Who is going to Houston? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score

This is the best deal I have seen for a downtown Houston hotel. It is $299/night on Priceline and you can cancel up until 3/31 if something better comes up. King beds only though. It is rated 4.6 / 5 on Google reviews. Previous posts state that most of the activity is in the downtown area outside of the games.

Best Western Plus Downtown Inn And Suites

3-STAR HOTEL

915 West Dallas St, Houston, TX
Thanks for the tip. This looks like a solid reasonable option near the downtown area. Ended up going with this and a red eye out of LaGuardia.

Reaction Score
All sessions (semis and finals) now $125 a ticket which includes the fees for the upper corner. That’s nuts. I’m holding out for something lower lever but that seems crazy low to me.

Attachments

• B8D4F8DD-C069-4BE0-BB01-7244BAE220C2.jpeg
    B8D4F8DD-C069-4BE0-BB01-7244BAE220C2.jpeg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 69
Reaction Score
Anyone have any parking recommendations for Logan?
I always do Terminal Parking, it’s not the cheapest option but significantly easier and more reliable than any other ones.

Will be parking there Friday for my flight out.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the tip. This looks like a solid reasonable option near the downtown area. Ended up going with this and a red eye out of LaGuardia.

For anyone still looking for a hotel...The Best Western Plus Downtown Inn and Suites has been fluctuating on Priceline from $170 - $350 per night and is 0.50 miles away from the Uconn Hotel The Magnolia. It doesn't look like anything fancy but has some good reviews and a free breakfast. It is within walking distance to the MetroRail to take to NRG stadium

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Ah I too was in the Garden when Kemba took down Iowa St in 2014.
I lost my voice at that Sweet 16 game . I think the game may have been tougher with Niang healthy., but it worked for us.

Reaction Score
It will be much better- we did the same. Very excited!

Reaction Score
Anyone have any parking recommendations for Logan?
Which airline/terminal are you flying out of? I hate the off airport parking options at Logan. They're just too far away and not convenient. I always just suck it up and park in Central Parking and pay the $37/day. There are skywalks from there to all the terminals. Terminal B is the only one that has its own parking and it's very close to the terminal.

Reaction Score
All sessions (semis and finals) now $125 a ticket which includes the fees for the upper corner. That’s nuts. I’m holding out for something lower lever but that seems crazy low to me.
I read an article that once Houston and Texas lost secondary ticket prices plummeted. Don't think FAU and San Diego St. have big fan bases so this could be one of the cheapest Final Four tickets in a long time.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Which airline/terminal are you flying out of? I hate the off airport parking options at Logan. They're just too far away and not convenient. I always just suck it up and park in Central Parking and pay the $37/day. There are skywalks from there to all the terminals. Terminal B is the only one that has its own parking and it's very close to the terminal.
I booked the Economy lot. Thanks

Reaction Score
I read an article that once Houston and Texas lost secondary ticket prices plummeted. Don't think FAU and San Diego St. have big fan bases so this could be one of the cheapest Final Four tickets in a long time.
Geographically, I think San Diego State is the closest to Houston and has the largest enrollment, so I'd expect them to have the most fans. I hope I'm wrong and UConn represents. I think if we win and SDSU loses, a lot of tickets for the championship game will open up.

Reaction Score
Geographically, I think San Diego State is the closest to Houston and has the largest enrollment, so I'd expect them to have the most fans. I hope I'm wrong and UConn represents. I think if we win and SDSU loses, a lot of tickets for the championship game will open up.
Actually the Florida schools are closest, Texas is a big state. Here are approximate distances from Google maps shortest to longest.

FAU 1150
Miami 1200
SDSU 1465
UConn 1800

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else has heard the same, but Uconn Ticket Office indicated tickets wont be sent out until Friday night/Saturday
Has anyone heard more about seat assignments? The tickets in my account now say General Admission with a note that they’ll turn into actual tickets 48 hours before the game, so sort of assumed that’s when we’d be able to see where we are sitting.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard more about seat assignments? The tickets in my account now say General Admission with a note that they’ll turn into actual tickets 48 hours before the game, so sort of assumed that’s when we’d be able to see where we are sitting.
I don’t 100% know but basing off how they handled Vegas and the Big East Tournament they won’t be delivered until Thursday or Friday night.

Reaction Score
Wow, pregame is already sold out. I guess that’s good!
There are a lot of people who are doing their best to support UConn by coming to Houston. They should find a way to expand availability for this event. It is not like this has happened a lot in the last 9 years. Make some calls and maybe more of us can attend.

Reaction Score
Lower level baseline tickets are in the $130-140s for the Final Game. sideline tickets haven't really dropped in value

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Anybody have thoughts on places to eat/drink Thursday night in Houston?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom