Men - Why UConn’s Jim Penders shared emotional moment with father on Maryland field: ‘Sweet redemption’ (Borges@Hearst) | The Boneyard

Men Why UConn’s Jim Penders shared emotional moment with father on Maryland field: ‘Sweet redemption’ (Borges@Hearst)

Reaction Score
It’ll still be a great story no matter how many times it is told. It’s now become part of the HookC lore).

Alternate access link here <<

-> The final out had just been recorded, the UConn baseball team was dogpiling on the field at Bob Smith Stadium after beating Maryland to clinch the College Park Regional, and head coach Jim Penders was making like a former U.S. Olympic hockey goalie.

“I was like Jim Craig at the end of the 1980 hockey game, looking up in the stands: ‘Where’s my father? Where’s my father?,’ ” Penders said.

That he was essentially asking this question to a bunch of Maryland fans who had no idea who his father was made it even more surreal. Then, Jim Penders Sr. popped out from around the dugout.

“And I got pretty choked up, telling him what he meant to me,” the younger Penders recalled. “It was pretty emotional, getting him down on the field.” <-

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm curious, do we have any ghosts to exorcise in Palo Alto?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom