What are you binge watching? | Page 16 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Janis Joplin is the first guest on Cavett tonight, 7/18/69, a little more than a year before her death.

Another one that is breathtaking at times. She was the real deal.

Cavett has not been great in this one so far, but he doesn’t need to be because she is so genuine.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Finally started Ted Lasso last night after being glued to local weather for most the weekend. Rare show that my wife, oldest daughter and I all enjoy watching together. Watched the first four episodes immediately. I suspect we'll finish it in a couple days or less. Agree with all the raves here. Really well written and well cast. And he is hysterical.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Finally started Ted Lasso last night after being glued to local weather for most the weekend. Rare show that my wife, oldest daughter and I all enjoy watching together. Watched the first four episodes immediately. I suspect we'll finish it in a couple days or less. Agree with all the raves here. Really well written and well cast. And he is hysterical.

You and other fans may or may not be aware of this. From 2013.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find Downton Abbey ridiculous? I made it halfway through season 2 and quit, and a friend suggested I give it another chance. It still seems ridiculous. Am I wrong on this?

Is this Young and the Restless with British accents, or is it just me?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You and other fans may or may not be aware of this. From 2013.
That is exactly why I refused to believe the initial hype. That campaign was such a dog they pulled it early.

Reaction Score
Just finished season 3 of Car Masters. A must for any car enthusiast.

Reaction Score
That is exactly why I refused to believe the initial hype. That campaign was such a dog they pulled it early.
I enjoy Ted Lasso. It's a much needed feel good show with all the crap going on.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I enjoy Ted Lasso. It's a much needed feel good show with all the crap going on.
You don't have to tell me. The converts are always the biggest believers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok, we are caught up on Lasso, oldest daughter is moved out of the house again, which means only Mrs. 8893 and me, and our youngest daughter, who is 15 and doesn't watch TV, much less anything with us.

We need a new (to us) show to binge to take our minds off the transition. Any recs? The shows we've successfully binged together include The Wire, Queen's Gambit, The Undoing, Mare of Easttown and Ted Lasso.

Anyone start watching "Nine Perfect Strangers" on Hulu yet?

Reaction Score
Ok, we are caught up on Lasso, oldest daughter is moved out of the house again, which means only Mrs. 8893 and me, and our youngest daughter, who is 15 and doesn't watch TV, much less anything with us.

We need a new (to us) show to binge to take our minds off the transition. Any recs? The shows we've successfully binged together include The Wire, Queen's Gambit, The Undoing, Mare of Easttown and Ted Lasso.

Have you checked out Sharp Objects on HBO?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have you checked out Sharp Objects on HBO?

Nope. Never heard of it. Will look it up. Thanks.
Looks interesting. Love Amy Adams. I think it could work for us.

I also like that it features Henry Czerny, who is a friend of a good friend who loaned us his house in Santa Monica for a week several years ago. My friend hooked us up with Czerny, who was then starring in the ABC series "Revenge," and Czerny was gracious enough to give us a personal backstage tour and arrange for us to watch a few hours of shooting on the set, which my girls and I really enjoyed.

One of the more enjoyable moments for me was when I walked the wrong way while exiting the men's room, and literally walked right into a robed (and stunning) Madeline Stowe, who was getting changed between scenes.

Reaction Score
Check out "Unorthodox" on Netflix. One season, 4 episodes, each less than one hour. Orthodox Jewish woman escapes the oppressive Brooklyn cult, flees to Germany. The cult sends an "operative" after her to bring her back and avoid the embarrassment for her husband and the whole tribe. But.....

Reaction Score

Through 3 episodes Nine Perfect Strangers hasn’t been bad. The “Strangers” have all been interesting enough but Kidman’s character and her intrigue is doing nothing for me so far. We’ll see what happens I guess but if the wife loses interest (she def being the target demo), I won’t lose any sleep wondering what becomes of them. Michael Shannon is pretty great in it as one would expect.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
5th season of "Money Heist" drops Friday on Netflix.

:giggity:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This is perhaps a strange one, but I went through several TVs (starting with The Tick) while exercising in the morning. Some time back, I decided to watch Star Wars - The Bad Batch with my daughter. She said I needed to see some Clone Wars episodes first, so we watched those. I decided to watch all Star Wars - The Clone Wars, and it is my morning exercise (rowing machine) show.

What I've found is that it's really quite good. The writing is excellent. They did an episode dedicated to Akira Kurosawa after he died, that was a variation on The Seven Samurai. There are dozens of examples, some less obvious, but the show is a treasure trove of cultural references. The Cinema Behind Star Wars: Hitchcock, Ridley Scott, and The Fugitive | StarWars.com For Star Wars fans, the portrayal of Annakin is what we wanted in the prequels. He's strong, powerful, charismatic and compelling. You see the impulses that drove him to the dark side but they come very slowly, building in his personality over years. Many other details of the Star Wars universe are filled in by this show.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score

Watched the first episode. Kinda similar to white lotus, but even more bizarre.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Season 4 of Yellowstone coming out November 7th.

Paramount is running a Yellowstone marathon of seasons 1-3 starting Saturday at noon. Good time to record and catch up on evrything leading up to next season

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Netflix majorly disappointed me w/ what they did to "Atypical" earlier this year. They almost ruined "Sex Education" as well. Season 3 dropped on Friday. It seems like they didn't even know what made the show good. It lost all its heart and was just all about being outrageous and raunchy. Almost quit on it. The last episode salvaged the season, finally went back to what made it a good series. Not sure why they wasted the rest of the season. The show is definitely at its best when it focuses on the friendship between Otis & Eric and Maeve & Aimee. Surprisingly Michael Groff, the former head of the school, got probably the best character arc during the season. Jemima Kirke was a new character (replaced Groff at the school), they made her a ridiculous caricature, she didn't get any depth until the last episode.

Reaction Score
Finally jumped into Lucifer.

He is the more charismatic character on tv.

It’s him and red reddington battling head to head (although nbc is working hard to ruin it by going woke to end it).

This guy is fantastic.

The dialogue is clever and funny at the same time.

The cases are just an excuse to get even more quips out of the star of the show. And that’s totally ok.

Great popcorn tv
I've been watching that while I wait for the new season of Blacklist to be added to Netflix. Lucifer is great, perfect combo of comedy and crime for me

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I've been watching that while I wait for the new season of Blacklist to be added to Netflix. Lucifer is great, perfect combo of comedy and crime for me

The most recent season of BL starts slow. It gets better, but I found the ending a little…lacking. Sucks because ive loved this show.

I’m cruising through lucifer though becuase he’s so fun.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Finally jumped into Lucifer.

He is the more charismatic character on tv.

It’s him and red reddington battling head to head (although nbc is working hard to ruin it by going woke to end it).

This guy is fantastic.

The dialogue is clever and funny at the same time.

The cases are just an excuse to get even more quips out of the star of the show. And that’s totally ok.

Great popcorn tv

I've been tempted by this. May need to give it a try.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I've been tempted by this. May need to give it a try.

It’s not brilliant by any means, it’s just really fun tv with great jokes, references and double entendres

It’s also a refreshing take on the devil concept itself

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Chapelwaite. Recently completed season 1. Set mostly in Maine in the 1850's and starring Adrian Brody. It isn't clear at first but Brody's family were the founders of Jerusalem's Lot, Maine. Otherwise known as Salem's Lot. So this hails from the Stephen King generated world, and provides deep backstory. The acting is very good. The writing is good. The pace is a bit slow, but intentionally so. It's on EPIX. Definitely worth a watch.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Goliath is an underappreciated series IMHO. It's gotten odder over time, in a sort of Coen brothers way, but it has some great charachters (Patty is one of my favorites), and almost every scene keeps your interest. Seems like a lot of programing has too much filler - you find yourself looking at your phone or something. This one keeps me tuned in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom