What are you binge watching? | Page 32 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
I've said for a while that I can't think of a better example of "nailing the casting" like they did with the actor that plays Bosch. Just a perfect representation of who and what he represents in the books. Legacy was a bit of a disappointment so far, we are 3 eps in - doesn't quite have the same tone - something is off. It's not major, just something that keeps it from matching the original. Also would like to see more appearances from his old partner Jerry.

Agree 1 Million percent. Titus Welliver is from New Haven.

I don’t know why, maybe it’s because of his role in Sons of Anarchy but I always assumed he was Irish or something.

I’m on the second season right now and my interest is growing. Stories about the LAPD almost always catch my interest (Hello Heat and Vincent Hanna). Actually a Bosch/Vincent Hanna crossover would be pretty awesome.

Love this show.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Peaky Blinders Season 6. Great ending to one of the best television series of all time.
Pretty much confirmed that instead of an S7 there will be a feature film tying up everything, but doesn't start filming till next year and won't be released until 2025. Murphy and Anderson have been confirmed. I hope Tom Hardy is in it. Alfie is one of my all-time favorite characters of any show ever.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The Man Who Fell to Earth

The new series, not the old movie.

Alien from another planet comes to earth looking for help to save his planet, and earth.

Starts out well, but I'm losing interest by episode 6. I'll keep watching, but it's getting weird.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I watched it at some point, but it's been quite a while. Watched a couple episodes of Freaks and Geeks last night. That show had a killer cast.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Season 4 of Stranger Things is missing something, which I can’t pinpoint through 5 episodes. It just isn’t as much fun. A show with plot lines this ridiculous needs to have a little more fun to it or it starts to feel like a chore.

Reaction Score
Season 4 of Stranger Things is missing something, which I can’t pinpoint through 5 episodes. It just isn’t as much fun. A show with plot lines this ridiculous needs to have a little more fun to it or it starts to feel like a chore.
Episode 7 was the best episode of the entire catalog, IMHO.

Reaction Score
I am on season 2 episode 3 and I will say, it almost seems like they wrote the script for 1 season. But I will carry on. John Leguizamo has entered the fray so I'm giving it a chance.
I finished the 3rd season of Bloodline. I thought season 2 was actually better than season 1 because things continued to get crazy. The 3rd season finished as a dud, I think. Too much Sissy Spacek and not enough Linda Cardellini. It always felt like it was building up to something but never quite climaxed.

On to "Stranger Things"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is anybody else watching the new Orville show? It was mentioned a few pages back. I'm on episode 4 and it's decent so far.

However, at the start of the first episode they introduce Ensign Charly Burke and I immediately think "I bet Seth is dating her". Yep. The guy definitely has a pattern here.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jeez, speaking of The Orville. Went A LOT of episodes without any Moclan drama, until this week. Every one of those episodes is such a slog to get thru. Klyden is just the worst, needs to get pushed out of an airlock pronto.

Reaction Score
Through the first 4 episodes of Season 2 of Physical on Apple TV. I really like the show and I tried to think of why. The storyline and the retro vibe are well done, but I think it just comes back to the performance by the lead actress (Rose Byrne). She's a mess inside her screwed up head and barely holding it together. No clue where this season ends up right now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Season 2 of Only Murders in the Building coming the end of June. Not sure if some will only be cameos or new regular characters, but I saw Michael Rapaport, Cara Delevigne and Amy Schumer in the trailer.

Just finished Season 1 this morning. Nailed the killer in episode 6.

Will start watching Season 2 tonight.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I finished the 3rd season of Bloodline. I thought season 2 was actually better than season 1 because things continued to get crazy. The 3rd season finished as a dud, I think. Too much Sissy Spacek and not enough Linda Cardellini. It always felt like it was building up to something but never quite climaxed.

On to "Stranger Things"

Finished Season 4 of Stranger Things this morning. No spoiler alerts from me, but I will say the Will Byers character, played by Noah Scnapp, annoys the crap out of me. He was one of the focal points of season 1 and he has become more annoying and less relevant every season since then. He could have been completely written out of season 4 and had no impact on any plot line.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Bear on FX/Hulu. I am only three episodes in, but this show is AWESOME. It stars Jeremey Allen White (Lip from Shameless), who plays a similar character to the one he played in Shameless. The show is about a sandwich shop in Chicago run by Carmen (Jeremey Allen White) and Richard (awesomely played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach). Ayo Edebiri plays a GenZ know-it-all that can barely hold her stuff together. The show is funny and intelligent and stressful to watch. It does a deep dive into the food service industry, making it look awful to be in but also interesting to watch. All the characters are interesting. An inspector spends 3 minutes on screen and you wonder what her backstory is.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Finished Season 4 of Stranger Things this morning. No spoiler alerts from me, but I will say the Will Byers character, played by Noah Scnapp, annoys the crap out of me. He was one of the focal points of season 1 and he has become more annoying and less relevant every season since then. He could have been completely written out of season 4 and had no impact on any plot line.
Eventually they will just need to have him come out of the closet. His brother figured it out at least. Mike, the homeliest kid in TV history, somehow attracts Millie Bobble Brown and Will. Seems unlikely. Agree he’s just been whiny and annoying.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Binge watched “The Terminal List”. Good, mindless revenge . A Navy seal watches his squad ambushed and murdered on a mission in Syria. The plot deepens from there. 4 out of 5 stars. 8 episodes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
"The Hidden Lives of Pets" is a breezy 4 part series on Netflix, about 30 minutes each. I'm halfway thru. Some fascinating stuff, and lots of cuteness of course.

I've long thought most animals are more intelligent than we generally give them credit for. That whole problem of not being able to talk to us (I mean literally with words, obviously most critters have vocalizations) largely inhibits our ability to understand them and all they are capable of.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Haven't seen Time Travelers Wife mentioned.

Just started watching. Very weird to start. A little girl is playing in a field and hears a noise in the bushes. A man's voice says he's Henry. Girl asks why she can't see him. "Because I'm naked." She gets him some of her dad's clothes.

He explains he's a time traveler, and will appear there many times, but always naked.

Weird to follow. And just weird, but well done.

Edit: And ... It was canceled three hour ago.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That's the danger of investing time/interest in any new show. So many of them get cancelled so quickly.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That's the danger of investing time/interest in any new show. So many of them get cancelled so quickly.

Sounds weird, but I often wait until a show is renewed before starting to watch it. I love shows like The Orville, Mandalorian, etc. But I've gotten into the habit of binge watching a show and hate waiting week to week. I've lost interest in some good shows when they play six episodes, then I have to wait a year for another season.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The Bear on FX/Hulu. I am only three episodes in, but this show is AWESOME. It stars Jeremey Allen White (Lip from Shameless), who plays a similar character to the one he played in Shameless. The show is about a sandwich shop in Chicago run by Carmen (Jeremey Allen White) and Richard (awesomely played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach). Ayo Edebiri plays a GenZ know-it-all that can barely hold her stuff together. The show is funny and intelligent and stressful to watch. It does a deep dive into the food service industry, making it look awful to be in but also interesting to watch. All the characters are interesting. An inspector spends 3 minutes on screen and you wonder what her backstory is.
Agreed. We've watched 3 episodes and really like it. Great casting job across the board.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Outer Range. Prime. This is pretty intense and interesting so far. Good acting jobs by the cast, starting with Josh Brolin. It's set in Wyoming on a massive ranch owned by Royal Abbott (Brolin) and his wife (Lili Taylor) that abuts another even more massive ranch owned by a rich eccentric, Wayne Tillerson (Will Patton). There are two Abbott sons, and three Tillerson sons. Imogen Poots shows up as a nature obsessed hippy poet who wants to camp on the Abbott land. But she's weird. There's something more. And there's something more with Tillerson as well, and then with Royal Abbott. Some unexplained, possibly supernatural stuff if going on. The storyline is compelling and keeps your attention (at least through episode 5). The scenery is stunning, with the Teton mountains as the backdrop to both ranches.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Haven't seen Time Travelers Wife mentioned.

Just started watching. Very weird to start. A little girl is playing in a field and hears a noise in the bushes. A man's voice says he's Henry. Girl asks why she can't see him. "Because I'm naked." She gets him some of her dad's clothes.

He explains he's a time traveler, and will appear there many times, but always naked.

Weird to follow. And just weird, but well done.

A movie came out around 12 years ago with Rachel McAdams if you're interested in the story.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A movie came out around 12 years ago with Rachel McAdams if you're interested in the story.

'Watched it yesterday. Really liked it, but still a little creeped out with the "thank heavens for little girls" theme.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom