• AO explodes against a fading Lynx and outscores and outassists Pheesa

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Both rookies exceed their season average

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Both rookies underperform

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Tomorrow the Wings and Lynx meet in Minnesota. An opportunity to see two of the top three rookie of the year perform.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both rookies will do what they do best but perhaps better than their season performance. Specifically, I am sure both rookies are looking forward to it since both have expressed their desire to win ROY honors. I am actually a bit surprised how vocal Pheesa is about that as she stated a strong desire for ROY in her JUMP interview.

Arike will probably score more and probably have more assists (because the ball is in her hands and the defense is always trying to force it out of her hands) but Pheesa will be the more efficient on offense, be a much stronger factor on the boards and continue to play the better defense.

Reaction Score

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Lopez writes

Ogunbowale has shot 48% since the All-Star break and is now the leading candidate for Rookie of the Year with less than a month remaining in the regular season.
You'd think a distinguished daily newspaper like the Dallas Morning News would get the arithmetic right. Her shooting percentage in Dallas's eight games since the All-Star game has been 44% (56 of 126), not 48%.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if the Dallas coaches turn Arike loose to give her more opportunities to outshine Collier tonight. A loss would put Dallas five games behind the Lynx and make it very hard for them to make the playoffs. However, the way Minnesota has been playing lately, Dallas could win even though their big objective would be to boost Arike's ROY chances.

Reaction Score
Both rookies performed admirably in the Lynx domination of the Wings. Both displayed a great deal of talent in extended performances. This game perhaps confirms that AO & Pheesa are 12 in the Roy race.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both rookies performed admirably in the Lynx domination of the Wings. Both displayed a great deal of talent in extended performances. This game perhaps confirms that AO & Pheesa are 12 in the Roy race.

or Pheesa & AO are 1-2 in the ROY race :)

Reaction Score
I wondered who would catch that. In another thread a BYer thought Pheesa would be unanimous rookie of the year. Clearly that's not going to be the case and I suspect it'll be a very very close vote. Nice to see two high-level performances by rookies however. Very good for the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will be curious if there is any footage of Pheesa and Arike during the end of game congratulatory line. Not sure if they will be cold to each other or hug it out???

Reaction Score
Well they're professionals now. From what I've seen the professionals do have a sisterhood and are committed to the game itself. That is with the exception of Kristine Anigwe.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I will be curious if there is any footage of Pheesa and Arike during the end of game congratulatory line. Not sure if they will be cold to each other or hug it out???
When the clock was running down, Arike started making the rounds high-fiving the players on the court. She and Napheesa were quite cordial. In the Lynx thread, Shades posted Napheesa’s postgame interview, in which she had nice things to say about Arike. As Az said, they’re professionals now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom