Where is the NCAA rule that says you can't have two teams? | The Boneyard

Where is the NCAA rule that says you can't have two teams?

Reaction Score
I am saying this in jest, but the thought came to mind.
Next year, with 15 good players, UCONN could field a Div I team of nine and a Div III team of 6 and probably win two championships.
Is this disallowed by NCAA regulations or is it so absurd that nobody thought to preclude it ? ?
Confused Dogs GIF by moodman

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just think of the dilemma that would create for the BY. Which team to root for? But if it comes to that, I choose Paige for my team, and I’ll give you the next 5 players. ?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Next year, with 15 good players, UCONN could field a Div I team of nine and a Div III team of 6 and probably win two championships.
Is this disallowed by NCAA regulations or is it so absurd that nobody thought to preclude it ? ?
Well I'll give you credit, you didn't advocate 2 Div I teams. Basically a Varsity and JV team. Which.... would be kind of fun to watch. :)

Reaction Score
I realize this is all in jest but I would bet any money those 6 players would be offended knowing they committed to UConn but will be going down to Div III?

Reaction Score
I realize this is all in jest but I would bet any money those 6 players would be offended knowing they committed to UConn but will be going down to Div III?
AH........but where is the rukle that says you can't switch from one team to the other and back? You can't switch schools willy nilly, but what about teams? (BTW who is Willy Nilly?)

Reaction Score
AH........but where is the rukle that says you can't switch from one team to the other and back? You can't switch schools willy nilly, but what about teams? (BTW who is Willy Nilly?)
:D I see you're making the rules as you go.

1613742555587.png

Reaction Score
A: Where does the phrase “willy-nilly” come from?

Q: The first citation for “willy-nilly” in the Oxford English Dictionary is from 1608. The Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology says it’s a contraction of “will I, nill I” or “will he, nill he” or “will ye, nill ye.” The word “nill” is from the Old English “nyllan,” a combination of “ne” (no) and “willan” (will). The phrase “willy-nilly” means “unwillingly” or “haphazardly.”

Reaction Score

It is absurd - but definitely not allowed by NCAA rules on several grounds.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Well I'll give you credit, you didn't advocate 2 Div I teams. Basically a Varsity and JV team. Which.... would be kind of fun to watch. :)
Do JV teams even exist anymore at the collegiate level? I haven’t heard of one in decades.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom