Who's your list for next HC? | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
After yesterday’s game I’ve changed my mind.

No successful OC/DC will come here looking to prove themselves. It’s an absolute dumpster fire, you can go to any school in the country and have a higher chance at winning. Why the hell would Morehead or Lashlee or anyone relevant come to UConn? Even a 5 year $20/mil contract isn’t worth destroying your resume.

You need to hire someone that needs desperately a rebound. Coaches with good careers will laugh at us.
I think any coach who watched yesterday’s game is thinking they have their starting QB for the next 3 seasons set and a slew of talented young skills players.

The next coach has to be a stepping stone guy. Can’t be afraid him only being here for 2 or 3 years. If he sets us up you can bring in an even better coach for the next hire

Reaction Score
Turn around has to happen quick with the upcoming conference re-alignments. Football team needs to be at least not bad.

Reaction Score
I like Spanos..great guy. But he can’t be in consideration for head job. His defense has been atrocious.

Reaction Score
After yesterday’s game I’ve changed my mind.

No successful OC/DC will come here looking to prove themselves. It’s an absolute dumpster fire, you can go to any school in the country and have a higher chance at winning. Why the hell would Morehead or Lashlee or anyone relevant come to UConn? Even a 5 year $20/mil contract isn’t worth destroying your resume.

You need to hire someone that needs desperately a rebound. Coaches with good careers will laugh at us.
So tired of hearing about Lashlee his Miami offensive hasn’t isn even averaging 20 points per game this year.

Reaction Score
So tired of hearing about Lashlee his Miami offensive hasn’t isn even averaging 20 points per game this year.
With South Florida Football Talent no less. This board romanticizes former coaches in a bizarre way. Dude wasn't all that great at Uconn, he just wasn't unknown former OL Coach calling plays bad. There's way better out there guys. The MAC routinely finds them and CUSA and The Sunbelt do as well.

Reaction Score
With South Florida Football Talent no less. This board romanticizes former coaches in a bizarre way. Dude wasn't all that great at Uconn, he just wasn't unknown former OL Coach calling plays bad. There's way better out there guys. The MAC routinely finds them and CUSA and The Sunbelt do

Lashlee did a solid job here and at SMU. The season is still young, maybe Miami's QB stinks. They go up against Central CT next week.

The biggest knock against Lashlee is that he left here saying he didn't like living in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Tinfoil hat....Jacksonville is horrible, Urban Meyer gets fired. Becomes New head coach

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think any coach who watched yesterday’s game is thinking they have their starting QB for the next 3 seasons set and a slew of talented young skills players.

The next coach has to be a stepping stone guy. Can’t be afraid him only being here for 2 or 3 years. If he sets us up you can bring in an even better coach for the next hire

IDK about next three seasons but definitely this season and next. Would really love for Tyler Phommachanh to be one of those with one more growth spurt in their late teens. Get him close to a legit 6' and 200 lbs.

Going with Tyler Phommachanh has been Spanos' best move since becoming HC. Once Steven Krajewski was down with an injury the easy thing would be to go back to Jack Zergiotis and hope you, as a coach, could find ways to make him work in your system. It takes some huevos to keep him on the bench and go with the new kid but that was the right call.

I"m not advocating for Spanos but I am saying it was refreshing as a fan of the program to have an HC who seems willing to listen, delegage and learn from his assistants vice a top down information flow with the HC always being right and everyone else failing to execute.

Reaction Score
I’m amazed with some of the bigger assistants names being thrown around. This is not a stepping stone it’s a rock in a stream that will turn and drop you in the
Water. Please head backwards get out of D1 immediately this is an embarrassment no coach who has a future will consider if he’s not on major drugs.

Reaction Score
I’m amazed with some of the bigger assistants names being thrown around. This is not a stepping stone it’s a rock in a stream that will turn and drop you in the
Water. Please head backwards get out of D1 immediately this is an embarrassment no coach who has a future will consider if he’s not on major drugs.

Okay guess I knew the dislikes would fly although could care less. But wouldn’t you enjoy your football team competing with likes of James Madison, Richmond, Villanova rather than chasing the now impossible dream? Bring back the annual UConn/Yale game please at the Yale Bowl.

Reaction Score
Kind of a stupid post. Years ago one of my friends ( a UConn Graduate) told me UConn had to get out of the big east. We couldn’t compete and we were a national embarrassment. I told him to trust in our new coach named Jim Calhoun and I really believed he could turn around the program. The rest my dolt friend is history.

Reaction Score
Mike Elko, Texas A&M DC seems like a pipe dream but would be an A+ hire. Originally from New Jersey, fairly young guy. Doubt he leaves that situation unless he's offered a P5 HC job though

Reaction Score
Kind of a stupid post. Years ago one of my friends ( a UConn Graduate) told me UConn had to get out of the big east. We couldn’t compete and we were a national embarrassment. I told him to trust in our new coach named Jim Calhoun and I really believed he could turn around the program. The rest my dolt friend is history.
UConn football does not have the best conference in the country to use as a recruiting tool. Awful comparison.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Whoever it is needs to be someone who believes in the idea of UConn as a sleeping giant. We have the facilities, we have a national brand (even if it's mostly tied to basketball), and everyone loves a good underdog story. If UConn can start winning some football games, people will notice. UConn in a bowl game in a few years against a power conference team? People would pull for us. The potential is there. Just gotta start somewhere and keep building the momentum.

Reaction Score
This thread has helped weed a number of useless posters from my tl.
Much appreciated.

original_362635153.gif

Reaction Score

Yeah you want to know who the dolt is here big mouth it’s you. Comparing Jim Calhoun to anything that has happened with the football program is moronic at best. But continue on Slick you’re very entertaining.

Reaction Score
UConn football does not have the best conference in the country to use as a recruiting tool. Awful comparison.
No but his point still stands that if u can find the right guy to take the job this team can see success again. Not nearly to the level Calhoun achieved (obviously) but with a competent coaching staff coupled with flexible scheduling capabilities the program has a brighter outlook than all the negativity created by you “fans” and the media suggests.

Reaction Score
Mike Elko, Texas A&M DC seems like a pipe dream but would be an A+ hire. Originally from New Jersey, fairly young guy. Doubt he leaves that situation unless he's offered a P5 HC job though
I agree, he would be a great hire, but he currently makes $1.8 mill. per year at Texas A&M. Maybe he would be interested with a slight raise to get his first head coaching job.

Reaction Score
No but his point still stands that if u can find the right guy to take the job this team can see success again. Not nearly to the level Calhoun achieved (obviously) but with a competent coaching staff coupled with flexible scheduling capabilities the program has a brighter outlook than all the negativity created by you “fans” and the media suggests.
What is your definition of success? Beating Holy Cross and Yale ?

Reaction Score
for spanos to get even a consideration he’d have to win the remaining games on the schedule with the exception of the 2 unwinable games. Otherwise he should be told thank you for your service.

You can’t be in consideration for HC when your primary responsibility is DC and you don’t prepare your team for the option. That’s an immediate disqualification. Even if our player were slower, they should have been in the right spots..LBs should have taken the proper angles… etc etc.

The triple option makes a lot of defensive coordinators look bad. Air Force put up 45 this week against a good Utah State team.

and BTW if we go 5-3 down the stretch Spanos would be in the discussion for coach of the year. Heck if we win this week there will be fans storming the field.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He made a valid point, a great hire can change everything.

He made a point I agree, great not really. But he didn’t agree with me so my post is stupid and I’m a dolt? So overall he didn’t make a valid point. But i hope they find a great hire just not sure now being an independent and not winning for so long. Hope I’m wrong I do but rough road ahead for whomever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom