Who might be interested in UCONN | The Boneyard

Who might be interested in UCONN

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. The only negative is that in this world of social media, they may want someone younger and more in touch with the young recruits. I’m not saying Jen is old but someone Jasmine or Marissa’s age would be better for recruiting, not for coaching. Coaching wise, I would want Jen.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Shea's vacated position might be dependent on how Jamelle's role is situated with the staff. If she plans to stay long term and build a resume like Shea and Tonya, then it might benefit Geno to bring on a less experienced assistant. My gut is it will be someone a bit surprising, just like Marissa.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. The only negative is that in this world of social media, they may want someone younger and more in touch with the young recruits. I’m not saying Jen is old but someone Jasmine or Marissa’s age would be better for recruiting, not for coaching. Coaching wise, I would want Jen.
46-Jen
38 Marisa is that enough age gap to coo ok nectar with the young
Jasmine is 28

Reaction Score
Unless Geno is looking for a lot of experience to replace Shea, and if he is looking for someone younger but with Uconn experience, talk to Morgan Tuck to see if she is interested in coaching. A professional through and through with "rings" at both the college and professional level and young enough to relate to the young players/recruits. I don't think you need someone who has played the guard position to fill Shea's role. Just look at all the successful position coaches in the NFL, a lot of them did not even play at the NFL level and/or the position they are coaching.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned Kristy Toliver, I would love that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know of a former P5 coach who might be looking for work, Conference coach of the year at three schools.... ties to the New England area.

Reaction Score
You could do better is what you're saying. The coach before Jen was fired, Jonathan Tsipis, was fired from Wisconsin, where Marisa is now the coach. His record: 50-99 overall and 16-74 in the Big Ten. He got lucky because he had Jonquel Jones for 4 years.

Reaction Score
The official job post eliminates ALMOST everyone.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree
  2. five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program
  3. coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences
  4. working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations
  5. strong commitment to the academic goals of the University
  6. excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Division I head coaching experience
  2. coaching experience on team(s) that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA D I WBB Championship
  3. demonstrated experience coaching players who have achieved conference and/or national honors
  4. former playing experience at the Division I collegiate level

Reaction Score
I would like to toss Jackie Styles name into the mix. She was a premier guard and assistant to Kelly Harper and Sherri Coale. I believe she has the background experience.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I know of a former P5 coach who might be looking for work, Conference coach of the year at three schools.... ties to the New England area.
You crack me up!!!!! Does this coach come from my neck of the woods?;);)

Reaction Score
Why is everyone saying Rizzotti? Cause she is a former player... after seeing her GW gig... I would say no thanks to that.
It doesn't matter anyway since she doesn't qualify...

Reaction Score
I like Maya except, except ...no P-5, no coach experience,

Reaction Score
Maybe Jen Rizzotti? Does Geno or Jen make the call?
I wonder if Geno hires within the family, qualifications be damned. Meg Culmo, Rebecca, Maya, Stacy Hansmeyer.............and whose to say it has to be a woman?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom