What's Up With Brianna | The Boneyard

What's Up With Brianna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brianna looked to be playing very aggressively on defense. She was hard on the ball and was making an effort to do her best. I'm not sure why she didn't play in the second half. Saniya is not the defender that Brianna is at this point in their careers. We are going to need Brianna down the road. I hope it all gets straightened out.

U

UCONNfan1

I thought maybe Saniya had moved ahead of her on the depth chart as Brianna played 3 minutes and Saniya closer to 20...

Reaction Score
I noticed during one timeout she kept coughing. My guess is she is sick.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I thought maybe Saniya had moved ahead of her on the depth chart as Brianna played 3 minutes and Saniya closer to 20...

Nope - Geno just said in presser that she twisted her ankle. Tried to go tonight but couldn't

Reaction Score
The announcers never mentioned that Brianna was out because of a sprained ankle, at least not that I heard. That's part of their job. Did I miss them mentioning why Brianna was out? Glad it's not serious.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
maybe not feeling well. really don't want walk-ons playing ahead of her.

Bomber...
You need to do a little diligence before you jump to such conclusions. It's a sprained ankle.
Frankly, this type of stuff is the worst of the BoneYard. Someone will just read this post and run with it.

Reaction Score
In a way, I was strangely relieved to learn that BB's time on the pine was a result of a minor injury. I thought she'd run so afoul of Geno's confidence zone that she was being punished. As good as this team is, the one area, in my opinion, that requires improvement the most is production from the bench, especially given Morgan's condition. Kiah played so much better last night that we should all be encouraged. Saniya, except for one egregious air-ball, played well and effectively. But BB, with all of her off-the-chart athleticism, has the potential to be a huge contributor...potential that has admittedly yet to be realized, but real nevertheless. I hope that after she recovers, and with the breezy upcoming schedule we face (including at home against L'Ville), she gets a lot of playing time and a bit of an extended leash so she can build some confidence.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Once that front court rotation of Moriah, Bria, Saniya and Brianna (any two at a time at top speed) gets rolling, they will routinely run opponents right out of the gym.

And any combination of three (from Stef, Stewie, Kaleena and Kiah) in the back court ain't bad, either. If/when Morgan can contribute, it gets downright scary.

Reaction Score
The announcers never mentioned that Brianna was out because of a sprained ankle, at least not that I heard. That's part of their job. Did I miss them mentioning why Brianna was out? Glad it's not serious.

i agree that the announcing team could do a whole lot better in keeping viewers updated on things like this. seems like kerith burke would have ample time to wander over to the uconn bench and see if something's up with a player. certainly not talking about a "doghouse" situation. it shouldn't be that big a deal for the coaches or trainer to say , yeah, brianna did something to her ankle. it's done by coverage people all the time in other sports. a player is injured, a player has re-injured, a player is not feeling well, whatever.

Reaction Score
It is very tought to play in your face defense on a bad wheel........Off until Sunday.......Get well soon Brianna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom