OT: - What happens to Brady next season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: What happens to Brady next season?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This is vastly overstated. He’s already a national brand based on is success and longevity. As far as making more fans, people already either hate or love Brady regardless of their fandom; him coming to someone’s team won’t push jersey sales, or expand his brand, like crazy. And if you’re talking about the Chargers, you are vastly overestimating how many charger fans are in LA lol. 43 year old Brady likely isn’t moving that needle much; many current LA (Rams) fans, even, used to be Raider fans. If I were a Raider fan I’d still hate Brady for what he was gifted in that AFC championship game lol

Him changing teams would 100% increase Jersey sales.

Reaction Score
I think he’d consider LA as a chance to spread the TB12 brand out west. Tenn is a long shot. Probably NE vs LA, 60% NE
He can go to LA after he retires to spread TB12. Going 7-9 on a bad Chargers team will hurt his brand. Also, nobody in LA likes the chargers

Reaction Score
No. A friend works with someone that played with Brady at Michigan - close enough to get a football signed for my friend. Says it's the Titans.
Funny, my friend who works at inside the nfl says he knows someone close to Brady who says it’s the Raiders.

the Q

Reaction Score
Funny, my friend who works at inside the nfl says he knows someone close to Brady who says it’s the Raiders.

I think the raiders are a better fit football scheme wise. But tenn could be a legit sb contender if they fix their pass d.

Reaction Score
Everyone assumes Belichick even wants him back. I don’t think that’s a given. He is tough to build an offense around, not mobile, and doesn‘t adjust well to new players. I think BB may want to adjust the offense pretty significantly and that means no Brady.

It’s the Patriots, Titans and Chargers as most likely. If Brady isn’t back it’s because Bill wanted to move on. Recent stuff from people supposedly close to this suggests that @huskyinfl is right and the Titans are an option. They need to decide on Tannehill.

He’s not a running QB but everything else you said regarding him is nonsense. He’s played with one new player after another. He isn’t adept at playing with no talent and winning the Super Bowl. He’s clearly adept at winning 12 games with garbage surrounding him.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Serious question, what's the TB12 brand? I'm assuming it's some brand Brady started, maybe with his wife? Does he sell sneakers like Jordan or is it some fashion thing with his wife?

He's the Tom Cruise of sports. Talented but weird as duck behind the curtain.

the Q

Reaction Score
Just not by some huge margin like “expanding his brand” or anything is all I was saying

I think most other places loathe his miserable cheating existence. It can only help to take someone else’s team and help it to grow his fan base.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s not a running QB but everything else you said regarding him is nonsense. He’s played with one new player after another. He isn’t adept at playing with no talent and winning the Super Bowl. He’s clearly adept at winning 12 games with garbage surrounding him.

I am a Patriots fan. But I know that they run the offense based on Brady’s reads at the line. And not many guys can make the same reads. That is why Hall of fame level WR like Harrison retired rather than trying to learn it. It’s what Chad Johnson failed. It’s an unsustainable offense. young guys cannot pick it up.

He wasn’t asked to play with no talent. He has had plenty of talent. The problems last year were mostly Tom not playing well and not adjusting. His sideline throws were terrible. His deep throws were bad. He can’t run.

We will see what happens. But I think Belichick knows there are better and cheaper options.

Reaction Score
There are surely more than a few Pats fans (and haters) on here. We should know in the next few weeks what the future holds for Brady, and have a better idea of what's in store for the Patriots. How does everyone think this will play out?

My gut feelings are:
  • I don't see the Cowboys thing playing out
  • Something about the Titans doesn't seem like a fit
  • Maybe the Raiders are the highest probability, with a return to New England 2nd?
As a Pats fan I sure hope he ends up somewhere else. He’s not worth anything close to what he’s going to command, he was a bottom 10 QB over the last 8 games of the season. THANKS for everything TB, but every run comes to an end.

Reaction Score

I like it being the Raiders. Not a Pats or TB fan, but if he goes to the Raiders...we see more Chuckie...and I like that idea.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Aj green way too injury prone. But in your defense, AB too mentally injury prone

It gives me pause for sure. He's on the bengals tho. Too much of a focus on him with no help. Half the time it's probably Dalton and QBs putting him in bad spots. Brady won't do that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What about Josh Gordon...they could call it the "TB12" and "Take 12" show...

Eh, guy's an addict, and has mental illness to contend with. I'm not ripping him for that. He's come from one of the roughest upbringings in pro sports.

I actually really like/respect the guy as a human being. Just battling with demons

Reaction Score
Eh, guy's an addict, and has mental illness to contend with. I'm not ripping him for that. He's come from one of the roughest upbringings in pro sports.

I actually really like/respect the guy as a human being. Just battling with demons

I dunno...is his addiction more than he just wants to fire one up every now and then day? And is his mental issue...that he keeps doing it? (I honestly don't know...but I see no problem with giving him shot after shot...eventually the rules are going to be changed to where they're not even testing for ganj anyway.)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I dunno...is his addiction more than he just wants to fire one up every now and then day? And is his mental issue...that he keeps doing it? (I honestly don't know...but I see no problem with giving him shot after shot...eventually the rules are going to be changed to where they're not even testing for ganj anyway.)

It's not just marijuana. And yeah, he's got legit addiction issues. Also documented mental health issues. He tries to treat his mental health issues with drugs, and it spirals from there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It’s his business with his con man trainer. Health stuff of dubious legitimacy.
I don't know him, nor do I have any reason or desire to defend Alex Guerrero. This post might be taken that way, but I can't do anything about that, so here goes...:

There seems to be as many anecdotal stories of TB12 helping players and laypeople alike as their are critical ones, not least of which is Tom Brady himself. With Guerrero's help, Brady has started 196 games since 2009 (in other words, every game allowable plus playoffs since the season following him beginning work with Guerrero) and has extended his prime more than a half decade beyond the retirement age, let alone effectiveness, of other recent Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

Player Age - end of prime/retirement
Marino 36/38
Montana 34/38
Troy Aikman 34/34 (Suffered a concussion as a result of a nasty LaVar Arrington hit, but maintains he retired due to because of back pain after the Cowboys released him.)
Steve Young 37/38
John Elway 37/38
Peyton Manning 37/39

At the end of the day, the TB12 method combines the principles of the Mediterranean Diet, massage therapy, and principles of pilates/yoga/stretching, and mental well being over heavy-weight training. Another player who uses alternative health maintenance in retirement is Brett Favre (40...argument can be made for 36/36, 37, 38, 39, 40, and 41) with his copper fit compression clothing. It seems reasonable to at least consider exploring alternative health practices, in the face of where healthcare "insurance" costs are, seem to be going, and pumping one's body with pharmaceutical after pharmaceutical to treat side effects of other pharmaceuticals.

Now to answer the question at hand...I think Brady wants to stay with the Patriots, and based purely on my own entertainment factor, I hope he either re-ups or retires. OTOH Belichick has a history of being unemotional with his philosophy of cutting players loose a year before they lose effectiveness than a year later. To which I say sign Brady for 2 years, and draft a QB at 23 or 2nd round.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It’s his business with his con man trainer. Health stuff of dubious legitimacy.

And yet, a lot of it is quite sound at the same time. Often happens with these things. No doubt it's worked out for him, and apparently a number of other players. Is what it is.

Reaction Score
I don't know him, nor do I have any reason or desire to defend Alex Guerrero. This post might be taken that way, but I can't do anything about that, so here goes...:

There seems to be as many anecdotal stories of TB12 helping players and laypeople alike as their are critical ones, not least of which is Tom Brady himself. With Guerrero's help, Brady has started 196 games since 2009 (in other words, every game allowable plus playoffs since the season following him beginning work with Guerrero) and has extended his prime more than a half decade beyond the retirement age, let alone effectiveness, of other recent Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

Guerrero is a well-documented fraudster. I get that Brady thinks of him as his guru but - aside from reading coverages - Brady has never struck me as the brightest guy in the world. The guy thinks he can prevent concussions by drinking water.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Everyone assumes Belichick even wants him back. I don’t think that’s a given. He is tough to build an offense around, not mobile, and doesn‘t adjust well to new players. I think BB may want to adjust the offense pretty significantly and that means no Brady.

It’s the Patriots, Titans and Chargers as most likely. If Brady isn’t back it’s because Bill wanted to move on. Recent stuff from people supposedly close to this suggests that @huskyinfl is right and the Titans are an option. They need to decide on Tannehill.

Brady isn't gonna play for the Chargers. They suck and his only moto is to win.

The Pats have communicated through various channels they want him back. BB has said, over and over and over again, there's no QB he'd rather have. He doesn't just throw plaudits out there. It's not his way. Bill likes Brady because of his supernatural intelligence and ability to make split second, correct decisions.

You gotta consider the alternatives. There's nothing on the market that is appealing rn. 2 years of TB gives you time to plan accordingly.

IF they can make it work, great. I think they'll pull out all the stops to do so.

I think BB may want to adjust the offense pretty significantly and that means no Brady.

What remotely gives you this idea? It's a completely dominant offense. They had a completley crap offensive year last year and they were still top 10. Hell, it's not even Bill's offense to begin with. It's Charlie Weiss's.

If they surround Brady with any kind of offensive talent at the skill positions (they had one of the biggest dearths of that in the league last year), they'll be Top 5 competing for the top spot.

Reaction Score

Player Age - end of prime/retirement
Marino 36/38
Montana 34/38
Troy Aikman 34/34 (Suffered a concussion as a result of a nasty LaVar Arrington hit, but maintains he retired due to because of back pain after the Cowboys released him.)
Steve Young 37/38
John Elway 37/38
Peyton Manning 37/39

At the end of the day, the TB12 method combines the principles of the Mediterranean Diet, massage therapy, and principles of pilates/yoga/stretching, and mental well being over heavy-weight training. Another player who uses alternative health maintenance in retirement is Brett Favre (40...argument can be made for 36/36, 37, 38, 39, 40, and 41) with his copper fit compression clothing. It seems reasonable to at least consider exploring alternative health practices, in the face of where healthcare "insurance" costs are, seem to be going, and pumping one's body with pharmaceutical after pharmaceutical to treat side effects of other pharmaceuticals.

Now to answer the question at hand...I think Brady wants to stay with the Patriots, and based purely on my own entertainment factor, I hope he either re-ups or retires. OTOH Belichick has a history of being unemotional with his philosophy of cutting players loose a year before they lose effectiveness than a year later. To which I say sign Brady for 2 years, and draft a QB at 23 or 2nd round.
Guerrero is a snake oil salesman, been popped for making unverified claims for his products, like one that he claimed helped the concussion recovery process I believe

there was another product where that happened too

Reaction Score
Guerrero is a well-documented fraudster. I get that Brady thinks of him as his guru but - aside from reading coverages - Brady has never struck me as the brightest guy in the world. The guy thinks he can prevent concussions by drinking water.
Not to mention, it’s not like adequate hydration is some revolutionary development for fostering long-term health. None of what he does is anything new. Eat clean! Sleep! Stretch your muscles! Wow!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom