Why should this season be continued? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why should this season be continued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clemson paying UConn 2.1 million dollars.

$900K

-> Wyoming at Connecticut, Sept. 25: Wyoming will travel east to take on the Huskies for a guarantee of zero dollars, but that doesn’t mean the Cowboys are coming away empty-handed. Wyoming originally was scheduled to play Clemson, but Clemson cancelled that contract to play Georgia.

Because of the cancellation, Clemson and Wyoming settled on a $1 million payment. But then Clemson went a step further, connecting UConn and Wyoming to help the Cowboys fill the hole on their schedule. Clemson will still play UConn this season, but the guarantee for that game was reduced from $1.2 million to $900,000. This was because the Huskies did not have to pay Wyoming for the new game.

“We’re playing UConn and Clemson is rerouting money to us,” said Wyoming athletics director Tom Burman. “So, at the end of the day, we almost become whole from what we would have gotten at Clemson.” <-

Reaction Score
Seems like Clemson might be having a down here by their standards. They’ll still destroy UCONN. Wish I could go. Awesome place and that area of SC looks special. Tyler Phommachanh could play against his brother.

Reaction Score
Anyone who asks this question isn’t a sports fan.

This seasons sucks, no question. But UConn is hardly the first team to have an absolutely horribly $h!tty season in the history of sports. Every other team managed to trudge on.
On the college level, for much of its history, Columbia in the Ivy League stunk. Even back to back 0-10 seasons at one time.

Yet, they trudge on.

We should schedule Columbia.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
please.......I have never seen anything so pathetic.....the results look like the 7th grade game I watched the other night.
Nobody’s making you watch the games chief. If it’s really making you this unhappy, find something else to do. We will miss your wit and wisdom on the board, but we can struggle through the rest of the season without you.

Reaction Score
So if the basketball team came out like garbage starting the year going 1-12 would you advocate cancelling that season as well? You play because you have pride, and hopefully a set of balls. You cancel football mid season in a non Covid Year you might as well cancel all other sports as well. The entire AD would be finished for a decade.
It’s a lot easier to turn a basketball team around than a football team

Reaction Score
Nobody’s making you watch the games chief. If it’s really making you this unhappy, find something else to do. We will miss your wit and wisdom on the board, but we can struggle through the rest of the season without you.
A+

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wondered why someone with only 60 posts was a member for 10 years and was so negative (kind of a jackwad) so looked up your posts and here is the 1st two lines of your post of almost exactly 10 years ago:

"Let's face it.....on offense we have a terrible passing game with below average players and bad schizo playcalling. Hard to remember a more frustrating watch."

See you again in 2031.
Wow - captain negative himself does a deep dive to out another negative. This place is special.

Nice work.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I confess, I certainly felt the same as the OP today, but then you think about the year off and how that did nothing for this squad and how in the second half today at least the D and the O got quality practice and might have done some growing today. I know- don’t bother sending the arrows about “partner in practice” nonsense. I realize how that sounds- but partners in practice is where we are at this September. Maybe after another game of “practice” we can really compete again. Can’t get better if you don’t play. Can’t get better playing just yourselves.

Reaction Score
Umm, because what we are watching is the result of taking off last season?????
The Ivy League took last season off, not real football teams. Shame on UConn for not trying harder to play some games last season. The rest of the country did and, well . . . they are still all here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Basketball didn’t cancel their 2019/2020 season because of a virus with a <1% mortality rate.
They also didn't lose 75% of their schedule
UConn football was not the only team to not play in 2020

Reaction Score
Honestly the second half of the game and seeing Tyler Phommachanh making plays with his legs, has given me a glimmer of hope. Not that we'll when any games but that we'll continue to improve and get competitive by the end of the season

Reaction Score
please.......I have never seen anything so pathetic.....the results look like the 7th grade game I watched the other night.
Try reading what you write and you won't be able to say that anymore.

Reaction Score
I wondered why someone with only 60 posts was a member for 10 years and was so negative (kind of a jackwad) so looked up your posts and here is the 1st two lines of your post of almost exactly 10 years ago:

"Let's face it.....on offense we have a terrible passing game with below average players and bad schizo playcalling. Hard to remember a more frustrating watch."

See you again in 2031.
He’s part of a sleeper cell.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
Seems like Clemson might be having a down here by their standards. They’ll still destroy UCONN. Wish I could go. Awesome place and that area of SC looks special. Tyler Phommachanh could play against his brother.
and some of the best BBQ right down the road too

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Exactly. Even in the first half there could've been some big plays if not for drops.

UConn won the 2nd half 21-10. I don't care if it was against Army's 2nd string. I don't think Edsall/Giuffre's offense does that. They brought in Mazzone, listened to him, installed some of his stuff, put in some new personnel, and got at least some results from it.

I'm looking forward to the next game.
Agree I'm excited too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member