OT: - What was your most recent random thought? Mines... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: What was your most recent random thought? Mines...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It was a random thought. Not a random act.
Oh that’s how it starts then you telling your dog to put the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.
hannibal lecter horror GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That rottweiler in the park was not a fan of my Duke Shirt... never had a dog lunge at me before.... no german shepherds, beagles, poodles, none of them. Lucky for the dog the owner held him back with a chain.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Lucky for the dog the owner held him back with a chain.'
my sentiment, exactly. i've seen little girls and oldtimers, armed with the right attitude concerning dogs (u talking to me? check yourself before u wreck yourself...') handle great big woofers with just a look, while some grown mangiants recoil at the first snarl or bark from a chiwawa. dogs aren't stupid, dopey mebbe, but not stupid. u can see in their eyes the calculation they make when someone gives some blowback to their act. other than an immediate danger posed to them or their pack, they can display a mental calculation kind of like, 'hmmm, if she kicks me here, im gonna have a headache, or chew funny for a couple of days. iffn she kicks me there, then i'll be walking funny for a few days. ok, person, im just woofin, i don't need any hassle from you. mebbe i got this wrong, let's just be pals and call it a day, ok?'
dogs are great. they're also 'leninists' -'if you strike mush, push on! if you strike steel, pull back!' or mebbe it was stalin who said that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why do donut shops make it a better deal to get six or 12 donuts instead of 2 or 3?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The best ice cream stand anywhere (Kimball's) just closed for the season, and I'm going to have to wait 7 months for a hot fudge sundae with mocha chip ice cream. What am I going to do until then?
Watch UConn WBB for almost 6 of those months, so you would actually have only 1 month of nothing to do.;)

Reaction Score
When did supposedly educated folk (including newspaper writers and ad designers) suddenly decide that it isn't necessary to spell correctly or use decent grammar? I find at least one (obvious) error in almost every newspaper or magazine I read. And I am only an average speller and I'm not the grammar police, either. But it can be jarring.
KBA, read the NL Day sometimes it's mind-blowing!
When I was coaching the east Lyme HS Wrestling team the Day had a score on the first page of the Sports Section, Killingly 53 Monville 32.
You go inside page and summary headline repeats the score then the article says Montville controlled the match winning 53 to 32!
The Day has too many to mention!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Why do people insist on writing "doxxing" with two x's? ("To dox" is a newly coined verb meaning to reveal someone's personal information on the Internet.)

We would never write "boxxing" or "taxxing" or "perplexxing". In fact I can't think of a other single word in the English language that contains a double "x".

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When you see an item that would make a perfect christmas gift, buy it then... instead of waiting around and risking the item being sold out later :oops::(

Reaction Score
My random thought = this has be the longest running OT thread to stay on the first page in the history of the BY (or at least on its way there).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom