Whaley | The Boneyard

Whaley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The stats don't show it but he makes all the little plays, the double doubles will start to follow. He's the type of player that Covid/no crowds hurt because he's an energy/momentum player type of player but he's more than that. He's the guy guarding the best guy on the other team and his teammates love him, he really feels like the heart of this team.

Reaction Score
Was just about to create a post about him, but he’s been amazing & probably the number one reason why this team has transform into a winning team over the last 20 games or so. Can’t say enough about him, does everything right on the court. Already said a bunch about him on the other threads so I will leave it at that.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The stats don't show it but he makes all the little plays, the double doubles will start to follow. He's the type of player that Covid/no crowds hurt because he's an energy/momentum player type of player but he's more than that. He's the guy guarding the best guy on the other team and his teammates love him, he really feels like the heart of this team.
UConn fans would be so loud for this team. It’s a shame. I’m glad we get to watch.

Reaction Score
Should go down as one of the most improved players from the beginning of his career to the end at UConn.
He's the most improved player I've ever seen at UConn. There's a guy like Hilton Armstrong who became a lottery pick but he was groomed by Calhoun and a stable of NBA bigs, he had the frame and you could see the talent was there. I didn't think Whaley was a UConn level player and thought it would be best for him and Hurley to find a mid-major for him where he would play a bunch, he's now a force and every UConn fan hopes he'll come back for a 5th year.

Reaction Score
Whaley is an Awesome Player. Plays hard, doesn’t force shots, goes hard after loose balls, defends well and passes reasonably well. It’s a pleasure to watch him play.

Reaction Score
Took his first ever 3 tonight and I didn’t yell, couldn’t imagine saying that two years ago.

Quite frankly(tm), if he is going to play the 4 as many minutes as he did tonight, he needs to be a threat from the perimeter.

He had an open look on a pick and roll or a kickout (don't remember exactly), but passed it up and I thought "this is exactly why you play 4 shooters".

I don't even really care if he makes that many, but he has to be credible enough to not allow the defense to pack the paint.

Reaction Score
The post game guys were right in praising him. He's always played with energy. His athleticism has always been underrated outside of Storrs. His b-ball IQ has grown and his play has grown and improved.

He's one of my favorite Huskies. I know he was banged up at times, but didn't understand why he didn't get a little more PT under Ollie.

Sometimes, a coaching change really helps a guy. I think Calhoun is on the Mt. Rushmore of college b-ball coaches, but the one player I think he undervalued was Giffey. Never though he used him right.

Back on topic, I'd love to have Whaley back next year.

Reaction Score
Was just about to create a post about him, but he’s been amazing & probably the number one reason why this team has transform into a winning team over the last 20 games or so. Can’t say enough about him, does everything right on the court. Already said a bunch about him on the other threads so I will leave it at that.
He is the perfect follow up to vital.

Reaction Score
The post game guys were right in praising him. He's always played with energy. His athleticism has always been underrated outside of Storrs. His b-ball IQ has grown and his play has grown and improved.

He's one of my favorite Huskies. I know he was banged up at times, but didn't understand why he didn't get a little more PT under Ollie.

Sometimes, a coaching change really helps a guy. I think Calhoun is on the Mt. Rushmore of college b-ball coaches, but the one player I think he undervalued was Giffey. Never though he used him right.

Back on topic, I'd love to have Whaley back next year.
You must have missed his first season and half under Hurley, he wasn't getting any burn during that time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom