What's going on with Kyrie Irving? | The Boneyard

What's going on with Kyrie Irving?

Reaction Score
The Kemba Kyrie thing is looking better every day for the Celtics and worse for the Nets.
Kyrie Irving's peculiar Nets silence may go beyond shoulder injury

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Kemba Kyrie thing is looking better every day for the Celtics and worse for the Nets.
Kyrie Irving's peculiar Nets silence may go beyond shoulder injury

He is an incredibly talented flake. I am not sure he’s really even mentally stable.

Reaction Score
Dick move by Bucher.

Don't care what sources are saying. If he has mental issues that has to come from him or authorized representatives.
Not a dick move by Bucher, he did his job. It’s a dick move by whom ever have him the information

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only insanity involved in this entire thing was Ainge signing Kyrie in the first place.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's the boston media bias against him, but rumor is the only reason brooklyn signed him was to ensure KD signed.

Incredible talent ... too bad

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The only insanity involved in this entire thing was Ainge signing Kyrie in the first place.

They didn’t sign him. They traded him for a gimpy IT. Not overpaying to keep Thomas was one of the smartest things Ainge has done. And he probably would’ve overpaid IT had he not traded him.

So, I’m quite happy with the trade. I’m also quite happy he left and that we have a real leader playing PG.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They didn’t sign him. They traded him for a gimpy IT. Not overpaying to keep Thomas was one of the smartest things Ainge has done. And he probably would’ve overpaid IT had he not traded him.
So, I’m quite happy with the trade. I’m also quite happy he left and that we have a real leader playing PG.
I'm convinced Ainge is more Mr. Magoo than R.C. Buford. He didn't bring in Kyrie to get out of paying IT, he thought getting Kyrie was a coup. And he still ends up making the right move, seemingly because he didn't have any options.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
I'm convinced Ainge is more Mr. Magoo than R.C. Buford. He didn't bring in Kyrie to get out of paying IT, he thought getting Kyrie was a coup. And he still ends up making the right move, seemingly because he didn't have any options.
In which case it is better to be lucky than good...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
the simplest answer is usually the right answer but no let’s get the tin foil hats on
The media has convinced everyone he's some sort of super villain. Man can't even be injured without slander from fans and media alike.

Reaction Score
He has been injury prone since high school. He is also a freaking nut job.

The two are both true. And probably not related.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is an incredibly talented flake. I am not sure he’s really even mentally stable.
I agree. I don’t really want to bad mouth him because I’m pretty sure he’s mentally unhealthy. I think his grandfather passing away really effected him. He’s very good at basketball but I think he’s lost his love for it.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Ainge traded IT for Kyrie because he was not going to sign IT for max before the injury and definitely would not after. He was working to get the most value possible out of IT and Cleveland knew they had to get something for Kyrie. Ainge worked a great deal, credit is due.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What are yall basing this psychological evaluation on? Some social media posts? Unsourced rumors from media personalities saying he's unhappy sometimes? I'd like to know what he's actually done that's makes people think he's in a bad place?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I actually think it was clear that Ainge did not want to pay IT.

You can knock Ainge for his drafts, but the sample size on his trades is way too big to call him lucky.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
the simplest answer is usually the right answer but no let’s get the tin foil hats on

Yes, whenever an NBA player a shoulder injury, it renders them incapable of speaking to the media.

Cavs fans tried to tell Celts fans and Celts fans tried to tell Nets fans. Whether he’s just a strange dude or has a diagnosable condition, he — and whatever organization he’s playing for — is always going to be dealing with it. I don’t say this out of malice; on the contrary, I say it with empathy.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What are yall basing this psychological evaluation on? Some social media posts? Unsourced rumors from media personalities saying he's unhappy sometimes? I'd like to know what he's actually done that's makes people think he's in a bad place?

One example:

More:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One example:

More:

He admits in the first article that he could've done more to cope with his grandfathers passing. That still being a good reason for someone to be moody, especially when he meant so much to Kyrie. If anything he deserves props for owning his mistakes there.

The second article reads like a hit piece to me. Kyrie avoides small talk in elevators? Never met anyone who does that... He also doesn't need to participate in voluntary workouts, he was the best player on the team, and that workout wouldn't have changed the next few games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kyrie sitting out the year would not bother me a bit. If he is the best talent on the team, he becomes particularly selfish and messes up the motion offense the Nets run. He is only an asset when he is the second best player on the team and his hero impulses are under better control and used under better circumstances. So hoping KD makes it back which will also out Kyrie back where he belongs. The robin to a true batman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom