What's Up With Stanford's Recruiting | The Boneyard

What's Up With Stanford's Recruiting

Reaction Score
Jerod Haase's record in four years is 68-61 (14-17, 19-16, 15-16 and 20-12 last year), yet he's now gotten the #6 and #13 recruits for 2021.
Is he that good? Are recruits just starting to recognize his ability? Or is he just following a plan and building a juggernaut?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Stanford is top 5 if not #1 overall for the combination of athletics and academics. On a campus that looks like it belongs in the Spanish countryside. California girls. If anything it’s crazy they don’t have a top 10 class every year.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Stanford is top 5 if not #1 overall for the combination of athletics and academics. On a campus that looks like it belongs in the Spanish countryside. California girls. If anything it’s crazy they don’t have a top 10 class every year.

I've lived in the bay for nearly a decade. Sorry to say but California girls are not the draw at Stanford -- don't mix up NorCal and SoCal. I'm also not a fan of the sprawling campus but many are. Their fanbase is also mediocre. Nice people with school spirit, but not a big basketball school. Their allegiances are focused more on football and on other sports where they dominate. But your original thesis is correct -- it's a great combination of athletics and academics.

Reaction Score
Your view on the campus is definitely the minority view. Most think it’s the best or one of the best in the country. Objectively.

Reaction Score
That's not objectivity. I'm much more fond of the Cal Berkeley campus.
having a degree from the latter i thought stanford's campus was a lot more impressive, granted you do need a bike to get anywhere on time. i did prefer Cal Memorial stadium being tucked into the hills right above campus better than the Farm though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's some objectivity for you:

Mike Honcho

Reaction Score
Here's some subjectivity for you:

FIFY.

Not in here: Most Beautiful College Campuses | The Princeton Review

Also you forgot "literally."

Reaction Score
FIFY.

Not in here: Most Beautiful College Campuses | The Princeton Review

Also you forgot "literally."
Show me where I said literally

I said most think it’s one of the best in the country. And provided four surveys that agree. You found one that didn’t. I’m sure I could find dozens more that include it.

Whats wrong with you people? Don’t put words in my mouth. Pretty sure I provided objective evidence.

Mike Honcho

Reaction Score
Show me where I said literally

I said most think it’s one of the best in the country. And provided four surveys that agree. You found one that didn’t. I’m sure I could find dozens more that include it.

Whats wrong with you people? Don’t put words in my mouth. Pretty sure I provided objective evidence.
Lol. I was messing with you because "literally" is regularly misused, similar to how you continue to confuse subjectivity for objectivity. Also I've never heard of those websites, with the exception of cntraveler, which is a top 50 list. Digging deep!

Reaction Score
spent two years there after uconn. the campus beauty is because of the architecture, not the coeds.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I've lived in the bay for nearly a decade. Sorry to say but California girls are not the draw at Stanford -- don't mix up NorCal and SoCal. I'm also not a fan of the sprawling campus but many are. Their fanbase is also mediocre. Nice people with school spirit, but not a big basketball school. Their allegiances are focused more on football and on other sports where they dominate. But your original thesis is correct -- it's a great combination of athletics and academics.
Outstanding Norcal - Socal distinction, this though is not to say you can't find the California girl thing. You are right though. Its academics first everything else, a big second. Including football.

Reaction Score
Jerod Haase's record in four years is 68-61 (14-17, 19-16, 15-16 and 20-12 last year), yet he's now gotten the #6 and #13 recruits for 2021.
Is he that good? Are recruits just starting to recognize his ability? Or is he just following a plan and building a juggernaut?

#6 was for 2020, not next year

Reaction Score

Uhhhh, this might be why...

from Rothsteins article 25 Impact Freshman for the 20-21 Season

FDBE754F-4295-4B3F-A6B0-4F0629075950.jpeg

Reaction Score
I still stay in touch with some of the older guys that play around CT, and I’ve heard quite a few guys really talking up Jaiden Delaire. He’s been back in CT playing this summer and apparently he’s looking like a beast. People forget about him, he was a top 100 guy not that long ago. Sometimes it takes a few years to put it all together, but I’m pulling for him hard. He’s a good kid and hoping he has a major breakout season. Stanford should be pretty solid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom