Who will win the "conference challenges"? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will win the "conference challenges"?

Who will win the "conference challenges"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Purdue is very good..But

FSU was missing their starting point guard (at brother's funeral...leukemia). missing their starting center (ankle) and backup center (strain)...

Playing without those two seven footers and the point guard against maybe the best team in the B1G was too much.

Wrong forum :confused:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
BC and ND give the ACC a 6-2 lead in the Challenge. I thought the B1G was supposed to be hands down the best conference this year?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
BC and ND give the ACC a 6-2 lead in the Challenge. I thought the B1G was supposed to be hands down the best conference this year?
Well, we should take into account Virginia, conveniently benched by the ACC in the challenge, who are so godawful bad they're really like the equivalent of two or three losses :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, we should take into account Virginia, conveniently benched by the ACC in the challenge, who are so godawful bad they're really like the equivalent of two or three losses :rolleyes:
Virginia is thumping William & Mary, they're on the rebound!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida St. makes it 9-2. Ouch for the B1G.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like Maryland and Northwestern will make it 9-4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Think it's safe to call the final tally 10-4 in favor of the ACC. So much for the best conference in WCBB this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Think it's safe to call the final tally 10-4 in favor of the ACC. So much for the best conference in WCBB this year.
Well, at least the Big Ten didn't lose to a bunch of mid-majors tonight like the Pac-12's been doing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, at least the Big Ten didn't lose to a bunch of mid-majors tonight like the Pac-12's been doing.
Ouch. USC looking to add to it. Went from up 6 or 7 to down 7 in a hurry. Trailing by 4 at the half.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ouch. USC looking to add to it. Went from up 6 or 7 to down 7 in a hurry. Trailing by 4 at the half.
Eh, I think it's easy to read too much into wins and losses this early in the season. Even the conference challenges -- I've seen them go every which way and the correlation between the results and actual conference strength seems loose. A few years ago I recall that the Big 12 beat the SEC soundly, something like 8-2 or 7-3, despite the fact that the Big 12 was by no means a strong conference that year.

The Pac-12 has some teams struggling with either injuries (Oregon, UCLA) or just young rosters that are far from their season ceiling. It'll all rise to the top over the next few months.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
10-4 ACC

264.gif

I predicted 11-3.... but was way off on which teams would win... Thanks Wake Forest :mad:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Eh, I think it's easy to read too much into wins and losses this early in the season. Even the conference challenges -- I've seen them go every which way and the correlation between the results and actual conference strength seems loose. A few years ago I recall that the Big 12 beat the SEC soundly, something like 8-2 or 7-3, despite the fact that the Big 12 was by no means a strong conference that year.

The Pac-12 has some teams struggling with either injuries (Oregon, UCLA) or just young rosters that are far from their season ceiling. It'll all rise to the top over the next few months.
March is obviously more important than Nov/Dec, but these games still have impacts on seeding down the road.

Reaction Score
End of 3 and Iowa warming up only slightly. Clark 1-10 from 3
As great a player as Clark is...I found her shot selection DISTURBING. I don't care who you are...shot selection matters. If you're not making 3s (1 of 13!)...at some point, PRIOR to missing 90% of them...find another shot. She did at the end of the game after it was too late. Duke....(Day Wilson) put it on them. Then Syracuse beats Ohio State...and I'm thinking...with all their departures a probable sweet 16 team was dismantled.

Reaction Score
The teams that impressed me from Thursday evenings games are:
1. Louisville, that defense is fantastic
2. Duke, impressed because they played great team ball and that freshman guard is flat out a stud. Like Taylor too.
3. Both NC State and Indiana (both have played a lot of challenging opponents in pre season)
4. LSU, Mulkey's team plays with heart, and guts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom