Who might be interested in UCONN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who might be interested in UCONN

Reaction Score
Coco
Are you insinuating that the entire state application process is a sham?

You decide whom you want and tailor the application so that it narrowly fits
the one individual whom you want to hire?
Fitting as well, a small additional cast that is unlikely to apply or
clearly unsuitable?

I wonder what the requirements were when Jazz was hired...
Anyone recall?

Not a sham. A charade. I'm not sure if UConn falls under the rules of the Dept of Admin. Services or if they have their own rules but there would be little variation. The application process isn't violated but no manager wants to be constricted in their hiring and over the years many ways around those rules have been developed. The head of state personnel once testified in a sworn hearing that he could take a person off the street and give them a 30 year career with several promotions without them having ever having taken an exam or even been a permanent employee*.

* A permanent employee is one who has met the minimum qualifications and passed an exam and given a permanent position, as opposed to a temporary employee or a provisional employee**

** A provisional employee is hired when there is an immediate need to hire and there is no current hiring list. They can stay in the position until the job is posted and then must pass the exam to stay. But, if they choose, the state can keeping reclassifying an employee from temp to provisional and back to temp. indefinitely. Some patronage hires are handled this way.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Coco
Are you insinuating that the entire state application process is a sham?

You decide whom you want and tailor the application so that it narrowly fits
the one individual whom you want to hire?
Fitting as well, a small additional cast that is unlikely to apply or
clearly unsuitable?

I wonder what the requirements were when Jazz was hired...
Anyone recall?
No the entire state process is not a sham. However in certain situations like this one it may very well be just that. We will soon know for sure. My guess is that 10 minutes after the new coach is introduced the BY will be abuzz comparing the coaches credentials with the posting. I want Geno to get the coach of his choice, even though almost all here see the posting for what it really is.

Reaction Score
When Marisa got the job , 4 or 5 UCONN ex-players called Geno and recommended her.
That may be happening now!

Reaction Score
Bottom line Geno will hire the best person for the job. With or without those qualifications.

Reaction Score
The official job post eliminates ALMOST everyone.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Bachelor’s degree
  2. five years of coaching experience working within a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program
  3. coaching experience at two or more universities that are members of Power 5 conferences
  4. working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations
  5. strong commitment to the academic goals of the University
  6. excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
  1. Division I head coaching experience
  2. coaching experience on team(s) that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA D I WBB Championship
  3. demonstrated experience coaching players who have achieved conference and/or national honors
  4. former playing experience at the Division I collegiate level
Sounds like it was written to fit a specific candidate. They might already have somebody in mind and are just completing the job posting requirements.

Reaction Score
Sounds like it was written to fit a specific candidate. They might already have somebody in mind and are just completing the job posting requirements.
There is a specific candidate in mind.

For anyone to believe there is no specific candidate in mind it can only be because they haven't carefully read the qualifications required:
-5 years D-1 coaching (normal boiler plate)
-at two or more P5 schools (why is more than one so important, except to eliminate a % of the candidate pool?)

And qualifications preferred:
-D1 head coaching experience (odd qualification for an assistant coach, or a sign Geno knows who he wants to succeed him?)
-coaching experience on teams that have advanced to at least the regional round of the NCAA tournament (further restricts the pool?)
-experience coaching players that have achieved conference or national honors (further restricts the pool?)
-former playing experience at D1 (normal boiler plate)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom