Will Nika Play? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Nika Play?

Reaction Score
well ... that would be wonderful, but if she indeed has a high ankle sprain rather amazing

in any case, if she even gave it a go today it must be an inspiration to the team
Is this uncertainty more designed to have the opponent confused? In no case would you risk a more serious injury but with the possibility of two games left in the season as opposed to an entire season ahead of you it might change the discussion.

Reaction Score
Trainers make the decision on who is available to play, not the coach. He decides if he wants to play an available player. If she is cleared to play it is because the trainers feel she is healthy enough not to cause further injury to herself. Geno will decide if she is also ready enough to have a positive impact on the game. Nika likely wanted to practice the next day after the injury. If she gets to play I hope the black eye is not yet totally healed - maybe just has taken on that ugly color they get when starting to heal. That should spook the competition.

Reaction Score
like just about anybody in WBB, NM would have great difficulty guarding McDonald at 100% never mind 75%..........I say if she can play have her come off the bench as needed............

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If she can play, I would not start her. Assuming we pull ahead at the start, then play her just enough to get the rust off so she is ready for Sunday, even if only 10 to 15 minutes on Sunday. Just use her when and if we need her, and if we hopefully never "need" her, then let her just run around for the last few minutes to be on a final four court.
Yes, or do the Doty thing and start her and play her for a few minutes to set the team in the right direction. If she feels good, she can come in a few more times.

Reaction Score
Won't play more than 10-15 minutes.
That would be fine. Paige, Christyn and Evina all played 40 minutes against Baylor, and in my opinion it showed down the stretch. Giving all of them a quick rest of even a couple of minutes could make a big difference with either Nika or Anna. Otherwise the final 5 or 6 minutes scare me if we don't have a comfortable lead by then.

Reaction Score
If she can play, I would not start her. Assuming we pull ahead at the start, then play her just enough to get the rust off so she is ready for Sunday, even if only 10 to 15 minutes on Sunday. Just use her when and if we need her, and if we hopefully never "need" her, then let her just run around for the last few minutes to be on a final four court.
If she plays and warms up before I don't see them letting her sit at the start so it gets stiff.

Reaction Score
Trainers make the decision on who is available to play, not the coach. He decides if he wants to play an available player. If she is cleared to play it is because the trainers feel she is healthy enough not to cause further injury to herself. Geno will decide if she is also ready enough to have a positive impact on the game. Nika likely wanted to practice the next day after the injury. If she gets to play I hope the black eye is not yet totally healed - maybe just has taken on that ugly color they get when starting to heal. That should spook the competition.
I hope her eye is completely healed but have you heard about makeup. :)

Reaction Score
It would be wrong to take any opponent lightly and I don't think UCONN will do that. If UCONN plays the way they have been in the tournament this game will be over early.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If she’s hurt, she shouldn’t try to be be a hero. I still have nightmares over the Iowa State Sweet 16 game when Svet didn’t tell anyone she had a broken foot and then went 3-17 in the loss. ?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Exactly. And for those of us who must watch on TV, it's 9:30p ET / 8:30p CT and Tucson 6:30p MST.
Actually MST is 7:30 and 6:30 is Pacific.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If she’s hurt, she shouldn’t try to be be a hero. I still have nightmares over the Iowa State Sweet 16 game when Svet didn’t tell anyone she had a broken foot and then went 3-17 in the loss. ?
In hindsight that game was painful to watch. The truth is if she'd have been honest to herself about her condition UConn would have won that game.

Reaction Score
Actually MST is 7:30 and 6:30 is Pacific.
I know you're trying to throw off the Wildcats fans so that they miss the first half, but, to be fair...

Tucson is in the Mountain Standard Time zone which did not change its clocks recently to Daylight Savings Time. Los Angeles, for instance, has the same time since LA is in the Pacific Daylight Saving Time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom