What I Learned From Purdue Replay | The Boneyard

What I Learned From Purdue Replay

Reaction Score
Well, nuttin’ really, since I had already gotten it from reading our forum over the past several days: The coach’s methods are no longer relevant for today’s players and his fundamental approach is outmoded. Fortunately, my ex-social worker wife didn’t see this, but at one point it appeared that Geno actually screamed at Chrystin, which, predictably, shut down her performance for the rest of the game, sort of. I can’t vouch for this, but it appeared that she was threatened with the consequence of not getting a participation trophy if she didn’t pick up her game! Heaven knows what effect that kind of thing will have on future recruiting!

So, nothing to learn there, Saints are chillin’ out and eatin’ gumbeaux today, whole day’s a waste

Reaction Score
Hi...
i would make a comment here, but my Mom always drilled into my head that Mark Twain quote; "Better to be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt." So I will be silent right now.:cool::rolleyes::D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, nuttin’ really, since I had already gotten it from reading our forum over the past several days: The coach’s methods are no longer relevant for today’s players and his fundamental approach is outmoded. Fortunately, my ex-social worker wife didn’t see this, but at one point it appeared that Geno actually screamed at Chrystin, which, predictably, shut down her performance for the rest of the game, sort of. I can’t vouch for this, but it appeared that she was threatened with the consequence of not getting a participation trophy if she didn’t pick up her game! Heaven knows what effect that kind of thing will have on future recruiting!

So, nothing to learn there, Saints are chillin’ out and eatin’ gumbeaux today, whole day’s a waste
Hi...
i would make a comment here, but my Mom always drilled into my head that Mark Twain quote; "Better to be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt." So I will be silent right now.:cool::rolleyes::D
Well I'll say something. Geno yelled at her in the first period when she had no points. CW ended up with 17 points and went 5-6 from 3. Best of all she didn't miss another switch all night. Your arguments, like many who seem to know little about BB fundamentals are ill conceived, entirely notional, and wrongheaded. Like most of your ilk the best I can say is the exits are through the rear and side doors.
1543182578107.png

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well I'll say something. Geno yelled at her in the first period when she had no points. CW ended up with 17 points and went 5-6 from 3. Best of all she didn't miss another switch all night. Your arguments, like many who seem to know little about BB fundamentals are ill conceived, entirely notional, and wrongheaded. Like most of your ilk the best I can say is the exits are through the rear and side doors.
View attachment 36708
I thought Mr Big was being facetious. You know, like kidding! I guess you didn't.

JordyG

Reaction Score

1543183715535.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Bp, I love sarcasm. But in the interest of some here on the BY who read everything literally, I would suggest that the next time you employ that literary vehicle to make an insightful point, as you did with your OP, be sure to add the appropriate emoji: :);):rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
Hi...
So your mom allowed you to take directions from an undereducated, old time Missouri country pumpkin who greatest physical accomplishment was to drive a riverboat.
Failed at a printing press, lost all of his money and borrowed more, going deeper into bankrupt, lost his Hartford house, and died in Italy. What does that say about the person?
Only that he was the greatest humorist and writer of books kids in the late 1800/eary 1900's loved. Thank your MOM for keeping his works and name alive. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Bp, I love sarcasm. But in the interest of some here on the BY who read everything literally, I would suggest that the next time you employ that literary vehicle to make an insightful point, as you did with your OP, be sure to add the appropriate emoji: :);):rolleyes::cool:
THAT was sarcasm? I don't read tone well! I'd never use sarcasm in any of MY posting.
As you can tell.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I find @Bigpetunia to be a his very best WITHOUT the use of an emoji.

JordyG

Reaction Score
If you pay attention to the EXPERTS like: John Wayne or leRoy Gibbs (NCIS) you'd know "Never apologize: It's a sign of weakness!" So followed the Experts once and was ejected from my platform, I'm sorry!
Experts? Amateurs. Erich Segal once mistakenly said, "Love means never having to say you're sorry". Then he got married and came to the realization, and I quote, "I've found that love means having to say you're sorry a hundred times a day.". Yes, married men are the true experts in "sorry".

Reaction Score
I thought Mr Big was being facetious. You know, like kidding! I guess you didn't.
Here ya go, throwing around that Southern Bama education of different words;
What the heck is FACE tious. Sounds like a swear word. Face tee ou se. Ya sure that isn't a French dirty word? I saw a French film or 3 and I got their drift. What they don't think up way down thar --like --ya all come back now ya hear? You know I won't come back cus I didn't hear. Ya, all are funny people.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Experts? Amateurs. Erich Segal once mistakenly said, "Love means never having to say you're sorry". Then he got married and came to the realization, and I quote, "I've found that love means having to say you're sorry a hundred times a day.". Yes, married men are the true experts in "sorry".
1543185714574.png

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I haven't read this board in a while, but just would like to comment that the best posts worth reading are those which can't be misinterpreted. I admit the initial post shocked me. Of course it has been a while....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
C'mon, guys...I can't write more obviously tongue-in-cheek stuff than this. Still, I'll ask my grandchildren to teach me about emojis. Now where are those exits I was invited to take?
Back in HS, I took a French class taught by a Czechoslovakian teacher who often told jokes that nobody understood. After an uncomfortable silence following one of his attempts at humor, the teacher would say, “Dat vas joke,” and the class would respond with hysterical laughter.

Reaction Score
Since I retired, in 1942, I find that is an excellent word to have in one's vocabulary. The other one is: It is my fault. When all else fails: You are soooo beautiful. I found these in a 1930's guide to being a good spouse, or was that mouse?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Back in HS, I took a French class taught by a Czechoslovakian teacher who often told jokes that nobody understood. After an uncomfortable silence following one of his attempts at humor, the teacher would say, “Dat vas joke,” and the class would respond with hysterical laughter.
"A comic says funny things, a comedian says things funny" (From comedian Ed Wynn, supposedly paraphrased from Fred Allen).

JordyG

Reaction Score
Since I retired, in 1942, I find that is an excellent word to have in one's vocabulary. The other one is: It is my fault. When all else fails: You are soooo beautiful. I found these in a 1930's guide to being a good spouse, or was that mouse?
I think it's more like keeping the peace in the house.

Reaction Score
Chr

Chrystyn.

Reaction Score
C'mon, guys...I can't write more obviously tongue-in-cheek stuff than this. Still, I'll ask my grandchildren to teach me about emojis. Now where are those exits I was invited to take?

I'm a VISUAL, take things as written kinda guy. Emojis notwithstanding. If you want me to smile--write SMILE NOW! If you want me to read tongue in cheek either do the JordyG thing with a pix or write (TONGUE in the cheeK). I don't do sarcasm or as another poster used a foreign word to explain-facetious (whatever that is) add sound effects too because I don't read tone. As I told Oldude--I don't do sarcasm (whatever THAT is).
BigP--Humor after three tough days of waiting for the games to start is so welcome, thanks.

Reaction Score
I think it's more like keeping the peace in the house.
I sent my daughter off to the peace corp for that very reason. When she came back there was a different peace officer in our house every Saturday night. (partly kidding, she was peace corp in central America)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom