What player(s) are you most looking forward to seeing on the court this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What player(s) are you most looking forward to seeing on the court this season?

What player are you most looking forward to seeing on the court - to see what they can do?

• Christyn

• Olivia

• Evina

• Aubrey

• Anna

• Paige

• Aaliyah

• Nika

• Mir

• Piath

• Autumn

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Evina
I don't mean "who will be the best", but rather "who do you want to watch most to see how much they have improved or what they can do"?

Paige is probably one of the most anticipated freshmen ever to suit up, and some of us probably have a good idea what to expect out of her, but are there others you are looking forward to seeing what they can do more?

You can vote for 3 - I did it this way in case everyone felt 1 player was their #1 choice - to see who else fans are really looking forward to seeing what they can do.

And by the way, I totally get that most fans can't wait to see ALL the players on the floor, but that's not the point of the poll...

Evina and Paige....

I saw Evina play many times and I know how good she is...(she was just on a bad team with a pathetic coach) Paige is definitely the most anticipated player since Stewart....But I would compare her to Diana from what I have seen so far...

It's too bad none of us will see them in person though..

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
KLS is 6'3". We forget that UConn had 5's shorter than her.
As Geno said coming into her senior year,”The next offensive rebound she gets will be her first.”

Reaction Score
Every single one of them including the walk-on. Every one of them has something to prove to varying degrees- and either near term or in future have something to offer- even the walk-on. I'll watch 40 minutes of all their games with interest.

Reaction Score
I went with Paige, Evina, and Liv. I want to see if Paige will be more consistent then our last 3 number 1 recruits, if Evina is ready to go, and make more of an impact then our last few transfers, and if Liv can finally turn the page and have maybe a Tina Charles type of junior season. Three non Uconn players I'm interested in seeing this season would be
Sedona Prince, I want to see if she can become a go to player for Oregon
Rhyne Howard,probably the best scorer in the country and she has elite size, she could very well be the top draft pick in the 22 draft.
Elissa Cunane, ranked 55 coming out of high school, I think shes the 2nd best center in the country, and yet people still seem to forget about her, she has made the type of college impact for NC St I thought Liv would make.

Reaction Score
Really looking forward to seeing Evina on the court all healed up and ready to go. Also really excited about seeing Paige and Nika too!

Reaction Score
Evina

Evina and Paige....

I saw Evina play many times and I know how good she is...(she was just on a bad team with a pathetic coach) Paige is definitely the most anticipated player since Stewart....But I would compare her to Diana from what I have seen so far...

It's too bad none of us will see them in person though..
None of us will see them in person this season. Here’s to an optimistic hope that by this point next year COVID-19 won’t be a plague on our society anymore!

Side note: here’s hoping Evina stays so we have the chance to see her play for UConn in person!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Paige and Anna . I am anxious to see how they impact each other on the fast break.
I would add Nika in there. Can you imagine the passes those three could come up with when playing together. They would have the opposing teams head's on a swivel and easy shots for their teammates. I still love watching Anna's behind the back pass to CW for the easy fast break layup.

Reaction Score
It is hard to pick three players that I would like to see and really hard to pick one. We have returning players and new players to pick from. I think I will do both. I would like to see Evina to see if is physically able to play up to her old self or possibly her new self after the layoff. She would be a senior without interuption. She was a top 5 player coming out of high school. Her maturity as we have already seen is important. She was previous a slasher and penatrater to score and kick to others. Cyrstal was the only player who last year who could create for herself and others against good man to man defensive teams like Baylor and South Carolina. We need that. Paige could do that competing against her age groups. Will college be an adjustment? Can she do at a higher level of competition right away or will we have to wait a period of time. The third player and all of my choices who have not yet played for UCONN is Aaliyah. Why, because I got to watch a lot of tape on her and saw a fierce competive nature and a good understanding of sophisticated offense and defensive schems. She I believe wil have some Aubrey like freshmen type of performances where she takes over the game. This is not a slight to all of the other returners or the other freshmen. I can't wait to see them all. Go Huskies!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
You know, I really could not pick one or two or three. It has been a long time and I just would like to see the UConn women's basketball team play competitively. There are so many very good players, young and old, that I have great interest in, but I want to see this team finally walk on the court and play.

Reaction Score
You really didn’t expect anyone other then Paige to win this did you?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards, Our Aliyah Boston stopper! No more double teaming of Olivia without consequences. Aaliyah's defense on the opponent's best post player should reduce Olivia's fouls as well.
Nika Muhl, with Bueckers they will be the second coming of Sue and "D" but it will be Nika and "P" (maybe "B")! She, who most initially viewed as an afterthought because of Paige's noteriety and Croatian source, will be a most pleasant success.
Come march it will be very interesting to see who are the starters. I think Edwards is a must for #12 (#13, 14, 15 ?!) to become reality. Whomever they are; it will be an eight player rotation. With this team there will be no more "garbage time." We will see quality team play in all four quarters.
Those of use who wanted an effective Big got her. Those who believe championships are won by guard play should be over the moon with the guard talent on this team.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom