Why do I smile whenever Syracuse has a problem ? | The Boneyard

Why do I smile whenever Syracuse has a problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Lives around the corner from my son although they’ve never seen him out and about. No feedback on how he is outside of hoops.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Q should take a page out of Boeheim's playbook. Recruit family. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
At last count, 12 Syracuse wbb players have entered the transfer portal. Two questions here, 1. Did any of them stay? 2. Has any team ever lost this many players to transfer? If I were a recruit and was offered by Syracuse, I'd be highly skeptical and think 3 times before seriously considering going there. I'd need to talk/text at least three players from this year's roster and learn "the real reason" everyone left. No program/coach loses THAT many players at one time. Hillsman is trying to play it off like it's no big deal:

“We’re in a good place and we’re not in a panic mode,” Hillsman said, via Syracuse.com. “What’s happening right now is this portal across the country is becoming this thing where if you have nobody in the portal, then your program’s fantastic. If you got people in the portal, then you’re in trouble. We’re not in that state.”

but folks know better. :cool:

Reaction Score
At last count, 12 Syracuse wbb players have entered the transfer portal. Two questions here, 1. Did any of them stay? 2. Has any team ever lost this many players to transfer? If I were a recruit and was offered by Syracuse, I'd be highly skeptical and think 3 times before seriously considering going there. I'd need to talk/text at least three players from this year's roster and learn "the real reason" everyone left. No program/coach loses THAT many players at one time. Hillsman is trying to play it off like it's no big deal:

“We’re in a good place and we’re not in a panic mode,” Hillsman said, via Syracuse.com. “What’s happening right now is this portal across the country is becoming this thing where if you have nobody in the portal, then your program’s fantastic. If you got people in the portal, then you’re in trouble. We’re not in that state.”

"Not in panic mode" probably means -"I still have x years on my contract, so I get paid no matter what."

Reaction Score

I'm well aware that QH from the outside has never seemed that likeable, but he was doing good things with that program. He was building something that look to have staying power (see Jeff Walz-Louisville)

He can say they're not in panic mode because he has to but the public perception will say otherwise. His ability to recruit will be compromised and before you know it the cupboards are bare. If he losses Cardoso to the Evil Empire he will be public enemy #1 for those who hate the Empire, and we all know what a rabid group that can be!

Reaction Score
Lives around the corner from my son although they’ve never seen him out and about. No feedback on how he is outside of hoops.
I live in right in downtown Syracuse and am part owner of a restaurant here. Being a lifetime upstate NY'er, I grew up a fan of Syracuse everything. Obviously not to the extent of my UCONN fandom, but I digress. Anyway, I've never met anyone in this community that doesn't speak very, very highly of Q the person. I feel really bad about this, but something is clearly broken.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I live in right in downtown Syracuse and am part owner of a restaurant here. Being a lifetime upstate NY'er, I grew up a fan of Syracuse everything. Obviously not to the extent of my UCONN fandom, but I digress. Anyway, I've never met anyone in this community that doesn't speak very, very highly of Q the person. I feel really bad about this, but something is clearly broken.
What restaurant? You can PM if you prefer.

Reaction Score
The cuse have had some stellar players, that being said they seem to play with a little chip on their shoulder especially when they face UConn. They remind me of rutgers lite. his game plan is always the same and only works if they hit a high percentage of their shots and get alot of stray rebounds for second and third shots. Not gonna happen against team like South Carolina, Uconn,etc. etc. etc.

Reaction Score
12 years right? Not much to show for it.
Isn’t his team regularly ranked? Not everyone judges success the same as UConn, Baylor, and Stanford. In fact, very few can. Seems to me he has done a pretty good job there. His recruiting had become quite good and he was getting better quality players. However, something has clearly compromised that. I hope two things. One, I hope nothing bad has happened there that is causing this exodus, and two, I hope this is not somehow connected to the reported suspension of some of his players, as in some sort of vengeful attempt to get back at him for that. Having said that, I truly believe that the NCAA is going to regret this transfer decision. I do not like where this is headed and I am afraid it is not going to be good for the game.

Reaction Score
I had never heard anything bad about him either, just the contrary.

That's not true at all... he has done a more than commendable job at the helm. You know not what you speak

Reaction Score
SU played in the National Championship game in 2016. Unfortunately for them ,they had to play UConn. If they had played a coach that didn’t know how to game plan them so well, they might have won. Sounds like something to me.
ok. I take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69