Why Mike Gundy believes 'there’s strength in numbers' for Big 12 as a football league… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why Mike Gundy believes 'there’s strength in numbers' for Big 12 as a football league…

Reaction Score
Sadly, they both defeated UConn in football soundly last time each of them played, and the basketball program for Syracuse is always a threat to make the tourney. BC basketball was improved last season. I do think they are happy cashing their checks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sadly, they both defeated UConn in football soundly last time each of them played, and the basketball program for Syracuse is always a threat to make the tourney. BC basketball was improved last season. I do think they are happy cashing their checks.
I’m sure their administrations are, but Syracuse fanbase is miserable in the BCU fan base is non existent.

Reaction Score
I’m sure their administrations are, but Syracuse fanbase is miserable in the BCU fan base is non existent.
I suspect Syracuse fans, like UConn fans, are very much primed to basketball. They had an off season and are likely angry. Many UConn fans are angry because we all got knocked out of the tourney in the first round! No comment on BCU. I am sure the ACC has buyers remorse there, but need to swallow the remorse thanks to ESPN. I think it is undeniable that they are very happy cashing those checks, and anyone who says UConn would not want to be in that conference is delusional. I would suspect if you polled Cuse fans or the BCU fan if they would rather be where they are now, or where UConn is now, they would be happy to stay put, based on the financial implications and the power of being in a P5 Conference. Of course, their bubble will likely burst when the ACC GOR is up.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suspect Syracuse fans, like UConn fans, are very much primed to basketball. They had an off season and are likely angry. Many UConn fans are angry because we all got knocked out of the tourney in the first round! No comment on BCU. I am sure the ACC has buyers remorse there, but need to swallow the remorse thanks to ESPN. I think it is undeniable that they are very happy cashing those checks, and anyone who says UConn would not want to be in that conference is delusional. I would suspect if you polled Cuse fans or the BCU fan if they would rather be where they are now, or where UConn is now, they would be happy to stay put, based on the financial implications and the power of being in a P5 Conference. Of course, their bubble will likely burst when the ACC GOR is up.
I don’t know, I suspect if you polled BCU fans would they rather have for national championships or none, and they were honest, they choose for national championships. Likewise, if you polled Syracuse fans, and they were honest, they say they would rather have for national championships then well, one with an asterisk next to it.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I think most Connecticut fans would move to the ACC if offered, though I suspect many, like myself would prefer the Big Ten, just to have the financial security. But for fan experience nothing beats competing in winning national championships. Anyone who says otherwise is being disingenuous.

Reaction Score
I don’t know, I suspect if you polled BCU fans would they rather have for national championships or none, and they were honest, they choose for national championships. Likewise, if you polled Syracuse fans, and they were honest, they say they would rather have for national championships then well, one with an asterisk next to it.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I think most Connecticut fans would move to the ACC if offered, though I suspect many, like myself would prefer the Big Ten, just to have the financial security. But for fan experience nothing beats competing in winning national championships. Anyone who says otherwise is being disingenuous.
You have to take the money if offered because it is the responsible thing to do. The only real possibility I could see for the ACC to work really well for us competitively, would be if our presence helped stoke the fire at Cuse and BC to compete. More importantly, could our presence help all 3 schools recruit to the area better and cultivate more fan excitement? The idea being that there could real competitive culture between the 3 which in time made them all more appealing to football players. I don’t know. For now, I like the Big East and feel good about Mora. We will know a lot more 2-3 years from now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom