Winning first 10 games by 10+ points | The Boneyard

Winning first 10 games by 10+ points

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I hope so but next week is a creampuff so I'm sure we'll have people concerned we'll drop the ball or some other nebbish BS.

Reaction Score
But, but, I thought all of our games were against creampuffs? I hope I don't hear one more person saying that our schedule wasn't good or that the next game will be the one that tells us something.
The cupcakes were generally bad, and Oregon, OSU, and Florida have been so-so.

What rescued our schedule was winning the games in Portland that let us face Alabama and ISU.

The concern was, if we lost that first game, we wouldn't have had any good opportunities.

Reaction Score
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The cupcakes were generally bad, and Oregon, OSU, and Florida have been so-so.

What rescued our schedule was winning the games in Portland that let us face Alabama and ISU.

The concern was, if we lost that first game, we wouldn't have had any good opportunities.

Our SOS speaks for itself. This is a very good pre-conference schedule. Of course if you advance in a preseason tournament you get to face better teams.

Reaction Score
Our SOS speaks for itself. This is a very good pre-conference schedule. Of course if you advance in a preseason tournament you get to face better teams.
Yes, my point is that it's not inconsistent to say:
1) it was valid to be concerned about the OOC schedule before the season
2) as it turns out (and aided by our own performance), the OOC schedule was very good

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yes, my point is that it's not inconsistent to say:
1) it was valid to be concerned about the OOC schedule before the season
2) as it turns out (and aided by our own performance), the OOC schedule was very good

I think when you schedule a bunch of P5 teams, it's not a cupcake schedule, but I agree it's turned out better than it may have looked.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The schedule complainers have moved on.
nah Shiz is still here:

A man in his 30's sits in front of a computer screen. Framed Basketball posters surround a mid 2010s flat screen TV. A mini UConn basketball hoop hangs above his monitor, the nerf ball is lost, the backboard dusty. A BigEast cup ,a souvenir from his lone trip to Madison Square Garden , meets his lips. The beverage masks the reek of spilled bong water from the night before.

His roommate noticed the smell earlier, after the gym. He sets his beer down. A bobblehead of a man in a suit with the caption "No Escalators" jiggles on its spring. His roomates coworker chuckled at it during one of his visits this past winter, while the man was attending a basketball game at XL Center.

His eyeglasses reflect a Blue and White webpage. His condensing fingertips fall heavily upon keys concealing sugar from sour patch kids. He checks to see if anyone has replied to any of his recent critiques of the UConn non conference schedule . Indeed they have. He smiles. Purpose.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
nah Shiz is still here:

A man in his 30's sits in front of a computer screen. Framed Basketball posters surround a mid 2010s flat screen TV. A mini UConn basketball hoop hangs above his monitor, the nerf ball is lost, the backboard dusty. A BigEast cup ,a souvenir from his lone trip to Madison Square Garden , meets his lips. The beverage masks the reek of spilled bong water from the night before.

His roommate noticed the smell earlier, after the gym. He sets his beer down. A bobblehead of a man in a suit with the caption "No Escalators" jiggles on its spring. His roomates coworker chuckled at it during one of his visits this past winter, while the man was attending a basketball game at XL Center.

His eyeglasses reflect a Blue and White webpage. His condensing fingertips fall heavily upon keys concealing sugar from sour patch kids. He checks to see if anyone has replied to any of his recent critiques of the UConn non conference schedule . Indeed they have. He smiles. Purpose.
This loses its appeal the second time you post it. You should have waited a few months to post it again so that it would be fresh.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This loses its appeal the second time you post it. You should have waited a few months to post it again so that it would be fresh.

August thrives on copypasta. All this time and you still don't understand the first thing about him.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It’s the new BY mojo copy pasta . Embrace it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom