Will Tonight's commentators discuss the 2021 signing classes> | The Boneyard

Will Tonight's commentators discuss the 2021 signing classes>

Reaction Score
I think they will discuss the two school's classes. It being on FOX, I expect they will talk about the two best classes with UConn being number one. If the game were on ESPN, I would expect the reverse.

Not sure how much discussion there will be. It's really just filler, but we know how much some announcers love filler - often to the detriment of covering the actual game.

May there be no injuries tonight.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think they will discuss the two school's classes. It being on FOX, I expect they will talk about the two best classes with UConn being number one. If the game were on ESPN, I would expect the reverse.

Not sure how much discussion there will be. It's really just filler, but we know how much some announcers love filler - often to the detriment of covering the actual game.

May there be no injuries tonight.
It's on FS1 (FOX Sports 1) not FOX.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think they will give texture to the game and reintroduce the next most likely UConn Rivalry,, UConn - TN, UConn - ND, UConn - SCar and push the idea pretty hard. That will be extended to the USA Coaching history etc.

Reaction Score
I think they will give texture to the game and reintroduce the next most likely UConn Rivalry,, UConn - TN, UConn - ND, UConn - SCar and push the idea pretty hard. That will be extended to the USA Coaching history etc.

sample:

It's great that these two schools are contracted to continue the rivalry into the future.

That's right. AND they should both be top ten contenders in the future when all the players on the court are gone.

Yes, their incoming freshman classes for next year are ranked number 1 and 2 by every recruiting service.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Good lord. Who cares. Is there gonna be a banner for this as well?

Reaction Score
People who watch games without intimate details about the two teams involved. Yeah, take a Prospect nation banner if you want.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Plebe, I felt the same until I sat back and thought about it a bit more. On face value it may not mean as much in the moment as it will for the future. Anything that puts 2 of the very best in WCBB front and center helps not only UCONN and SC but all of the WCBB, a win all around.
This game may very well be the last best game of the regular season, a lead off to a triple header for the night. Any and all hype only helps the game. I remember the wise pitch man for the WWE {Vince McMahan}sp? saying the only bad pub is no pub at all, that's a paraphrase but you get the point. Maybe not 100% true, but pretty darn close. On the side sometimes it's fun to sit back and call bs on things they say. Enjoy the game, I hope we all enjoy the outcome.

Reaction Score
Can people stop being dicks about the banner thing? Let it go already. If South Carolina wants to erect statues and hang banners, let them. It's their program and they can celebrate it, its players, and seasons as they see fit.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
....That's right. AND they should both be top ten contenders in the future when all the players on the court are .
It’s nice to know our SC brethren only want to be Top 10 contenders vs. our goal of Top 3,4 or 5 annually. I mean when the heck weren’t we a top 4 program 13 years ago? :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Your snark groweth as game time approacheth.
Thanks! I try hard...given what we all see on the 2021, 2022 and now the 2023 recruiting trails, I see a handful of schools distancing themselves from the pack:
Oregon,
Stanford,
SC
UConn
Transfers will now have a huge impact on schools as defections and injections of talent occur. ND and Baylor seem to be having to use that as an active strategy.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Plebe, I felt the same until I sat back and thought about it a bit more. On face value it may not mean as much in the moment as it will for the future. Anything that puts 2 of the very best in WCBB front and center helps not only UCONN and SC but all of the WCBB, a win all around.
This game may very well be the last best game of the regular season, a lead off to a triple header for the night. Any and all hype only helps the game. I remember the wise pitch man for the WWE {Vince McMahan}sp? saying the only bad pub is no pub at all, that's a paraphrase but you get the point. Maybe not 100% true, but pretty darn close. On the side sometimes it's fun to sit back and call bs on things they say. Enjoy the game, I hope we all enjoy the outcome.
Actually he said "The only thing worse than bad publicity is no publicity at all." ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Actually he said "The only thing worse than bad publicity is no publicity at all." ;)
Fellas it was the PT Barnum, the worlds first great promoter who said "There's no such thing as bad publicity". He also said "There's a sucker born every minute". Noting the state of the world today clearly he failed to realize was there's an idiot born every second.

Reaction Score
People who watch games without intimate details about the two teams involved. Yeah, take a Prospect nation banner if you want.

They can talk recruiting at 3 in the morning. I hope they talk about the game in front of them ..... but I have little hope of that. The Fox announcers who did the DePaul game really had little knowledge of either team except what they read off their scripts. I've found it a lot less annoying to mute the audio & put on music. I keep my monitor set to the online stats which tell me everything I need.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wrong class. The class they were talking about gets on the court next year. That class SC grabbed 3 of the top ten.

Thanks. My post was not serious. I was mocking the OP and the idea that Fox would somehow talk about the UConn havint the #1 class because Fox broadcasts Big East games.

Reaction Score
Thanks. My post was not serious. I was mocking the OP and the idea that Fox would somehow talk about the UConn havint the #1 class because Fox broadcasts Big East games.

why mock? UConn Does have the number one class according to several recruiting analysts. Yes. Why would FOX fallin line with their “eyeball rival” ESPN and proclaim SCar’s class number one?

they televise the UConn brand and will promote it as the best brand at every opportunity when pitted against a brand backed by ESPN. That’s the bidness of eyeballs. Promotion helps draw eyeballs.

granted, they might be serious and open minded journalists and will say “ the best two classes. Both are ranked one or two - according to who you read.”

we’ll see. Or not. They may not talk recruiting at all

Reaction Score
Wrong class. The class they were talking about gets on the court next year. That class SC grabbed 3 of the top ten.
Three of the top ten on ESPN’ rating service. I believe if you include all the major rating services and average it out, UConn’s class is clearly higher. Either way though, both schools are going to have lots of talent over the next few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom