Who remembers this moment ? | The Boneyard

Who remembers this moment ?

Reaction Score
I believe that during a game with Rutgers the game had to be paused for a leaking roof. We were in the same row as Svet’s mom. We told her (through a student translator “How much we loved her daughter “) and the translator said how the family loved UCONN and the USA.

Reaction Score
I think everyone on the boneyard remembers this. Those were the days when the fans showed up and weren't complacent. We're getting back to that again since we haven't had a championship in a while.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
My all-time favorite player at UConn. As a 17 year old, coming to the USA not long after the fall of the Soviet Union. I first saw her at First Night (wasn't called that back then), and when I got home I called my friend and told him, "There's a new shining star at UConn, and her name is Svetlana Abrosimova". She was the first European to challenge Genos coaching style, and one of my favorite lines from her to him was, "I didn't come 3000 miles to pass the ball". His mom was a huge fan of hers and she would get on Geno to stop yelling at her. (I read that of course at the time). As I said, my all-time favorite Husky.

Reaction Score
Once and maybe the only time Geno was miked up for a game he made the comment after Svet did something he didn’t like , he said “Those damn Europeans”.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My all-time favorite player at UConn. As a 17 year old, coming to the USA not long after the fall of the Soviet Union. I first saw her at First Night (wasn't called that back then), and when I got home I called my friend and told him, "There's a new shining star at UConn, and her name is Svetlana Abrosimova". She was the first European to challenge Genos coaching style, and one of my favorite lines from her to him was, "I didn't come 3000 miles to pass the ball". His mom was a huge fan of hers and she would get on Geno to stop yelling at her. (I read that of course at the time). As I said, my all-time favorite Husky.
Still ended up with 473 assists. Probably would have ended up in the top 10 at UCONN if she hadn't gotten hurt her Sr year. 3 time All-American. Tier 1 in my book for UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom