What are you binge watching? | Page 40 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anybody start watching Andor? First two episodes are pretty slow and go nowhere. Third episode pulls it together and we now have a story. Should have been one long pilot episode. Nice to see Stellan Skarsgard. I actually think these side stories within the Star Wars universe have a lot of potential. This is a spin off of Rogue One which the first movie with no real direct connection to the cast of the original movies. Have evidently seen Adria Arjona in several things but I never really noticed her like I do in this one.
Best Star War series imo. Just finished the final episode of season 1. Very compelling. Hopefully season 2 will be just as well written and directed.

Reaction Score
I watched the first half of the final season of Manifest on Netflix. This show has been discussed before, so I won't re-hash, but it was a network show that was canceled after three seasons and then picked up by Netflix. Other than a change in actor for one of the lead roles, there was no discernable difference between the network show and the Netflix version. The show is good, not great. Story line is decent, even if the acting isn't always stellar. I think the final episodes will come out next year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A few updates:

Mythic Quest - Season 3 is off to a great start. One of the best comedies right now. Charlotte Nicdao's Poppy Lee character is incredible, initially very appealing and harmless, but over time you realize she is the most condescending, selfish, nasty person on a show of condescending, selfish, nasty people. Great writing and great acting all around.

White Lotus - I am almost halfway through Season 1. The reviews were insufferable and made the show sound overly woke, preachy and annoying, which is why I didn't watch it until now. This show is much more layered and interesting than I expected. A minor quibble is that Jennifer Coolidge plays the same character in everything she does, so she didn't deserve an Emmy for this.

Welcome to Chippendales (Hulu) - This has a ton of potential through 2 episodes. The true story is nutso, so there is a lot to work with.

Reaction Score
As Hulu queues up the next new episode of whatever series you're watching, I've found it disconcerting to watch The Patient immediately followed by Reboot.

Truth be told, I'm kind of glad The Patient is over. I had too many questions, like does the doc ever get his laundry done, and how does that work. If not, that basement had to be ripe.
Finished The Patient last night, the acting was great from the two leads but it was a pretty awful series overall.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Finished White Lotus Season 1. The final episode kind of sucked, but maybe it doesn't matter. I have to think about it some more.

Fleischman in Trouble (Hulu) - is promising, but I know a bit about the book and I am not sure the show will be able to pull it off.

Reaction Score
White Lotus season 2 is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Holy moly...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
10 episodes of Irreverent premiered yesterday. So far, it's a fun watch.

A criminal from Chicago is forced to hide in a small Australian reef town posing as the new church Reverend.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
10 episodes of Irreverent premiered yesterday. So far, it's a fun watch.

A criminal from Chicago is forced to hide in a small Australian reef town posing as the new church Reverend.

Is this simply Lilyhammer with wallabys?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Is this simply Lilyhammer with wallabys?

More like a cross between Lilyhammer and Northern Exposure.

I'm at episode 5 now, and like it. A minister stole $1.6 mil from a mafia fixer that was to be used as compensation from his boss to a rival for killing his kids. The exchange goes bad, and he runs.

The fixer has to pretend to be the minister in his new job in order to track him down.

Long story short. Without money he's stuck being the minister until he can get enough money for a new identity.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched 2 episodes of "Wednesday." Fairly interesting. I'll definitely continue.
Same, first two last night. I like it so far. Jenna Ortega was a good choice. It shows some promise.

Reaction Score
Just watched the first episode of “Wednesday.” Was never a big Adams Family fan, but this is funny - and good! The girl who plays Wednesday is good, and Catherine Zeta Jones is a great Morticia!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I just finished "The Devil's Hour" on Amazon Prime. Excellent story and acting. Not your cookie cutter story. It has a "Sixth Sense" vibe to it. (This is NOT a spoiler.) Only six episodes, and the last episode explains everything pretty well. I highly recommend.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Same, first two last night. I like it so far. Jenna Ortega was a good choice. It shows some promise.
I'm 4 eps. in now and no drop off. It's probably binge worthy, I just haven't found the time recently. I'm sure I'll finish it off soon.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There is some cool cello music in "Wednesday." A version of "Paint It Black," something from Four Seasons, and a Metallica song. That last one had a certain flair to it, I immediately wondered if it was Apocalyptica, and it is.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There was a cool dance scene too. Jenna Ortega choreographed it. She's not really a dancer, but she put her mind to figuring out how Wednesday would dance and came up with this.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There was a cool dance scene too. Jenna Ortega choreographed it. She's not really a dancer, but she put her mind to figuring out how Wednesday would dance and came up with this.
The Dance moves are all pulled from the original scenes of Wednesday dancing in Adams family. There are tons of TikTok videos of them side by side.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Dance moves are all pulled from the original scenes of Wednesday dancing in Adams family. There are tons of TikTok videos of them side by side.

Interesting In interviews Ortega says she pulled stuff from a number of influences--Fosse, Siouxsie Sioux, 80s goth dance clubs...maybe a few other things.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Peripheral was a slow build to not really much of a pay off IMO. The season started with enough intrigue but didn't really go much of anywhere as it progressed.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Thanks for the recs, folks. I never gave White Lotus a single thought as I skimmed over it. Now I'm 4 episodes in a really like it. Daughter and I watched E1 of Wednesday (which I also wouldn't have paid attention to), and liked it a lot too.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Inside Man (Netflix) - got good reviews and word of mouth, but it isn't as clever as it thinks it is. The core kick off to the plot doesn't really hold together, which makes the rest of the plot not quite hold together. It is entertaining if you don't watch it too closely though.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Finished Wednesday. It was quite good honestly. As @nwhoopfan noted, Ortega cribbed from both the original Wednesday dances and Siouxsie Sioux, Fosse and others from the 80s. Talked to my 19 year old daughter and she said the 80s and New Wave we coming back anyway among her age group, but this put it over the top. I remember New Wave Night at Huskies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Finished Wednesday. It was quite good honestly. As @nwhoopfan noted, Ortega cribbed from both the original Wednesday dances and Siouxsie Sioux, Fosse and others from the 80s. Talked to my 19 year old daughter and she said the 80s and New Wave we coming back anyway among her age group, but this put it over the top. I remember New Wave Night at Huskies.
I’ve said it here before, but the 80s had the best bad music ever. Not necessarily great songs or great performances, but eminently listenable. Flock of Seagulls, Men At Work, Culture Club, etc. there’s a lot of good stuff in there.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I just finished "The Devil's Hour" on Amazon Prime. Excellent story and acting. Not your cookie cutter story. It has a "Sixth Sense" vibe to it. (This is NOT a spoiler.) Only six episodes, and the last episode explains everything pretty well. I highly recommend.
I am just starting episode 3 and am very intrigued!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom