Who might be interested in UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who might be interested in UCONN

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If the “right” person comes along, then any of the job posting qualifications will simplify be waved to hire her.
Not really. Keep in mind this is a CT state position. The listed "Minimum Qualifications" must be met by the chosen person. If no candidate emerges meeting he minimum qualifications the qualification is not waived, a new job posting will be required.

Reaction Score
Maybe Autumn goes from walk-on player to walk-on assistant coach.
Nice thought but I believe that Autumn has sky high personal goals for her future that eclipse coaching.
Even Geno stated that she might be CEO of a Fortune 500 company someday.
Not that coaching is chopped liver, but I have a feeling she’s set her sights much higher.

Reaction Score
Not really. Keep in mind this is a CT state position. The listed "Minimum Qualifications" must be met by the chosen person. If no candidate emerges meeting he minimum qualifications the qualification is not waived, a new job posting will be required.
New job requirements: knows basketball, has played basketball before :p .

Reaction Score
Coach K at Duke is a good model to follow. John Wooden as well.
I think we have to think about this job as a serious career stepping stone. Cases in point- Ralph and Moseley.
I don't think people should focus on the idea of a Geno successor as having anything to do with anything. It may never happen anyway. First coach to 2000 career wins.
Coach K coaching tree: Johnny Dawkins, Tommy Amaker, Chris Collins, Steve Wojciechowski, Mike Brey, Quinn Snyder. You know anymore? Obviously, almost all are former Duke players. Exception- Mike Brey. Brey played at GW and cut his teeth as Morgan Wooten's assistant at DeMatha.
I would anticipate similar quality in the hire for UConn's assistant position.

Reaction Score
Wanna Bet??

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I would prefer one that is outside the UConn family. There is alot of coaching talent out there, and Geno and CD know them all from recruiting. The question is, what teams out there has the same playing philosophy as UConn? As a power 5 school, I know UCLA does, but frankly I haven't been looking at this possibility. How are their assistants? Another that I have not seen mentioned is the head coach at Quinnipiac. Can't remember her name, but she is intense like Shea and Geno and seems to know her stuff.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno hires within the family, qualifications be damned. Meg Culmo, Rebecca, Maya, Stacy Hansmeyer.............and whose to say it has to be a woman?
Did you miss Kara Wolters, or did you leave her out intentionally?

Reaction Score
I am assuming Geno is looking to hire a guard coach. Kara would have to coach on her knees.
Roger that, Rocky. However, he did hire Jaz when Shea was coaching the guards. Go figure! And speaking of Jaz, if her departure was under good terms, her sister Cinnamon has been making a name for herself as an assistant.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter anyway since she doesn't qualify...
Almost no one else in this universe qualifies either, whoever gets the nod will likely not meet all the criteria.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sure. I'm willing to bet that what @Alydar and I have both already told you is correct.
Coco
Are you insinuating that the entire state application process is a sham?

You decide whom you want and tailor the application so that it narrowly fits
the one individual whom you want to hire?
Fitting as well, a small additional cast that is unlikely to apply or
clearly unsuitable?

I wonder what the requirements were when Jazz was hired...
Anyone recall?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Coco
Are you insinuating that the entire state application process is a sham?

You decide whom you want and tailor the application so that it narrowly fits
the one individual whom you want to hire?
Fitting as well, a small additional cast that is unlikely to apply or
clearly unsuitable?

I wonder what the requirements were when Jazz was hired...
Anyone recall?

God bless the search function!

Here's the job posting which will be removed April 18 at 11:59 pm. We could see an announcement as soon as Thursday.

Recruiting Solutions Sign-in

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor’s degree; three years of experience working within a women’s collegiate Division 1 basketball program; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Master’s degree in Sports Management or related field; former playing experience at both the collegiate and professional (WNBA) levels; experience developing skills of guards; coaching experience in the Northeast; and participated in and coordinated community service activities for student-athletes.

Reaction Score
I would look for someone proven to lift guard play AND has recruiting influence into a competitor's stronghold. I was thinking about the impact Shay would have on Tennessee in-state recruiting now that she is in their backyard. Who has a reputation for recruiting south and west of Maryland. I say west because Waltz and Ivey need to be challenged and consistently. Play the long game with this hire.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wasn't it because Doug Bruno approved highly of her? :rolleyes:
She was a grad assistant here before going to DePaul. She was already known.

Yes, yes, I know that...
but what did the (state mandated ?) job posting look like...
I could imagine one totally inappropriate for this board. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom