What's Up with Ankles? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's Up with Ankles?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's Chuck Connors who played for the Celtics and Brooklyn Dodgers and the Rifleman, and, believe it or not,
a 6-6 blue eyed Geronimo
1615298585611.png

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The sneakers are the issue. The companies and NBA players have made it cool to wear ultra low top sneakers. Like well below the ankle. I have three kids that play ball and I refuse to buy low top sneakers. We started off with Nike Hyperdunks and transitioned into the Kyrie high top. Never one ankle sprain with me buying the shoes.
I tend to agree although Doc Hoop has some stats to the contrary. I wore high tops throughout high school and college and really had no issues until I put on the low cut Allan Iverson's the Answer. Couple of weeks in I sprained my ankle badly and missed the last few games of the season. I see KD's Nikes that look more like tennis shoes and wonder how he doesn't sprain an ankle every game. I guess a lot of tape.

Reaction Score

Also had to get some PF Flyers with the magic ring lol. I mean if Jonny Quest is repping them had to throw some on and run faster and jump higher right?

Reaction Score
Nice, you had to have a pair of Pro Keds back then when they made their run. They actually did a nice advertising job at the time from what I remember (which is very little these days).
If I remember correctly, the big fashion change was when the blue and red stripe went from skinnier and vertical to fatter and diagonal. I think. I can't find an image of the vertical stripes. Maybe there were no stripes at first.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I tend to agree although Doc Hoop has some stats to the contrary. I wore high tops throughout high school and college and really had no issues until I put on the low cut Allan Iverson's the Answer. Couple of weeks in I sprained my ankle badly and missed the last few games of the season. I see KD's Nikes that look more like tennis shoes and wonder how he doesn't sprain an ankle every game. I guess a lot of tape.
That’s the thing. The Pro’s wear ankle wraps and tape under ultra low top sneakers. What’s the point other than style and fashion? Why not just make and wear high tops.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, the big fashion change was when the blue and red stripe went from skinnier and vertical to fatter and diagonal. I think. I can't find an image of the vertical stripes. Maybe there were no stripes at first.

No diagonal striped here so you're right:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom