Who's your list for next HC? | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
I think the story with Lembo was he was so confident he was getting the UConn job he started putting a staff together. I wonder if that soured the rest of his time at Ball State.

Reaction Score
I apologize for my snarky tone, but I believe it was the "turn around and go to D2" that set me off. Football isn't going away. We just have to get it right. The "just drop it" stuff doesn't help the program or the school.

Fair enough!

Reaction Score
Lots of posts about age of coaches which I find somewhat amusing-given our current PC society not sure age of coach can be used in decision making process. Full disclosure- I am North of 50
Any aggressive young coach that gets hired will not stay long if program even has a sniff of success

Get a solid, football savvy coach who has been around the block once or twice and can build something from nothing.
That is what I’m suggesting. That is exactly what happened with Ohio and Central Michigan. I just dont know 2ho is out there right now. But an up and comer who leaves after 3 years with some success we could live with too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Are you on the board that chooses who we end up hiring? Seriously speaking (just wondering)

I would hope no one who is tasked with identifying and hiring next coach spends zero time on BY.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
TJ Weist for the win.
Pass. I think we need a little more in a head coach than three wins this time around. After a run of Pasqualone, Diaco, and FUCHRE2 we really can’t get this one wrong.

Reaction Score
Good coach he would probably still be here...

Yup. In many ways Lembo was/is the complete opposite of Diaco. Diaco was the good looking car salesman, Lembo the nerdy Georgetown intellectual, Lembo is a special teams guru (considered one of the best special teams coaches in the country) Diaco had no interest in special teams because he's a clown.

Ball State was great in 2013 and Lembo was a hot name just like Clawson at Bowling Green. Why Warde picked Diaco is beyond my comprehension.

I am no longer sure a currently successful MAC coach would take the UCONN job, it's probably viewed as a risky lateral move now, not a step up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting how Diaco really wasn't on the radar in the forums or mentioned beyond one post on that thread until a Notre Dame fan pointed out that they were hearing it was likely.

Reaction Score
Wasn't wake's clawson one of the options when UConn hired Diaco?

I believe he chose Wake before we could even pitch him...but hard not to think what might have been if he came to Storrs.

Nice dismantling of UVA on the road tonight.
Now that is some serious coaching/recruiting. Watched some of the game and thought "how can Wake have a team as good as this?".

Reaction Score
Now that is some serious coaching/recruiting. Watched some of the game and thought "how can Wake have a team as good as this?".
It has been fun watching the Wake program develop under Clawson. They have come a long way.

Reaction Score
Same way we could have a team in our current (unfortunate) state.

Reaction Score
Blast from the past from 8 years ago…

Clawson was my choice. That dude could coach. Wonder if we'd consider Lembo.

Reaction Score
Yup. In many ways Lembo was/is the complete opposite of Diaco. Diaco was the good looking car salesman, Lembo the nerdy Georgetown intellectual, Lembo is a special teams guru (considered one of the best special teams coaches in the country) Diaco had no interest in special teams because he's a clown.

Ball State was great in 2013 and Lembo was a hot name just like Clawson at Bowling Green. Why Warde picked Diaco is beyond my comprehension.

I am no longer sure a currently successful MAC coach would take the UCONN job, it's probably viewed as a risky lateral move now, not a step up.
For a pay raise. We have nice facilities, good schedules and the CBS deal. What we haven't had is success and that could scare some guys off. The recruiting grounds stuff is overrated. Boise and Wyoming are not in hotbeds of talent either. The right head coach overcomes that like swatting a fly.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Blast from the past from 8 years ago…

Wow...this board was much more civil back then. Even Jimmy seemed nice...lol. It's amazing what 8 years if sucking will do to the morale of a fan base.

Reaction Score
Well Warde was a football guy. Our president, the lacrosse fan, told us that. My Michigan friend says they won’t fire the football coach because they are afraid of who Warde will hire to replace him.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wow...this board was much more civil back then. Even Jimmy seemed nice...lol. It's amazing what 8 years if sucking will do to the morale of a fan base.
Coming off one bad coaching hire things don’t seem quite so desperate. Yeah the AD made a mistake, but we will fix it with the next hire. Coming off three bad coaching hires it kind of seems like it’s our last shot to get things right.

Reaction Score
Tony Reno wouldn"t be a bad choice no idea on his salary..
I doubt either the Yale or Harvard or Princeton football coach would leave their cushy not so challenging jobs. If they come to UConn, and start to lose, they would likely lose their jobs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom