OT: - Why does soccer appeal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Why does soccer appeal

Reaction Score
Rather watch a game where people actually score or get somewhere, than sing songs the whole game, waiting for a shot on goal. So much talent.

This from a guy who loves a sport where marching bands provide a soundtrack for every game.

Meaningful scoring>Meaningless scoring (lacrosse is unwatchable)

Reaction Score
You might be happy to know that the Dillon Stadium turf is certified for international rugby. The team made a conscious decision to pay the extra cash to make it soccer and rugby compliant. But rugby sucks so bad they haven't been able get any rugby interest from the community. Maybe you could put that on your list after you bring women's soccer to Bridgeport.
I wonder if it could host a Galeic Football or Hurling game. Hartford has a Galiec Athletic association, I think in Glastonbury, and so does Worcester, Manchester (NH), Portland (ME) and, of course, Boston and New York have several teams.

Reaction Score
I wonder if it could host a Galeic Football or Hurling game. Hartford has a Galiec Athletic association, I think in Glastonbury, and so does Worcester, Manchester (NH), Portland (ME) and, of course, Boston and New York have several teams.

I would check out hurling.

Reaction Score
You might be happy to know that the Dillon Stadium turf is certified for international rugby. The team made a conscious decision to pay the extra cash to make it soccer and rugby compliant. But rugby sucks so bad they haven't been able get any rugby interest from the community. Maybe you could put that on your list after you bring women's soccer to Bridgeport.
Why is Hartford Health in Bridgeport? Tell them to put their name on that baseball stadium in Hartford and get the beep out of Bridgeport.

So myopic. I wonder why the English royalty would prefer rugby over soccer. Must be the tea and biscuits.

Reaction Score
This from the guy who visits a board about a sport he doesn’t like.
At least I am being realistic. The irony is my parents come from a cricket and field hockey country.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I would check out hurling.

IMO, Gaelic football is more interesting. Closer to American Football/soccer, though in Ireland the popularity is about evenly split. Soccer is a distant third.

Happened to be in Dublin for the GAA semi-finals. Makes Super Bowl Sunday look like a kids birthday party, especially in the counties that are playing.

Reaction Score
This from a guy who lives all the way out in Kansas. Who knew UConn was so big out there...
Kansas (City) has their own MLS team. They are so cool and cosmopolitan. I wouldn't be surprised if ZooCougar wears tight pants, above the ankles.

Reaction Score
This from a guy who lives all the way out in Kansas. Who knew UConn was so big out there...

oh look at Cosplay 19. I guess I’m not allowed to pull for the place I am from and still own property in? What are you like 17 years old?

Reaction Score
Kansas (City) has their own MLS team. They are so cool and cosmopolitan. I wouldn't be surprised if ZooCougar wears tight pants, above the ankles.

I used to be a Season ticket holders. But it stopped being 2000 bucks worth of fun.

We actually have a Federation training facility right next to the stadium. There are literally more things to do within 5 minutes of the stadium than there is in the entire state of Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I used to be a Season ticket holders. But it stopped being 2000 bucks worth of fun.

We actually have a Federation training facility right next to the stadium. There are literally more things to do within 5 minutes of the stadium than there is in the entire state of Connecticut.
Wow, dude. Team should have been called the Kansas City Cosmopolitans. Over here, we're just farmers separated by miles and miles of farmland, as evidenced by Waquoits mentality. Connecticut just sucks. The distance between Hartford and Bridgeport is greater than that between LA and Honolulu. Buried my poor dead fish in a colonial cemetery behind my place today. So empty here.

Maybe I should have buried it with the Titanic survivor down the road who was killed for banging some dude's wife.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You can have your silly racist state. You are a perfect match.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I agree with all your likes. But I do have one major problem with the sport. The dives, over-reactions and complaining need to be sorted. I believe that all games should be reviewed afterwards for evidence of diving/simulation. I would be all for a post game yellow card. It's the only thing that diminishes the enjoyment of the game for me.
I'd love to hear Bruins' announcer Jack Edwards yelling "Get up!".

I'll never be a soccer-head, but this is clearly the biggest problem with drawing more American casual sports fans. If you writhe around like you need an amputation one minute, then are fine the next, you should be penalized.

Writhe = mandatory sub
OR
Fake = mandatory yellow. 2nd for team gets a red

You would make the sport 100x better in 5 mins. Even the hardiest of die hards that I know are 100% behind getting rid of the flopping and knee-grabbing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll never be a soccer-head, but this is clearly the biggest problem with drawing more American casual sports fans. If you writhe around like you need an amputation one minute, then are fine the next, you should be penalized.

Writhe = mandatory sub
OR

You would make the sport 100x better in 5 mins. Even the hardiest of die hards that I know are 100% behind getting rid of the flopping and knee-grabbing.
Nah, there really isn't all that writhing in an average game. Even so, I wouldn't mind seeing more yellow cards for simulation.

Reaction Score

Writhe = mandatory sub
OR

Soccer is on network tv. TV rights for the big tournaments and league go for millions of bucks.

meanwhile old guys like you who can’t get an superjohn anymore make commie kickball jokes. Joke is on you dude.

but go ahead. Play iron man 60 times a night at the Rent in front of 6000 friends and family.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Writhe = mandatory sub
OR

There is literally is a thing called simulation. There is more diving in the NBA these days.

Reaction Score
At least I am being realistic. The irony is my parents come from a cricket and field hockey country.

And an IED country. Maybe the US will be as awesome as Afghanistan and Somalia some day.

Reaction Score
Wow, dude. Team should have been called the Kansas City Cosmopolitans. Over here, we're just farmers separated by miles and miles of farmland, as evidenced by Waquoits mentality. Connecticut just sucks. The distance between Hartford and Bridgeport is greater than that between LA and Honolulu. Buried my poor dead fish in a colonial cemetery behind my place today. So empty here.

Maybe I should have buried it with the Titanic survivor down the road who was killed for banging some dude's wife.

You need to up the dosage again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom