What are you binge watching? | Page 21 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
Yes. I think so. But it depends on why you stopped. The real world episodes are quite different for sure. But it wades into Blade Runner territory in some respects.
I watched the first 2 seasons and then just kind of forgot about it once season 3 came out, so now forgot a lot of what happened

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have no idea what is happening on the remote planet in Foundation, and am therefore struggling to get through the season. The show also feels a bit like homework. I can handle one show like that, Westworld, once every 18 months.

You‘re observations match mine. Like Witcher (which is a bit more fun and exciting while it’s happening), Foundation does some time displacement showing scenes from different times without informing you that that’s what it’s doing. So yeah, there is some work as with Westworld.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Started fairly late last night, but got a couple episodes into "Ghosts," will watch more. Rose McIver is always charming. She pretty much looks like a different person when she isn't in zombie makeup. Her costar Utkarsh Ambudkar is one of those guys, you know you've seen him somewhere, can't quite figure out where. They play a young married couple who have inherited a mansion out in the country and decide to turn it into a B&B and flee NYC. Problem is the house is inhabited by a bunch of ghosts from different eras. Rose has a near death experience and suddenly is able to see/hear all the ghosts. I guess it's a remake of a British series. Got some chuckles out of it, and like I said Rose McIver...

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Started fairly late last night, but got a couple episodes into "Ghosts," will watch more. Rose McIver is always charming. She pretty much looks like a different person when she isn't in zombie makeup. Her costar Utkarsh Ambudkar is one of those guys, you know you've seen him somewhere, can't quite figure out where. They play a young married couple who have inherited a mansion out in the country and decide to turn it into a B&B and flee NYC. Problem is the house is inhabited by a bunch of ghosts from different eras. Rose has a near death experience and suddenly is able to see/hear all the ghosts. I guess it's a remake of a British series. Got some chuckles out of it, and like I said Rose McIver...
I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes and I thought it was pretty funny. Just got busy and stopped keeping up with it. Might go catch up now!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes and I thought it was pretty funny. Just got busy and stopped keeping up with it. Might go catch up now!
I watched another ep. Hulu is starting to irk me. The first ep. was commercial free. The longer you watch, the more ads they bombard you with. I can't understand why I have to watch ads while I'm streaming something, on a platform I'm paying a subscription for. It's ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Rewatched Season 3 of Ozark to prep for the release of Season 4 this week.

It was clear that Wendy loves the power piece and just wants to keep growing and getting more. At times, it looks like Marty wants out, but does he really? Is he the same where he is drunk off the game and wants more as well? I feel like he could oust Navarro in the end and show that he's really the big monster here and always has been.

Reaction Score
my sister gave me her hulu account so watching Fargo season 4 and season 10 of American Horror Story

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Started something new yesterday, Peacemaker on HBOMax. If you saw Suicide Squad, which was pretty bad, he was one of the criminal "heroes". Had very low expectations that this would be good. Surprise, it actually is. Mostly because it is 2/3 comedy 1/3 hero action show. John Cena is a pretty bad actor, but his clumsiness works with this character. It's a bit rough around the edges and might offend some people. The opening credit scene with Cena and others dancing is pretty funny the first time too, and sets the tone.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Only Murders in the Building. Hulu. Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez all live in a nice Manhattan apartment. This is actually a really cute, funny and enjoyable show. Has a bit of mystery. If you are looking for something light, as compared to some of the very heavy stuff in this list, it could fit. Martin Short is really the funniest of the three leads in this. Steve Martin is the more restrained character. Selena Gomez reminded me of how cute and funny she was in Wizards. She needs to stick to things like this. It has been renewed for a second season.

Side question. Now that we don't watch most things as released, does cancellation impact your viewing. Are you less likely to watch say, Lovecraft Country now, since it was cancelled? More likely to watch something like Yellowstone (if you haven't) now that season 4 is confirmed?

Reaction Score
Side question. Now that we don't watch most things as released, does cancellation impact your viewing. Are you less likely to watch say, Lovecraft Country now, since it was cancelled? More likely to watch something like Yellowstone (if you haven't) now that season 4 is confirmed?

I take it case by case in this instance. For example, I started Lovecraft when it came out and only got a couple episodes in, I’ll likely not return (but might’ve had it been renewed). A show like Cowboy Bebop I’ll still probably muscle through since I loved the anime so much back in the day. In other cases if a show had a couple seasons before the axe I might still give it a go, especially if I’ve heard they were allowed to end it satisfactorily, even with how rare that is.

The list of things to watch is too long as it is. That’s while I love when a really good, self contained limited series comes along.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe binge isn't the right word, only 2 episodes were available on Hulu so far. I enjoyed Sofia Black-D'Elia in "The Mick," seen just a tiny bit of her in movies. She's headlining her own show "Single Drunk Female." It is what it sounds like. She hits bottom, has to move back home with her mom and work through the realities of being an alcoholic. It has some comedic elements, but it's really not a comedy. Has some potential. Ally Sheedy plays her mom--completely unrecognizable to me.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We wrapped up The Great last night. A historical period piece about Catherine The Great and her rise to power in Russia. Season 2 saw Elle Fanning as the lead and overall, pretty good. Nicholas Hoult is outstanding again. And I think Adam Godley stood out, too, as the archbishop...named Archie. Gillian Anderson appears in 3 episodes as Catherine's listing mom. She does great as a pure prude and demeaning bitch.

This show won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Excellent twists are having the entire ensemble with British accents. "Huzzah!!"

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Maybe binge isn't the right word, only 2 episodes were available on Hulu so far. I enjoyed Sofia Black-D'Elia in "The Mick," seen just a tiny bit of her in movies. She's headlining her own show "Single Drunk Female." It is what it sounds like. She hits bottom, has to move back home with her mom and work through the realities of being an alcoholic. It has some comedic elements, but it's really not a comedy. Has some potential. Ally Sheedy plays her mom--completely unrecognizable to me.

Ally Sheedy has been completely unrecognizable since the say after Breakfast Club. I've never seen anyone age that fast.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We wrapped up The Great last night. A historical period piece about Catherine The Great and her rise to power in Russia. Season 2 saw Elle Fanning as the lead and overall, pretty good. Nicholas Hoult is outstanding again. And I think Adam Godley stood out, too, as the archbishop...named Archie. Gillian Anderson appears in 3 episodes as Catherine's listing mom. She does great as a pure prude and demeaning bitch.

This show won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Excellent twists are having the entire ensemble with British accents. "Huzzah!!"

Calling it a period piece is a stretch, but it is entertaining and very funny at times. I didn't love the last 30 minutes of the season finale, but overall Season 2 was very good and I would strongly recommend it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Rewatched Season 3 of Ozark to prep for the release of Season 4 this week.

It was clear that Wendy loves the power piece and just wants to keep growing and getting more. At times, it looks like Marty wants out, but does he really? Is he the same where he is drunk off the game and wants more as well? I feel like he could oust Navarro in the end and show that he's really the big monster here and always has been.

I watched the first episode of season 4, and I have one question: Is Ozark jumping the shark?

The cartel guy killing the sheriff was ridiculous. I will probably still watch the rest of Season 4, but I have a big problem with this scene. If the characters can murder cops with impunity, then what is the point of anything they do? They might as well be casting spells and traveling through time. I also have a problem with Wendy spending the first episode screaming at everyone.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did some digging around in the Hulu menu, tried a few episodes of several shows last night--Only Murders in the Building, Looking for Alaska, and Man Seeking Woman. Enjoyed all 3 enough to keep going.

Reaction Score
Looking For Alaska was an enjoyable read, I really think they nailed the casting on the series. Really hit most of the tenor of the book.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looking For Alaska was an enjoyable read, I really think they nailed the casting on the series. Really hit most of the tenor of the book.
I recognize Kristine Froseth from "The Society," I like her.

Reaction Score
I watched the first episode of season 4, and I have one question: Is Ozark jumping the shark?

The cartel guy killing the sheriff was ridiculous. I will probably still watch the rest of Season 4, but I have a big problem with this scene. If the characters can murder cops with impunity, then what is the point of anything they do? They might as well be casting spells and traveling through time. I also have a problem with Wendy spending the first episode screaming at everyone.
I'd guess you have to let it play out to know for sure. I can totally buy some fool cartel member thinking you can murder cops with impunity in the US just like Mexico. Whether that turns out to be true remains to be seen, I's wager.

Reaction Score
My wife and I started watching this a while ago and are keeping up with it as each episode comes out. Most humorous, refreshing network sit-com that I can recall in forever. Some really good characters and some really good laughs. Highly recommended.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A Discovery of Witches. Started season 3. This is a British shown on Sky One that is available on two streaming channels, Shudder and Sundance. I got Shudder via Prime. It starts Mathew Goode and Teresa Palmer. I read the books and enjoyed them, even if the third is a bit much. So this seemed natural, plus, I had a mild crush on Teresa Palmer back to Warm Bodies. The casting and acting are good. It's slightly low budget but makes good use of some on location shots in France, Italy and London. It has an interesting twist on the conventional witches & vampires are real storyline, namely science. In some ways that helps makes it work. When the lead vampire is a genetic researcher trying to understand his species, that's a cool spin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom