Why should this season be continued? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why should this season be continued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Basketball didn’t cancel their 2019/2020 season because of a virus with a <1% mortality rate.
Absolutely no attack here but sometimes facts are left out of some comments. It should be mentioned on why their season was ended short of a tournament or two.
They finished the season 19–12, 10–8 in AAC play to finish in a tie for fifth place. Their season ended when the AAC Tournament and all other postseason tournaments were canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[4]
<1% mortality rate. Must have been in question. ;)

Reaction Score
Absolutely no attack here but sometimes facts are left out of some comments. It should be mentioned on why their season was ended short of a tournament or two.
They finished the season 19–12, 10–8 in AAC play to finish in a tie for fifth place. Their season ended when the AAC Tournament and all other postseason tournaments were canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[4]
<1% mortality rate. Must have been in question. ;)
@Woof 101 you should charge him for that lesson.

Reaction Score
There is nothing positive possible. It is plain vanilla pathetic.
Why not cancel the basketball, hockey, baseball and soccer seasons, too? I'm sorry but that is stupid.

Why not drop down to NAIA, so our football players can be safe. Not happening.

When UConn football come back, don't jump on the bandwagon by saying that you supported them in their darkest hours!!!

Reaction Score
Don’t think there is much correlation between the score board and who get injured. Army was much more physical and could have scored a lot more, yet it was army players being helped off the field. They are big boys and I’m not worried about anything but the score.

Reaction Score
Put another way, the answer to the question shoud be intuitively obvious. The proof is left to the reader.

Reaction Score
Whiskey tango foxtrot??? Are u friggin' nuts, troll???
I believe he is friggin nuts. Gimber, are you really a UConn football fan? Or are you a basketball fan who is pining when basketball was the BMOC. I love all of UConn sports. I remember seeing the hockey team playing an open air arena with snow on the rink. The fieldhouse. Now, I saw the glory days of UConn football and now, I want it back. We can and who knows - a Feista Bowl win against Oklahoma in the future??!! :)

Reaction Score
It’s a lot easier to turn a basketball team around than a football team
It could be. That does not change the fact that the OP was literally advocating cancelling the rest of the season on the basis of losing. The very notion is ludicrous and actually doing so would strip legitimacy away from the entire athletic department for a decade. You wouldn't be able to hire a coach worth a damn in any sport. Now is not the time for half measures. Either be all in or all out. If the decision is to be all in, then go spend actual money to hire a real coach and staff. Invest in the program now or watch it all decay.

Reaction Score
It could be. That does not change the fact that the OP was literally advocating cancelling the rest of the season on the basis of losing. The very notion is ludicrous and actually doing so would strip legitimacy away from the entire athletic department for a decade. You wouldn't be able to hire a coach worth a damn in any sport. Now is not the time for half measures. Either be all in or all out. If the decision is to be all in, then go spend actual money to hire a real coach and staff. Invest in the program now or watch it all decay.
The OP was just trolling us. I regret feeding the troll now. Shoulda just ignored the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom