Men - Wins needed for 2022 NCAA At Large Bid | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Men Wins needed for 2022 NCAA At Large Bid

Reaction Score
Kennesaw State just stole one as well. Let me just say, I live 15 minutes from the KSU campus, so I am happy for them. But how do you win your tourney after losing the first 2 games of it? Doesn't seem fair that they should have that opportunity and steal a bid.

Reaction Score
Kennesaw State just stole one as well. Let me just say, I live 15 minutes from the KSU campus, so I am happy for them. But how do you win your tourney after losing the first 2 games of it? Doesn't seem fair that they should have that opportunity and steal a bid.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that scheduling gets done multiple years in advance so it’s hard to know that a team like say Rutgers, who prior to this year hasn’t had a winning season since 2014, would have been good to put on the schedule. It could have just as easily been another RPI killer if they had one of their more normal seasons below .500.
Not for baseball. Schedules are done in late summer and fall of the year leading up to the season.

Reaction Score
Not for baseball. Schedules are done in late summer and fall of the year leading up to the season.
They may be finalized at that time but Chris Jones often alludes to future scheduling during the season. Either way the point remains that it is very difficult to predict which teams will be anchors and which will be boons to RPI. For example Rutgers was well over 100 RPI last year and URI and Northeastern were well under 100. Now this year we are all wishing we had swapped those teams but the reality is it’s hard to know which teams will be that surprise regional team like Rutgers this year.

Reaction Score
DBU has lost a lot of games to not great teams. Seems like they kinda made up their minds about them being in a month ago and now it's assumed.

Reaction Score
Latest Baseball America Field of 64 projection from this morning now has UConn headed to the College Park, Maryland Regional as the 3 seed:

College Park, Md.
1. (8) Maryland^
2. Virginia
3. Connecticut*
4. Long Island*

One more Baseball America Field of 64 projection for UConn after Saturday’s action:

Louisville
1. (10) Louisville^
2. Vanderbilt
3. Connecticut*
4. Ball State*

Reaction Score

One more Baseball America Field of 64 projection for UConn after Saturday’s action:

Louisville
1. (10) Louisville^
2. Vanderbilt
3. Connecticut*
4. Ball State*
Psychologically, Louisville would be fine. We know we can play with them.

Don’t know the at large status, but I know for damn sure how many more wins it will take so we’re playing next weekend. Let’s get it done.

Reaction Score
Psychologically, Louisville would be fine. We know we can play with them.

Don’t know the at large status, but I know for damn sure how many more wins it will take so we’re playing next weekend. Let’s get it done.
Yeah we can win that regional.
Selfishly I want College Park or Charlottesville so I can watch them all weekend!

Reaction Score
No change in UConn’s seeding or regional opponents in latest D1Baseball/NCAA projections but Miami has dropped to the #7 overall seed after getting knocked out of ACC Tournament.

CORAL GABLES
1 Miami (7)
4 Florida A&M*
2 Florida
3 Connecticut*

Latest D1 Baseball projection on Sunday morning:

SOUTH BEND
1 Notre Dame (8)
4 Wright State*
2 Oregon
3 Connecticut*

Reaction Score
I was traveling all day yesterday to California. Periodically Kept up with game through everyone’s posts ( thanks). I will post my final regular season chart once I return home. Hoping for a victory in championship game, so no drama tomorrow.

Let’s get this Championship.

Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
I fully expect both St Johns and Seton Hall to be stronger in the future. In fact the entire league has the potential to be pretty strong. By the way, Xavier swept Cincinnati in a 4 game series this season.
Except that it has been a 1-bid league since its inception, except 1 year. Dream what you will, but only UConn among the NEWBIE members tries to be a major program in sports other than men’s basketball. It isn’t 1985 and more. Craig Biggio and Mo Vaughn aren’t playing for the Hall and Viola isn’t on the hill in the Bronx.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Except that it has been a 1-bid league since its inception, except 1 year. Dream what you will, but only UConn among the NEWBIE members tries to be a major program in sports other than men’s basketball. It isn’t 1985 and more. Craig Biggio and Mo Vaughn aren’t playing for the Hall and Viola isn’t on the hill in the Bronx.

NEWBIE?

Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
FIVE Big East teams made the college cup this year.

Reaction Score
Viola never was on the hill in the Bronx. St. Johns is located in Queens. With the possible exception of Butler every other baseball playing team in the Big East has the potential to be pretty good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom