Why Not Bazz?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why Not Bazz??

Reaction Score
Because the Pacers are dumb. Good for TJ making tons of close range bunnies and layups, he took less than 1 three-pointer a game and shot under 70% from free throw line…so I’d say that shooting % is skewed. Not too mention under 30% from deep. Bazz has been half 2s and half 3s and avg 12 and 4 his last year, so in terms of shooting I would take Bazz every single time…TJ isn’t a shooter, both are pretty equal defensively, and I’ll give TJ the edge on Asst/floor general

The other guy here mentioned that he is better than Bazz at everything and that is laughable. They are the same size, but play different styles, one got luckier than the other in my eyes. Put Shabazz in that role on the Pacers and he would be just as successful
"pretty much equal defensively".....tj mcconnell got all league 2nd team votes and had a points-assists-steals triple double and literally led the nba in steal% and steals and was second in steals per game coming off the bench.....cmon now. shabazz was pesky and he and boatright were downright dominate in college together defensively but that didn't translate to nba team defense like it did for tj

shabazz def a better shooter but.....also has never shot well in the nba. so a shooter who can't shoot? or a game manager who picks his spots and shoots efficiently....tj with a better efg% and ts%. to each their own. some teams need a guy like shabazz to open things up, some teams need guys like tj. backup point guard roles are flexible like that.

i love shabazz and hope he gets another chance, but you gotta take the blinders off here. there isnt a team in the nba that would choose shabazz over tj. not one. especially after this past season.

Reaction Score
"pretty much equal defensively".....tj mcconnell got all league 2nd team votes and had a points-assists-steals triple double and literally led the nba in steal% and steals and was second in steals per game coming off the bench.....cmon now. shabazz was pesky and he and boatright were downright dominate in college together defensively but that didn't translate to nba team defense like it did for tj

shabazz def a better shooter but.....also has never shot well in the nba. so a shooter who can't shoot? or a game manager who picks his spots and shoots efficiently....tj with a better efg% and ts%. to each their own. some teams need a guy like shabazz to open things up, some teams need guys like tj. backup point guard roles are flexible like that.

i love shabazz and hope he gets another chance, but you gotta take the blinders off here. there isnt a team in the nba that would choose shabazz over tj. not one. especially after this past season.
Yea, I’ll just agree to disagree. I don’t think you’re way off with some of this, but the defense I do. TJ last year def had a better single season defensively than Bazz has had, but he never cracked the top 50 in steals prior to that and Bazz has twice. Also, 1 triple double like that in a career and 1 great steal season doesn’t equate to being better hands down defensively. I agree, each team has different needs and TJ found his role with the Pacers, Bazz is just unlucky to me.

There are other guys who aren’t in the league like Lance Stephenson that make no sense to me either

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I'm sure he's still able to live off his Stumptown endorsement deal:

Don’t know how I didn’t know about this. This is amazing, especially considering how incredible stumptown coffee is. Can’t live without the Hair Bender beans

Reaction Score
What are you smoking? I follow the Pacers and TJ is what he is, a solid backup. I would take Shabazz in an instant over him

Well good thing you're not the Pacers GM or a GM for any team. This is the worst take I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
Well good thing you're not the Pacers GM or a GM for any team. This is the worst take I have ever seen.
Thx, the stats you provided really prove a point…ha

Get some facts and come back and see me.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Its the same reason a guy like Jalen Adams won't get a shot. He puts up numbers. He was good in the G League and in Israel. The issue is Jalen doesn't have the 3 point shot. If you're going to be an NBA point guard you have to be able to shoot. That said I think Bazz can shoot it.

Reaction Score
Thx, the stats you provided really prove a point…ha

Get some facts and come back and see me.

Here are some very telling stats about Shabazz.

Some of the worst franchises in the current NBA and NBA history wanted no part of Shabazz. The Wizards, Timberwolves, and Magic each had Shabazz on their roster and none wanted him for a second season. Better franchises with a strong history of player development like the Heat and historically the Nets got rid of Shabazz after one season despite a minimum contract.

The Blazers were a good fit for Bazz, he was a strong backup for two seasons but again despite a team friendly contract and a hole at backup point guard the Blazers felt they were better off without him.

If you're interested in reviewing TJ's stats I welcome you to review TJ's career points, assists and rebounding numbers as compared to Shabazz. They have played the same # of seasons yet TJ has 1K+ more assists, 800 more rebounds, 300+ more steals, 600+ more points, etc, etc.

Yes TJ has played more games yes Shabazz has more DNPCDs, Yes TJ is a better PRO basketball player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom