What Took So Long To Get Depth Chart Right?? | The Boneyard

What Took So Long To Get Depth Chart Right??

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The team which has played the last two games is the team I was expecting to see coming out of camp.

Roberson at QB, Rosa featured at RB, more Clercius, .........

It almost seems like the staff was infatuated with transfers and over thunked it when it came to depth chart and rotations.

The solution was always right in front of their face.

Great win for the players and staff. They deserve every bit of joy they are feeling.

Bye week and the USF at home. Let's get win #2.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The team which has played the last two games is the team I was expecting to see coming out of camp.

It almost seems like the staff was infatuated with transfers and over thunked it when it came to depth chart and rotations.

Great win for the players and staff. They deserve every bit of joy they are feeling.

It's a good point. We just assumed that the team was so deep, the players we assumed would be starters just weren't good enough.

Meanwhile it was just that the coaches were wrong...lol.

Reaction Score

100% on our Iceball offense OC.

Reaction Score

Didn't see this and said the same in another thread. Buckman, Porter, and Burns are not better than Ross, Clercius, and Joly. Joly is just a big WR not a tight end. Two years in a row he has taken a short pass to the house. Last year vs BC and yesterday.

Reaction Score
I put it on his boss. You can't be DC and HC and at same time give needed direction to OC and ST's.
He can. And when we hire a new DC watch some of the staff walk without the extra cash coming their way from spending it on a DC.

Reaction Score

And the best thing about bye week, aside from almost every player getting rid of the soreness, is getting the two DB's off protocol.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

This is the cynical view, but also the most probable. I'm starting to suspect there was a locker room problem that solved itself through attrition. I find myself believing this team a lot more than in recent years. That's what made the start of the season so disappointing.

Reaction Score
I love Jim Mora and I agree. Need a bigger assistant coach budget.
Considering Jim is 0 for 2 with his coordinator choices, need to see results before we start giving him more money

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's a good point. We just assumed that the team was so deep, the players we assumed would be starters just weren't good enough.

Meanwhile it was just that the coaches were wrong...lol.
Let’s not get carried away. Nice to win, but the performance Sat was not drastically different from most of the other games this year . A fumble on the 1 and a screwed up pass that was a lateral made a big difference. I’m more encouraged by Roberson the last two games. He didn’t play last year and just now might be showing he should have been choice #1 this year. We are not using last year‘s QB at all who we actually won 6 games with and could be argued was also right in front of the coaches’ nose. (Not at all suggesting he should have been choice 1). We are obviously a big work in progress on both sides of the ball. Heck, our 3rd string running back is now 1st string ;)

Reaction Score
Let’s not get carried away. Nice to win, but the performance Sat was not drastically different from most of the other games this year . A fumble on the 1 and a screwed up pass that was a lateral made a big difference. I’m more encouraged by Roberson the last two games. He didn’t play last year and just now might be showing he should have been choice #1 this year. We are not using last year‘s QB at all who we actually won 6 games with and could be argued was also right in front of the coaches’ nose. (Not at all suggesting he should have been choice 1). We are obviously a big work in progress on both sides of the ball. Heck, our 3rd string running back is now 1st string ;)
The stats say UConn got outplayed. 12 first downs to 26?? More yards passing and more yards rushing for Rice.

If anything, it was a great teaching experience. UConn saw what happens when you clearly outplay the other team but don't take care of the ball. To UConn's credit, those turnovers they got were pretty much forced and UConn DID NOT commit the same errors.

As we said after the USU game there were signs that things are getting better. Same for last weekend as already mentioned by several posts. And ESPN analytics (for whatever they are worth) has USF as an essentially an even game.This bye week could not have come at a more opportune time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom