What's going on with Kyrie Irving? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's going on with Kyrie Irving?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He admits in the first article that he could've done more to cope with his grandfathers passing. That still being a good reason for someone to be moody, especially when he meant so much to Kyrie. If anything he deserves props for owning his mistakes there.

The second article reads like a hit piece to me. Kyrie avoides small talk in elevators? Never met anyone who does that... He also doesn't need to participate in voluntary workouts, he was the best player on the team, and that workout wouldn't have changed the next few games.

If you don’t want to see something, you’re not going to see it.

Imagine riding in an elevator fifty times with a co-worker who never said a word to you once. Regardless of whether that story is true, the fact that you’re brushing that off as normal is super weird.

He was on an island in Boston and the exile was self-issued. Not sure where you’re coming from but if he ever plays for your team, you’ll see. 3 for 3 so far.

I honestly feel bad for him. He’s in a constant struggle. Pretty obvious if you’re paying attention, which you clearly haven’t been.

p.s. Jay King’s underlying article is not a hit piece. And while some Celts fans have said nasty things about Kyrie, the team’s coaches and players have been quite circumspect. But literally everything we do know points to Kyrie being a loner who is often in a “funk”.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Imagine riding in an elevator fifty times with a co-worker who never said a word to you once. Regardless of whether that story is true, the fact that you’re brushing that off as normal is super weird.

He was on an island in Boston and the exile was self-issued. Not sure where you’re coming from but if he ever plays for your team, you’ll see. 3 for 3 so far.

I honestly feel bad for him. He’s in a constant struggle. Pretty obvious if you’re paying attention, which you clearly haven’t been.

p.s. Jay King’s underlying article is not a hit piece. And while some Celts fans have said nasty things about Kyrie, the team’s coaches and players have been quite circumspect. But literally everything we do know points to Kyrie being a loner who is often in a “funk”.
Is it not weird that the coach apparently didn't say anything to start a conversation? Idk man I have lots of co workers I'd never speak to again if they didn't come to me first. Maybe he just didn't like that assistant very much, could be any reason since this assistant coach didn't provide any context.

I don't even know what to say about the rest. Just a bunch of generalizations and repeated nonsense I've heard all the talk show hosts say.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is he doing anything about it? Is he trying?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
this should provide some good context. If you click the tweet there's a thread with more info.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kyrie rips his teammates some new ones. Just another day at the circus.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kyrie rips his teammates some new ones. Just another day at the circus.

As the resident kyrie defender, this is inexcusable. No idea why he felt the need to do that.

Reaction Score
The technical phrase for Kyries ailment is "coocoo for cocoa puffs".

Too bad because skills wise he is an all time great rare talent.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Don't disagree with any of that, but some of it is also uncontrollably self inflicted, the comments he makes about his teammates are easily curtailed, whether depressed or not. Perhaps he could have a mild form of autism or something, idk. Either way, the comments are incredibly un self-aware.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom