Willow St. Entrance | The Boneyard

Willow St. Entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can you still go down Willow, bearing left near Cabela's then a quick right to get to the blues?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Can you still go down Willow, bearing left near Cabela's then a quick right to get to the blues?
I was going to make that right from Main onto Willow, but there was a large fluorescent sign with an arrow indicating to go straight for the stadium entrance. I don't think it was actually closed, but I just followed the sign to Silver lane. Total guess here, but since they are developing the old runway for the new retail development, maybe that's part of the deal.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes.

But JH is right they seem to be eliminating that entrance which sucks for anyone coming on RT 2 W.

Reaction Score
So everyone is now entering from Silver Lane? If so very stupid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So everyone is now entering from Silver Lane? If so very stupid.

Seems to be what they want. There is no way to red/gray from Willow St that doesn't take you all the way around past the stadium and through that dumb right hand turn with 6 million cones.

Reaction Score
There should be a direct road from Willow St to the Red/Grey lots. When we start getting full house attendance and maybe enlarge the Stadium you have to have multiple access/ egress avenues. Exiting after the game still seems to be a cluster.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd Iike know which games you are attending. Since the rent opened it has yet to take me more than 15 minutes from seat to highway after the final whistle. I've been in the purple lot, red lot, grey lot and blue lot.

Reaction Score
I'd Iike know which games you are attending. Since the rent opened it has yet to take me more than 15 minutes from seat to highway after the final whistle. I've been in the purple lot, red lot, grey lot and blue lot.[/QUO
Many, the key is to have something to eat or drink postgame. Exiting the Blue/ Grey/Red lot to Silver lane is a mess with folks leaving the RV lot mixing in, everyone switching lanes, it seems like a free for all. Wait till we get attendance back up. If you hang out and have a postgame tailgate it can be 15 minutes. The traffic pattern is a cluster. There must be a better way to organize it is my point.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd Iike know which games you are attending. Since the rent opened it has yet to take me more than 15 minutes from seat to highway after the final whistle. I've been in the purple lot, red lot, grey lot and blue lot.

It's like a 20 minute walk to the back of the red lot the way they set it up this year.

Reaction Score
Look, I get it about wanting convenience and easier ingress-egress, but when you think of what these kids have to go through, busting their butts in practice to play for us on Saturdays--while trying to make it as students, I think we can all endure a bit of a hassle in heading home.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Look, I get it about wanting convenience and easier ingress-egress, but when you think of what these kids have to go through, busting their butts in practice to play for us on Saturdays--while trying to make it as students, I think we can all endure a bit of a hassle in heading home.

The two really aren't related.

It's also hopelessly naive. You want people to spend their money and time coming to your games? You need to make it as easy as possible - if you give people reasons to stay home / they will stay home.

Reaction Score
Yes.

But JH is right they seem to be eliminating that entrance which sucks for anyone coming on RT 2 W.
I always used Rte 2 to get in and then right at Cabelas. But now gonzo. Interesting though I exited to Rte2

Reaction Score
I got to the stadium around 11 AM (frack U I-84 in Waterbury) and Willow St was closed. Had to drive all the way around to Silver Lane and as I just do general parking, ended-up in Red Lot somewhere near the Glastonbury town line. Took 20 minutes to walk and my watch said it was 1.25 miles. Absolutely insane. Stadium officials need to make it easier to get to the parking areas, not worse. future shoppers can be inconvenienced 6 or 7 times a year, no big deal. At least they let us leave via Willow Street.

Reaction Score
Why did they discontinue the shuttles? One time we were parked 2 miles down the runway, could not see the stadium,thankfully there were shuttles then. Is the lack of shuttles due change of management of the field, or whoever manages the parking?

Reaction Score
So I saw some people turn in that way. Do we know for sure you couldn't get through that way? I went all the way down to Silver Lane but that seemed so much longer. I saw some cars turn in that way right in front of me. I may chance it in the future.

Reaction Score
So I saw some people turn in that way. Do we know for sure you couldn't get through that way? I went all the way down to Silver Lane but that seemed so much longer. I saw some cars turn in that way right in front of me. I may chance it in the future.

Yea I went in that way, but you couldn't stay to the right and go around Cabela's to get to red, you have to take a left at the light, and basically drive around the entire stadium, and then park a mile away.

Reaction Score
A Silver Lane shortcut:

Pass the Willow Street entrance.

Take the 2nd right onto Sisson Street (Krauszer's is on the corner).

Follow Sisson to end, turn left onto Mercer Avenue.

Follow Mercer to stoplight at Silver Lane, turn right. Stadium entrances are on your right.

It cuts out the major intersections, and makes it so much easier to get home.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yea I went in that way, but you couldn't stay to the right and go around Cabela's to get to red, you have to take a left at the light, and basically drive around the entire stadium, and then park a mile away.

See my post last game. 'Go to hell'

That was exactly why.

Reaction Score
A Silver Lane shortcut:

Pass the Willow Street entrance.

Take the 2nd right onto Sisson Street (Krauszer's is on the corner).

Follow Sisson to end, turn left onto Mercer Avenue.

Follow Mercer to stoplight at Silver Lane, turn right. Stadium entrances are on your right.

It cuts out the major intersections, and makes it so much easier to get home.

Geez - how else are you at keeping other secrets?

Reaction Score
See my post last game. 'Go to hell'

That was exactly why.

Yea Army was the same. Nova I was able to go right but then when I went to pay for parking the area of red lot close to the stadium across from grey was only being used for Pratt & Whitney so they had to direct me in a different direction.

Really annoying to park so far away that you can't see the stadium and then walk through all these empty fields on the way there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yea Army was the same. Nova I was able to go right but then when I went to pay for parking the area of red lot close to the stadium across from grey was only being used for Pratt & Whitney so they had to direct me in a different direction.

Really annoying to park so far away that you can't see the stadium and then walk through all these empty fields on the way there.

Yes, I tried the Airport Club for the first time yesterday. It's a lot better than the Red Lot/Willow St debacle.

Plus Laz doesn't get paid. F Laz.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
The Airport Cub has been my go-to for years.
Usually because my crew is in Blue Lot so I just park and walk over.
But yesterday a bunch of us did the tailgate there and we had plenty of room to spread out.
Plus the ladies liked the bathrooms with the real toilets and sinks.

Reaction Score
Why did they discontinue the shuttles? One time we were parked 2 miles down the runway, could not see the stadium,thankfully there were shuttles then. Is the lack of shuttles due change of management of the field, or whoever manages the parking?
They had the shuttles yesterday. We were directed to the far end of the runway and they had at least 2 LAZ airport shuttles. Took them both ways.

Reaction Score

We talked to someone who worked there as we were getting the shuttles about the empty fields and he indicated the Rent no longer has access to them as they are going to be developed.

Reaction Score
The Airport Cub has been my go-to for years.
Usually because my crew is in Blue Lot so I just park and walk over.
But yesterday a bunch of us did the tailgate there and we had plenty of room to spread out.
Plus the ladies liked the bathrooms with the real toilets and sinks.
Where is the Airport Club? Have heard about it for years, but since I always prepaid for parking I never bothered to find out about it. With the new parking patterns I may consider it for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom