What are you binge watching? | Page 20 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
I just watched Cowboy Bebop on Netflix. Really cool world, light and fun and started off pretty cool then kind of meandered around before finishing in a pretty dark place. 3/5*

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just watched Cowboy Bebop on Netflix. Really cool world, light and fun and started off pretty cool then kind of meandered around before finishing in a pretty dark place. 3/5*

I debated watching that last night, when I chose Oblivion instead.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I debated watching that last night, when I chose Oblivion instead.
I liked Oblivion but I am a sucker for the whole “lead character isn’t who he thinks he is“ genre.

CL82

Reaction Score
I just finished Burn Notice. I have to say that was satisfying series finale.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We just power through 4 episodes of The Chair. About 30 minutes each.

Sandy Oh stars as a newly appointed chair of a hurtin' English Department at Pembroke University. Immediately the drama begins as the dinosaur professors are well-paid with classes with no enrollment.

Oh is excellent here. So is Jay Duplass. Also, Holland Taylor and David Morse.

6 episodes total on Netflix.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is anybody watching The Great on Hulu. Loved season 1 and season 2 has now dropped. Nicholas Hoult as Peter is absolutely hilarious. Elle Fanning is super cute as Catherine the Great and the whole cast is really good. Super entertaining. Funny, bawdy, sexy and clever.
Loved the first season. Thanx for the heads up on the new season.

Reaction Score
The Tudors for like the third time. The costumes are an amazing attention to detail. How much did that cost?! Also been watching anything Charles Manson. Sick...sick...sick dude, but with his start...I can't see his life being any other way.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Anyone seen Search Party? I am 3 episodes in. It has promise, but it also looks like it could go completely off the rails. Not sure I want to invest a bunch of time to find it which direction it takes. Has anyone seen it?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just finished up Season 3 (final season) of Hanna. I saw the movie and the show became one of my “watch when the wife is doing something else” shows. It’s ridiculous at times, just as the Bourne movies are, but ultimately gets better and isn’t bad really.

CL82

Reaction Score
Farscape is now on Comet and YTTV. I watched this when it first came out and liked it, but I wasn’t sure how it would hold up. It’s not bad those special effects and make up a lie look a little bit different in high definition. The plot line, which is basically American astronaut gets thrown through a wormhole into an area space in which aliens are common place in more developed, is holding up through the first few episodes that I watched.

The other show that I’m watching now is Alone. It is a reality show in which contestants are dropped off, alone, with 10 items and video equipment in extreme locations and compete to see who can last the longest. I like it because it seems unstaged. People can in frequently do get injured or sick in these environments and have to get medevac’d out. It’s different from shows where you know there is a film crew out there with them. It’s interesting to see what people prioritize, for example, early on do you build shelter or look for food. How much shelter do you build? Do you do a simple lean to, or build something more substantial. Building, say a cabin, takes energy which requires calories, and also takes time, which could be otherwise used for getting food. Finding the optimal mix of shelter versus food is part of the yearly challenges as are conflicts with predators, which are not particularly fearful of humans in remote locations. It is definitely a good watch.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I just finished season 2 of The Witcher and have since read two of the prequel books and almost done with the first novel. Show differs from the books, but in a way that makes sense for the show to make sense to viewers. The first two prequel are really just compilation of short stories and even the novel, the story telling isn't exactly linear. If you liked GOT, LOTR, and other fantasy stuff, youll like The Witcher

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I just finished season 2 of The Witcher and have since read two of the prequel books and almost done with the first novel. Show differs from the books, but in a way that makes sense for the show to make sense to viewers. The first two prequel are really just compilation of short stories and even the novel, the story telling isn't exactly linear. If you liked GOT, LOTR, and other fantasy stuff, youll like The Witcher

I like it. Not quite done with season 2. I will note for anybody who hasn't seen it, season 1 is confusing at first. It jumps time from moment to moment and you may not realize what you are seeing is 20 years in the past. I wish it had employed some device to make that more obvious.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We're back to watching The Great with Elle Fanning and the hysterical Nicholas Hoult. The coup took place but they knew they had to keep Peter around.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We're back to watching The Great with Elle Fanning and the hysterical Nicholas Hoult. The coup took place but they knew they had to keep Peter around.

He deserves an Emmy. He's so good, so funny, I don't know how he or the cast keep a straight face. His many iterations of the word "huzzah" after nearly everything he says is brilliant. Each time it's slightly different, like it has 100 different meanings.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
I like it. Not quite done with season 2. I will note for anybody who hasn't seen it, season 1 is confusing at first. It jumps time from moment to moment and you may not realize what you are seeing is 20 years in the past. I wish it had employed some device to make that more obvious.
Agree with how confusing season 1 was. It was largely based off the first two prequel books and Ciri isn't even present in the story until the end of the second one. Yennefer is sprinkled in, but her whole back story and transformation you see in season 1 isn't included in the books.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Agree with how confusing season 1 was. It was largely based off the first two prequel books and Ciri isn't even present in the story until the end of the second one. Yennefer is sprinkled in, but her whole back story and transformation you see in season 1 isn't included in the books.

I tried to read the books and they didn’t work for me. Maybe the translation from Polish. My backstory came from the Witcher 3 video game. Still helped me follow the story.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
I tried to read the books and they didn’t work for me. Maybe the translation from Polish. My backstory came from the Witcher 3 video game. Still helped me follow the story.
I also played the game, so I know the end result of the series I think? But I'm using the books to fill in the gaps. This is my second attempt reading the books, but I'm invested now. I will say the first novel is rather slow paced and just doing a lot of setting up. It reads quick cause there's a quite a bit of dialogue

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Recently figured out I had an Apple+ subscription. Ted Lasso is the funniest show I've seen in a few years. Worth paying for a month to binge the two seasons.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Recently figured out I had an Apple+ subscription. Ted Lasso is the funniest show I've seen in a few years. Worth paying for a month to binge the two seasons.

Foundation is good after a slow start. Greyhound is a very good movie. Both on Apple+

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Foundation is good after a slow start. Greyhound is a very good movie. Both on Apple+

I have no idea what is happening on the remote planet in Foundation, and am therefore struggling to get through the season. The show also feels a bit like homework. I can handle one show like that, Westworld, once every 18 months.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Some good content on Hulu:

Season 2 of The Great is excellent through 5 episodes. Nicholas Hoult is simply an incredible actor. I am still not a fan of Elle Fanning, but it doesn't take much away from the show. She doesn't suck, but there were better options for that character.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Season 15, is hilarious. Warnnig: It will probably offend many people, and there is one scene where i physically gagged while watching it.

Dopesick - very well done.

Reaction Score

He deserves an Emmy. He's so good, so funny, I don't know how he or the cast keep a straight face. His many iterations of the word "huzzah" after nearly everything he says is brilliant. Each time it's slightly different, like it has 100 different meanings.

Toosh!

Reaction Score
I have no idea what is happening on the remote planet in Foundation, and am therefore struggling to get through the season. The show also feels a bit like homework. I can handle one show like that, Westworld, once every 18 months.
I restarted Westworld and am remembering now why I stopped. Is anything in S3 worth it for me to keep going and power through it?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I restarted Westworld and am remembering now why I stopped. Is anything in S3 worth it for me to keep going and power through it?

Yes. I think so. But it depends on why you stopped. The real world episodes are quite different for sure. But it wades into Blade Runner territory in some respects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom