Reaction Score
Who Starts Until Dorka Returns?

Caroline
Amari
Inês
Ayanna

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I chose Caroline but with the stipulation she can actually play, and with her condition it may be game to game whether or not she can go.

Reaction Score
Caroline! you need someone that can score to take the pressure off the others. Hopefully she gets back on track. Ayanna will be good off the bench for bds but just not a scorer this year

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Caroline, but if she isn't effective, then Geno would most likely put in Ayanna. With it being Princeton I see Geno also using both Amari and Ines a little bit more than usual just to give the other player some rest.

Reaction Score
I would put Amari in so we can have Caroline available to close out the game. Hope Cariline’s health continues to improve.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Let's see, we are being questioned on who is going to start in place of our injured top scorer and Ines and Amari are "choices"...hmm
Personally I think that Nika will step up and throw even more dimes to Lou, Aaliyah, Aubrey and Ayanna. Oh, and to Caroline.

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno can look for walk-ons or hit the portal which is open for 9 more days. I wonder if there's a minimum number of players the team has to maintain before it has to forfeit?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
lkdqQA.gif

Reaction Score
To me it’s Caroline. The issue with starting Ayanna is that Griffin has to play on the perimeter in that scenario. Last game showed that’s not the best recipe for success.

I actually think starting could help Caroline with game flow. It’s all a big what if, but we know the skills are in her somewhere.

We are really thin at guard, with only 4 guards available. Will Innes be called on for 10 mpg?

Dorka coming back will be huge, because her ability to shoot can allow Aubrey to spell some minutes on the wing.

Reaction Score
I wonder if there's a minimum number of players the team has to maintain before it has to forfeit?
If I recall correctly, in the Covid season it was 7. Not sure if that's still the case.

Reaction Score
Until Dorka returns Caroline looks like the best bet. Regardless Ayanna becomes the preferred backup for every player taken out except maybe Nika. That means substitutions are a managing minutes scenario. The first player sitting probably has to come out before they are tired. The second substitution has to wait until the first player benched is ready to go back in, and the third player out, might be gassed before they come out, because they have to wait for the second benched player to be rested enough to go back in for them etc.

A 6 player rotation is exceptionally restrictive and inefficient. One possibility is a 7 player rotation with Ines only coming in to give Nika a blow, and Ayanna coming in for the other 4. Still Ayanna would have to play the 5 if she subs for Aaliyah, would stay at the 4 for Aubrey, Aubrey would move to the 3 if for Caroline, and if for Lou, Caroline would move to the 2 and Aubrey to the 3.

Then an approach playing Amari and Ines at least some minutes in a rotation of 8, with Ayanna still plenty of minutes, is a thought as well. Maybe it is time to see what they can do. It's not like we have any good choices. Dorka coming back can't be soon enough.

Reaction Score
Who Starts Until Dorka Returns?

Caroline
Amari
Inês
Ayanna
Caroline was my final choice, more experience.
Ayanna was my first choice, she's not doing bad and this early experience will pay off in March. Ines, is a bit more comfortable as a PG and shooter, after some game time, but not yet a starter.
DeBerry has been trashed and talked and divided into pieces

Reaction Score
Too late to sign Ashley Ducharme?

(Yes I'm kidding)

Reaction Score
I chose Ayanna. A star is born. Let CD come of the bench to bring the spark
This is exactly how Caroline won us all over last season. It could be the making of Ayanna

Reaction Score
We need Caroline to find her game again and as or more importantly she needs it! Barring physical limitations ( which I hope are behind her) she has shown what she can do for this team and game by game she needs to make her way back there. If she does we are a much better team because she can make a difference on both ends of the court. Ayanna will definitely get her minutes but the importance of getting Caroline back in the swing of things makes me lean towards giving her as much time as she can handle with both Dorka and Azzi out.

Reaction Score
I don't think Caroline is ready to play heavy minutes. I voted for Superhuman, aka Ayanna.
Regardless of who the new starter would be, Caroline and Ayanna are both going to get heavy minutes out of necessity IMO, whether they are ready or not. Whichever player starts will likely get well over 30 minutes, quite possibly near 35, and the one that comes off the bench will be the main substitute with probably over 20, maybe as many as 25 minutes.

The only way to keep starters from being overworked, and the 6th player in less than half the game would be giving minutes to Ines and Amari. That might happen, but there is no way to play Caroline 10 or 12 minutes, without giving as many minutes to Ines or Amari.

We better get a lead before the 4th quarter, because several of our players will play far more minutes than they should. Last year during the worst of the injury crisis, we clearly ran out of gas in the 4th quarter in a game or two, when several players were pushing 40 minutes. I'm not sure Geno would do it, but I think I would rather take a chance on 5-10 minutes from Ines and Amari than see Nika, Lou, and Aaliyah play 40 minutes, maybe get them closer to 35.

Reaction Score
Wally Pipp........................been riding the pines for a long, long, long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom