Why do I smile whenever Syracuse has a problem ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why do I smile whenever Syracuse has a problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it Quentin or CeeLo?
C7A08C8B-A7E6-4629-95F7-E81976EABCD3.jpeg
1E71E087-A819-46B4-BF83-4789A6FAF908.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm well aware that QH from the outside has never seemed that likeable, but he was doing good things with that program. He was building something that look to have staying power (see Jeff Walz-Louisville)

He can say they're not in panic mode because he has to but the public perception will say otherwise. His ability to recruit will be compromised and before you know it the cupboards are bare. If he losses Cardoso to the Evil Empire he will be public enemy #1 for those who hate the Empire, and we all know what a rabid group that can be!
I suspect there is more to this story than just a coaching issue. While I have never liked Coach Q, he had built a Top 20 team for the next 3-4 years. Likely multiple issues caused this many transfers.

Reaction Score
SU played in the National Championship game in 2016. Unfortunately for them ,they had to play UConn. If they had played a coach that didn’t know how to game plan them so well, they might have won.
Very true, that was a great UConn team with 3 AA!

Reaction Score
Was he coach for the "if we can't win, then let's beat them up" UCONN game or was that before his time. I recall that the women were so mad, when Geno wanted to pull them at garbage time, they wanted to stay in and gave the cuse a major ass whuppin'.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If he losses Cardoso to the Evil Empire he will be public enemy #1
Wait? She’s going to Tennessee now?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really, until Cardoso entered the portal I didn't think anything much of the transfers:
1 was a walk on graduate
4 were graduates
4 had been suspended from the team
2 were getting small minutes on a 15 person team
So that doesn't really ring alarm bells. Not ideal but with a big recruiting class coming in not a big deal.

Cardoso entering the portal is another level - star player, freshman, skills and size you build a team around. Can't just shrug that off. You are left with a total rebuild from scratch with for now 3 returning players.

It may simply be an avalanche - one snowball leads to two, and suddenly the whole mountain is falling.

Reaction Score
It's called The Hops Spot.
A friend of mine works evening shift at St Joe’s and pre-COVID went here lots after work with coworkers. Now that I know a fellow Husky fan is one of the owners, I will have to start going myself. :cool:

Being a non-Syracuse native, my only opinion of Q is based off some games I’ve been to. He seemed like a likable person from the sidelines, but just not that great of a coach.

Reaction Score
I'm still upset about game we lost up there 25 years ago at Manley Field House

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Has Q made any statement since Kamilla Cardoso hit the portal?

Reaction Score
I have no opinion of him but do know that there's sure been some good players step onto their court. Good people, young women with a dream, no different than any other school. He does his,'eccentric' thing and they do their best. Nothing wrong with that.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
My issue with this guy is almost exclusively a result of him refusing a "homecoming date" for Breanna Stewart that wound up at Cornell, instead of 20-25K there was a sellout at less than 2000.. Shameful him shutting that game out of the Dome
Agree 100%. Down right childish, immature and unprofessional. You don't get a recruit so let's show her another reason she made a correct choice to NOT play for you.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Down right childish, immature and unprofessional. You don't get a recruit so let's show her another reason she made a correct choice to NOT play for you.
I have another institution in mind this also applies to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom