OT: - Where does RP coach next year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Where does RP coach next year?

Reaction Score
I don’t know what’s more sad

The fact of how many are openly begging RP to coach them to “Rebuild” for 5 years

Or the fact that they are taking about pulling Few or Oats from their jobs like either are actual possibilities
jay wright, too. imaging that jay wright would leave villanova for a rebuild in syracuse is legitimately insane.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Personally, I think Iona is his last coaching spot.

Back in March '21 when the Indiana spot was open, Pitino was quoted "I’m not going anywhere...If I go anywhere, it’s retirement, and I don’t plan on retiring anytime soon.”

He's got a shady history, but it was really cool watching him coach live back in November. I was sitting baseline, just five rows from the Iona bench.

He's obviously a gifted coach and at his age, I'm at the point of just enjoying that he's still coaching and thankful that I'm just a 30 minute drive from watching him coach in person. I'll try to go to at least one more 1 PM Sunday game this season.

As a Norwalk resident who’s a 50 minute drive from four MAAC schools, I'm also happy that he's helping to elevate the conference. College basketball, as a whole, is better when the Big East, A-10 and MAAC are playing better.
I saw a thread on the Syracuse board where they were wishing Boeheim retired and Pitino became their coach.

Kind of sad, really.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I
I saw a thread on the Syracuse board where they were wishing Boeheim retired and Pitino became their coach.

Kind of sad, really.
It's up to 10 pages, with the most recent post from this morning taking note that Iona is 81 and Syracuse is 82 in KenPom.

Who's going to tell them that Iona is 52 in NET, and Syracuse is 106?

CL82

Reaction Score
I

It's up to 10 pages, with the most recent post from this morning taking note that Iona is 81 and Syracuse is 82 in KenPom.

Who's going to tell them that Iona is 52 in NET, and Syracuse is 106?
My friend, I think you know the answer to that question. Create an account.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The seriously think that they could pull oats from Bama . Hilarious.
C M Newton died in 2018, but Wimp Sanderson's only 84.
Mark Gottfried's at Cal State Northridge, and might be itching to get back to the ACC.
Anthony Grant's at Dayton.
Avery Johnson's on TV.

Lots of former Alabama guys are available, if Oats would somehow say no.

Or how about Oats's Buffalo mentor Bobby Hurley? He's an ACC guy.

Would Mike Hopkins come back East?

No wait, let's circle back to Gottfried. He successfully recruited Rodney Purvis out of high school. Purvis was called a Ferrari during the year he sat out after transfering to UConn. So many possibilities.

The skies are always bright in Onandaga County.

Yeah, Pitino back to UofL. Why not?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think he's going to be coaching Iona

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My friend, I think you know the answer to that question. Create an account.
No doubt whatsoever that it's the obvious answer, yet for long-committed reasons, I'm firmly hands-off on certain behaviors toward SU, Pitt, and Louisville.

This is as far as I go, even if I'd otherwise take a certain pleasure in referring to myself as "a one-time Syracusefan.com poster...literally," after getting a presumed quick ban.

CL82

Reaction Score
No doubt whatsoever that it's the obvious answer, yet for long-committed reasons, I'm firmly hands-off on certain behaviors toward SU, Pitt, and Louisville.

This is as far as I go, even if I'd otherwise take a certain pleasure in referring to myself as "a one-time Syracusefan.com poster...literally," after getting a presumed quick ban.
Speaking from experience, it’s worth it.
:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom