Will We See This In A Game Before She Leaves UConn? | The Boneyard

Will We See This In A Game Before She Leaves UConn?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I understand the thrill it is to the dunker and the team as a whole and some segments of the crowd but I don't think so. Unless the dunk percentage > 90% (I do not think Liv is that adept a dunker especially in game conditions) or so, it is a bad shot to take in any meaningful game and would probably be viewed as rubbing it in within a blowout game.

The only women player I have seen who is a sufficiently good dunker would be Beliebi. I think she will have quite a few before she finishes her career.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think whether or not we see it in a game will depend on Crystal, Paige or one of the other dime-dropping guards that Liv will be playing with over the next few years, and their ability to set Liv up with a perfect pass off a pick and roll or some other situation that leads her perfectly to the basket.

Reaction Score
I loved French apple pie until I went into the service and discovered they had tables with trays full of French apple pie. Two weeks later I lost my appetite for French apple pie. After a couple of seasons of watching virtually every type of dunk I feel the same way. Ask yourself, would you rather see a three point swish, a pinpoint pass resulting in an open two pointer or another dunk?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If you give me a choice between one national championship and 50 thunderous dunks, I'll take the former every day of the week and twice on Sunday please and thank you.

I personally believe it's fool's gold to hype dunking in the women's game because it only plays into the narrative that the women's game is "less than" the men's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember Parker dunking at UConn the last time the teams played, I hope to see Liv dunk at Tennessee next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I understand the thrill it is to the dunker and the team as a whole and some segments of the crowd but I don't think so. Unless the dunk percentage > 90% (I do not think Liv is that adept a dunker especially in game conditions) or so, it is a bad shot to take in any meaningful game and would probably be viewed as rubbing it in within a blowout game.

The only women player I have seen who is a sufficiently good dunker would be Beliebi. I think she will have quite a few before she finishes her career.
I agree with you generally, but I did think Liv has a functional enough dunk that she can throw one down in a game. Geno has no problem with that, so long as she doesn’t miss.

Like most college women’s dunks, this is more of a bastard child of a finger roll and dunk, but she really doesn’t struggle to get it. I wouldn’t mind seeing it a game.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is what I mean. I couldn’t give a lick about any of Candace’s dunks. All it shows is that she didn’t hustle to get back on defense. The same lack of effort that got her famously benched in this year’s playoffs.

Reaction Score
I put this down in the First Nite activities thread but probably interesting enough for it's own focus thread.

I missed it Biff. My bad. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom