What do we know about the Andre Jackson injury? | The Boneyard

What do we know about the Andre Jackson injury?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Quietly it’s been said that it’s a little more serious than we were initially led to believe. On the zoom call the other day Hurley said that he’s on a similar time table as Polley, ie. Sometime in October. Do we know exactly what happened?

Reaction Score
Im not sure since it seems like its been kept quiet like you said, but isn't it a knee issue? Im a little worried about injuries with this team to be honest. Last year we had Polley and Akok go down. Now Andre Jackson is dealing with what seems like a lingering injury, and Brendan Adams is dealing with a foot/ankle issue and is not 100% from what we read either.

Reaction Score
Im not sure since it seems like its been kept quiet like you said, but isn't it a knee issue? Im a little worried about injuries with this team to be honest. Last year we had Polley and Akok go down. Now Andre Jackson is dealing with what seems like a lingering injury, and Brendan Adams is dealing with a foot/ankle issue and is not 100% from what we read either.
I want Tyrese Martin to be able to play anyway, but if any of these injuries linger into November, then it will be even more important to have him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they said everyone will be ready by the end of November, besides Akok im assuming.

C

Chief00

And October may really be August in Hurley’s World, if the season starts after the first semester.

Reaction Score

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I think we’re going to see hoops around Thanksgiving. Just my opinion. Maybe wishful thinking....
I mean if they're gonna do a bubble anyways they might as well start on time.

C

Chief00

I think we’re going to see hoops around Thanksgiving. Just my opinion. Maybe wishful thinking....
There may be some truth to that if they go forward with out of conference tournaments in some bubble format. Don’t forget many schools such as UConn are not going back after Thanksgiving.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Quietly it’s been said that it’s a little more serious than we were initially led to believe. On the zoom call the other day Hurley said that he’s on a similar time table as Polley, ie. Sometime in October. Do we know exactly what happened?
Thanks for asking this. Also is AJ's leg issue a pre existing deal? Looking forward to seeing him but really hoping he's using this time to comply and heal.

Reaction Score
Was told from someone yesterday who was playing with him that he tore his meniscus. Sounds like it happened awhile ago at this point and he should be fine. I think he delayed the surgery which might explain why the timeline was pushed back. But it sounds like he’ll be ready to go soon.

Reaction Score
Was told from someone yesterday who was playing with him that he tore his meniscus. Sounds like it happened awhile ago at this point and he should be fine. I think he delayed the surgery which might explain why the timeline was pushed back. But it sounds like he’ll be ready to go soon.
Well, I know this has been said before, but if there was ever a year for the season to get delayed, this would be the time since it helps us tremendously with giving Polley, Akok, and Jackson more time to heal.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@superjohn I dont know if you saw the video of Tre'davious White choking up about his new contract extension, but this is partially what you mean when you were talking about asking these kids to give up playing major college sports. White wasn't going to be a second rounder until he played very well in his final year as LSU, and because he was able to play, he created generational wealth for his family.

This is what you're asking of these athletes in many cases. It's not just for our entertainment, not playing could permanently take away the opportunity to do that for so many athletes. Even someone like Bouknight needs this season to boost his stock into the lottery, which is much better than being a late first or second rounder. You never see anyone on the lockdown side talk about the economic impact of anything.

Reaction Score
Well, I know this has been said before, but if there was ever a year for the season to get delayed, this would be the time since it helps us tremendously with giving Polley, Akok, and Jackson more time to heal.
Yeah there’s a bit of injury uncertainty with a lot of our guys including BA which is never ideal. But from what everyone has said about Polley and what I’ve heard about AJ, they should be ready to roll by the seasons start whenever that is.

Really curious for AA, there’s not a ton of historical precedence to go off with this injury at his size and age. Guessing they’ll be extremely cautious with him. Seems like Breanna Stewart has bounced back well and it sounds like KD has progressed really well, so I’m hopeful for AA. Kid deserves it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
@superjohn I dont know if you saw the video of Tre'davious White choking up about his new contract extension, but this is partially what you mean when you were talking about asking these kids to give up playing major college sports. White wasn't going to be a second rounder until he played very well in his final year as LSU, and because he was able to play, he created generational wealth for his family.

This is what you're asking of these athletes in many cases. It's not just for our entertainment, not playing could permanently take away the opportunity to do that for so many athletes. Even someone like Bouknight needs this season to boost his stock into the lottery, which is much better than being a late first or second rounder. You never see anyone on the lockdown side talk about the economic impact of anything.

What is with this fiction that if everyone runs wild like you want, economic activity will revert back to normal?

Pretending the virus went away and attempting to play a normal season would not be the bed of roses you believe it is, especially for the players.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Wrong thread...

Reaction Score
A
At 48 years old, I tore both meniscus. I recovered very quickly bc I was in decent shape. I was walking the same day as surgery and was in PT the week after with no pain. I imagine a young elite athlete will recover from ortho in a very short period of time.

Reaction Score
At 48 years old, I tore both meniscus. I recovered very quickly bc I was in decent shape. I was walking the same day as surgery and was in PT the week after with no pain. I imagine a young elite athlete will recover from ortho in a very short period of time.

There are so many variables with meniscus tears, as I'm sure @Doctor Hoop could attest to. I don't know much but I know of kids who have recovered in a matter.of weeks and some that are in pain for months after surgery

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
There are so many variables with meniscus tears, as I'm sure @Doctor Hoop could attest to. I don't know much but I know of kids who have recovered in a matter.of weeks and some that are in pain for months after surgery
Definitely depends on the type of tear (size, location, etc.), the type of intervention, etc. Generally, short term prognosis is great for a first time tear.

Running and jumping (especially as high as he does) as much as a D1 basketball player does on a hardwood floor is not natural and causes a lot of wear and tear. So I think your biggest concern is longer term degeneration of cartilage in his knee over his career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom