What is Chaim thinking | The Boneyard

What is Chaim thinking

Reaction Score
I confess I don't understand what Chaim's objective was in these last few moves. We needed a first baseman, some help in the bullpen and maybe another starter. In my dreams I saw Anthony Rizzo, Craig Kimbrell and maybe Scherzer. But none of that happened. Instead we get Kyle Schwarber, a career .233 outfielder/designated hitter who can't field or run and is often on the DL. Does anyone have any insight here?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He valued continued payroll flexibility over winning. He's squandered some great years from his current players.

Reaction Score
Its as simple as we dont have the prospect capital to get all those players while other teams do.
Or, if we do, we dont have the prospect depth that other teams do, so he would rather not give up 2 of our top 5 prospects for 2 months of rizzo - who has hit the fountain of youth since joining NY.
The cubs got a great return for Kimbrel, and the Nats did as well in their trade with Los Angeles.
I will say though i think the Robles trade was stupid. The guy sucked for the twins the last two months.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Different times for sure. I expected all in as they have in the recent past to win but I respect the direction. They will be fine just a dry period but they were in a nice place for it to happen they will jump back in it of the bats come back as they should.

Reaction Score
Well, at least he was consistent. None of the players he picked up made me feel good.

Reaction Score
Weve been the worst team in baseball for 2 or 3 weeks. And still are one of the two wild card spots somehow. Sale will join the team tomorrow and schwarber at some point next week.
Not all is lost yet.
Try to keep in mind we all thought this was about an 80-85 win team when the year started. Lets see if we can have some fun down the stretch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I still think this is a playoff team. I wanted a 1B that makes contact. Too many guys who swing for the fences and don't make contact on this team. Sale is a huge boost, and I think Chaim expected it and relied on it. That said, too many on the staff are now failing. They need to stretch Houck out, he's critical.

I get the long term flexibility, and not blocking top prospects, but this team is close. I expect the slump was a slump and they will put it together again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom