OT: - What are some good music festivals this summer & fall? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: What are some good music festivals this summer & fall?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Couple friends of mine are headlining.
Carolyn Wonderland is fantastic. I saw her in Houston during the 2011 Final Four and again at Crawfish Fest in New Jersey, later that same year I believe.

I love this Dylan cover on her latest album (duet with Jimmie Dale Gilmore):

Reaction Score
If you're cheap like me, the Jazz Forum in Tarrytown (a very good jazz club if you haven't visited yet) hosts free outdoor jazz concerts all around the Tarrytown area. They haven't announced the dates yet, but here's the parent website:

In Katonah, NY, I love Caramoor. If I didn't have a trip planned, I would have attended their American Roots Festival on Saturday June 25th. Unless I'm super excited for the headliner, I typically get a daytime only pass, this year for $45, which gets you access to their music from 1 to about 6, which is spread out across three or four locations on their property. Same deal for their jazz festival on July 30th.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you're cheap like me, the Jazz Forum in Tarrytown (a very good jazz club if you haven't visited yet) hosts free outdoor jazz concerts all around the Tarrytown area. They haven't announced the dates yet, but here's the parent website:

In Katonah, NY, I love Caramoor. If I didn't have a trip planned, I would have attended their American Roots Festival on Saturday June 25th. Unless I'm super excited for the headliner, I typically get a daytime only pass, this year for $45, which gets you access to their music from 1 to about 6, which is spread out across three or four locations on their property. Same deal for their jazz festival on July 30th.
Molly Tuttle is worth the upcharge.

Reaction Score
Carolyn Wonderland is fantastic. I saw her in Houston during the 2011 Final Four and again at Crawfish Fest in New Jersey, later that same year I believe.

I love this Dylan cover on her latest album (duet with Jimmie Dale Gilmore):

I have met her a couple times. Nice lady.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This was mentioned but here is the link and details for Boston Calling

BF007FE4-0CCA-4555-9F14-EFB9574AC0F3.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Sound on Sound Festival in Bridgeport has a great lineup:

Is this the first year? No clue how I’ve never heard of it. I’m a fan of many of the bands playing.

Reaction Score
I have not had the opportunity to enjoy much in the past few years as a full time care giver for my wife-I pulled the trigger and got tickets to the Big Blues Bender in Las Vegas August 25 through 28th. Looking forward to this one. Check out this lineup.

Reaction Score
So I pulled the trigger. Have not been able to take a vacation in years. Got my tickets to the Big Blues Bender in August. Las Vegas.

Reaction Score

The Sea Music Festival used to be an annual event at the Mystic Seaport. Well, it is still alive, but it is not at the Seaport. This Festival has been around since the 1980's, my wife and I have attended it annually since 1996 (due to the pandemic, it did not take place the last couple of years). A great folk festival, especially for those who love to sing along to the songs, and believe me, the crowd that has attended in the past has certainly done so in the past.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz just announced a strong lineup. Boney James, Spyro Gyra, Manhattan Transfer among others. It's free!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom