What Team Husky Players Are Doing at Home Through The Quarantine. | The Boneyard

What Team Husky Players Are Doing at Home Through The Quarantine.

Reaction Score
I will try to post different players photos daily. Paige at the Park.

IMG_6995 (2).jpg

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how all this is affecting Westbrook's rehab.... normally, she'd be rehabbing at Storrs.... I hope this doesn't affect her readiness for November.... assuming the season actually starts!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guess Minnesota hasn't closed playgrounds judging by that picture.

but probably the rims are taken down. Even before the pandemic, public outdoor playgrounds would not attract a lot of kids. Only the basketball courts

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I'm wondering how all this is affecting Westbrook's rehab.... normally, she'd be rehabbing at Storrs.... I hope this doesn't affect her readiness for November.... assuming the season actually starts!

Evina is actually still in Storrs. She occasionally posts on social media from Werth and just donated blood at the latest Daniela’s Dream drive.

I can’t imagine how tough it is to be the last (wo)man standing, but I’m very impressed that she’s sticking it out and (seemingly) making the most of it.

Reaction Score
Evina is actually still in Storrs. She occasionally posts on social media from Werth and just donated blood at the latest Daniela’s Dream drive.

I can’t imagine how tough it is to be the last (wo)man standing, but I’m very impressed that she’s sticking it out and (seemingly) making the most of it.
I think we are going to really love her as fans. If you watch work out films of her in high school you will see an intensely driven person and player.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I think we are going to really love her as fans. If you watch work out films of her in high school you will see an intensely driven person and player.

And beyond her basketball skills, she just seems to have bought in and embraced the team and the program. I’m excited to see how it translates into the floor next season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here’s something I have been wondering about for the post-pandemic world: Players are keeping active the best they can, but most don’t have access to a basketball court. In all sports, when the pandemic ends, who comes back in great shape and with finely honed skills, and who loses conditioning and some of their skills?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I will try to post different players photos daily. Paige at the Park.

View attachment 52743
she'll sure be happy when she makes some cash, and can afford to use a 'real' ball at the playground. in this pic, she has that ubiquitous rubber/plastic thing that always leads to rebounds bouncing a million feet into the air after hitting the rim, or handling like a superball, especially on hot days. when u get cash, or attitude, u don't mind so much the real leather thing wearing out quickly on the pavement, cuz, you know, feel, trajectory in the air with wind, all that stuff. shooting that rock can feel like throwing a wiffle ball sometimes. I always admire those ballers (not me) who, on a day with water hanging in the air and all over ur hands and body, and everybody is losing the handle, or can't catch a pass, or barely hold on to shoot, seem to be in a different reality, like they have pine tar or something on their hands. impressive. and then those people, with their military grade ability to read the wind. unfair.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Here’s something I have been wondering about for the post-pandemic world: Players are keeping active the best they can, but most don’t have access to a basketball court. In all sports, when the pandemic ends, who comes back in great shape and with finely honed skills, and who loses conditioning and some of their skills?
Who comes back in great shape? Those who live in a two story house. Run those steps. Thump! Thump! Thump! "Mom, Dad, think of it as an investment in my future as a pro!"

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The post pandemic world will be the same as pre pandemic world in this sense. The most motivated players will find a way to return in the best condition. The most resourceful players will seek out a open gym to get a run in or to get shots up. I fully expect all 10 of the returning Huskies to return in great condition and hungry. And as we all know.
1586203572461.jpeg

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
His voice carries. No problem.
I imagine him up in his office with the window overlooking the court. Evina down on the court doing some simple dribbling/movement drills slowly working her knee back, then suddenly over the P.A. comes geno's voice "NOW EVINA WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THAT? WHO WAS I TALKING TOO THE OTHER DAY? OH YEAH...IT WAS YOU! " <Evina rolls her eyes and doesn't look up to the window.>

Reaction Score
Milford, our Grandson is a physical fitness freak, He jumped through hoops to get to the gym every day. Now he works out at home and runs either at 5am or 10 pm. They should have no problem exercising and as far as being away from basketball itself as sad as that is at least all the players are rowing in the same boat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom