Why NBA is a Disgrace | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why NBA is a Disgrace

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
So did I. The NBA is of no interest. They need to move the basket up about two feet, and expand the court by 40%.
And: ban dunking, tattoos, odd hair-dos, odd facial hair, mouth pieces, and any other "devices" which draw individual attraction!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is one of those threads that reminds me of this pic :p

old man.jpg

My interest in the NBA has diminished since the original hornets moved outta charlotte..... but i still pay attention to it after the college season ends. Havent watched an All-Star game since about 1993 or so.

Reaction Score
Judge not --lest ye be judged!! As I judge the judging you seem to judge of those you perceived to have judged--but it's just a judgement call..

Note: the verse does not prohibit judging, just a warning you get what you give. I am cool with that.

Reaction Score
Back in the Day, I used to watch ESPN a lot, and I loved all of the "different" sports they used to televise: Australian Rules Football, rugby, Lumberjack competitions, women's basketball, various Olympic sports around the world...I could watch it all day. ESPN2 only made that more fun. Then I discovered a new sport....it may have been called Streetball....basically basketball on an outdoor court with an announcer calling the game like the emcee from a Grambling vs Southern Battle-of-the-Bands halftime show over a loudspeaker. It had little to do with basketball, apart from the court, hoop, and ball; it was all about entertaining the crowd and showing off. It was fun to watch, but it WASN'T basketball.

THAT is what the NBA has become, IMO. That is what lead me to UConn Women's Basketball; my enjoyment of the game. Streetball was fun to watch now-and-then, but it wasn't Basketball, and the game they play in the NBA is more akin to Streetball than it is Basketball.

Now, you kids GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you dont care for the NBA but stumbled onto the All Star game, happen to listen to it on Sports radio... you know about Westbrook and Durant SMH

I could tell you NOTHING about NASCAR... and I definitely wouldn't be starting a thread about it.

but we sit here and compare "our girls" to them... weird!

images

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Back in the Day, I used to watch ESPN a lot, and I loved all of the "different" sports they used to televise: Australian Rules Football, rugby, Lumberjack competitions, women's basketball, various Olympic sports around the world...I could watch it all day. ESPN2 only made that more fun. Then I discovered a new sport....it may have been called Streetball....basically basketball on an outdoor court with an announcer calling the game like the emcee from a Grambling vs Southern Battle-of-the-Bands halftime show over a loudspeaker. It had little to do with basketball, apart from the court, hoop, and ball; it was all about entertaining the crowd and showing off. It was fun to watch, but it WASN'T basketball.

THAT is what the NBA has become, IMO. That is what lead me to UConn Women's Basketball; my enjoyment of the game. Streetball was fun to watch now-and-then, but it wasn't Basketball, and the game they play in the NBA is more akin to Streetball than it is Basketball.

Now, you kids GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
farrakhan-scientology.jpg

Reaction Score
Note: the verse does not prohibit judging, just a warning you get what you give. I am cool with that.
As in all written or spoken words --it a matter of the person who reads or hears the message--puts that message into their own psyche and makes use of it.
I could live with the way you perceive it--the words Judge not---lest ye be judged--makes a clear statement--in any way you choose to read them.

Reaction Score
In their arrogance, they told Texas we'd have to allow unisex bathrooms or they'd sanction us, just like the NFL.
Can you imagine telling Texans we have to do what they say? Really isn't going too well for them down here.
We are having serious discussions about banning NFL and NBA games. There is a pretty large portion of our population that totally agrees. I know some don't agree, but in TX, this stuff goes over very poorly. Don't mess with Texas.

Oh yeah, this too:
Pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered.
A worm is the only animal that can’t fall down.
Never sign nothing by neon.
Just because a chicken has wings don’t mean it can fly.
Keep your saddle oiled and your gun greased.
You can’t get lard unless you boil the hog.
If you cut your own firewood, it’ll warm you twice.
There’s more than one way to break a dog from sucking eggs.
Give me the bacon without the sizzle.
Don’t hang your wash on someone else’s line.
Do God’s will, whatever the hell it may be.
Lick that calf again? (Say what?)
Why shear a pig?
Don’t snap my garters.
A guilty fox hunts his own hole.
Quit hollering down the rain.
Don’t rile the wagon master.
Better to keep your mouth shut and seem a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
The barn door’s open and the mule’s trying to run. (Your fly’s down.)
Don’t get all her up about it.

changes--chickens do fly--albeit not far. Every fox smells it's own hole. Quit hollerin down the drain pipe. Can't sew a button on a bee.
By all means: Don't mess with Texas--look what they did to Santa Anna who was defending his homeland. I never sheared a pig---although i did scrape them after i boiled them.
Nice list of home spun homilies .

Reaction Score
Pretty much every time I am in my vehicle I listen to sports radio. Why, I have no idea. Because the overwhelming percentage of this stuff is about stupid interpersonal drivel between these overpaid brats and not the sport itself. The so-called Zen Master and Melo, how loud will the boos be for Kevin Durant, LeBron and his cause of the week. It is a very rare event for basketball skills and strategy get debated, discussed, described. Why? The NBA is a bad product. Pleasing the fans is a tertiary concern at best. To quote Geno: "Don't watch."
Sometimes bad noise is better than the silence!! I agree--if you don't like what's on the radio--don't watch..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Of course I did not watch, but I listened to commentators the next day making a fuss about how many stunting and show boating shots efforts failed. Given the final aggregate scoring tally the game had to have been a very energetic affair. Sounds like all that was missing was a couple of pails of the Globe Trotters confetti H2O.

Reaction Score
Of course I did not watch, but I listened to commentators the next day making a fuss about how many stunting and show boating shots efforts failed. Given the final aggregate scoring tally the game had to have been a very energetic affair. Sounds like all that was missing was a couple of pails of the Globe Trotters confetti H2O.
,,,,and a deflated basketball. Always my favorite gag!

Reaction Score
@bags27 if the All-star game made you sick just watch 5 seconds of this clip and think of the trickle down effect to HS level. This kid is actually named after two of the NBA best Lebron and Carmello.
That any adult would be OK with the way this kid is playing makes me sick.
That someone one the opposing team did not consider doing him harm is remarkable.

You do realize this kid was born before LeBron and Carmelo made it to the NBA?

He's looking probably looking at D3 basketball offers.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You do realize this kid was born before LeBron and Carmelo made it to the NBA?
He's looking probably looking at D3 basketball offers.
Do you realize that both Lebron and Carmello were famous before they made it to the NBA?
LeMelo is already committed to UCLA.

carmelo-lebron-hs.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom