Westworld | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Westworld

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I looked up several discussions about this online. I don't have a sound setup, just the TV. So I guess that's my problem. It is, as I noted in some of these discussions, not usually a problem when I'm just watching something that is being broadcast on television vs. watching a DVD/Blu-ray. Also I haven't been to a theater in forever, but seems like even there where you'd think they'd have the sound system all set up correctly, there can be deafeningly loud sounds effects or music, and dialogue that is hard to hear.
interested in this - so what type of setup do you recommend August? We just have the TV's audio right now.

At the bare minimum, people should have a soundbar based sound system.

In my home theater space, I've got everything feeding a receiver via HDMI, and a 5.1 setup with quality front bookshelf speakers, a good center channel speaker, and two surrounds mounted behind and the left and right. No subwoofer because my fronts produce good bass. I think you miss a lot watching movies with TV sound. If I watch Star Wars, I can hear a ship traveling diagonally, from back right to front left. The sound travels spatially around the room.

Understand not everyone has the space or funds for that. The current best set ups are quite a bit better than mine.

Reaction Score
What’s your home theater setup? I don’t mean that as an insult. It’s to illustrate a point , they are mixing stuff now for 7.1 surround , without 5.1 minimum yeah the mixes sound like crap and unbalanced. Especially if you own a sound bar which is the greatest rip off in the 2-800 dollar range tgat exists in the retail space . I say this as someone with 7.1 in one room and a sound bar + sub in other . The tv with the sound bar is almost unwatchable for exactly what you and who you replied to describe. In my 7.1 I can still hear low volume when I do t want crash bang boom and it’s even.

Most of the TV we watch is in our bedroom - with a fairly modern (2 year old) TV with no system. I'm moving in a couple of weeks and will probably do more work in the new house to improve it - but it is just annoying that you can't just watch TV without a home theater setup and get the sound right.

Reaction Score
At the bare minimum, people should have a soundbar based sound system.

In my home theater space, I've got everything feeding a receiver via HDMI, and a 5.1 setup with quality front bookshelf speakers, a good center channel speaker, and two surrounds mounted behind and the left and right. No subwoofer because my fronts produce good bass. I think you miss a lot watching movies with TV sound. If I watch Star Wars, I can hear a ship traveling diagonally, from back right to front left. The sound travels spatially around the room.

Understand not everyone has the space or funds for that. The current best set ups are quite a bit better than mine.

Agreed - but it isn't practical to have a home theater setup on 4-6 televisions, especially in bedrooms.

Reaction Score
I finally finished this abomination. I had to. I started it, so I had to finish it. For whatever reason, ADHD, boredom, the last 3 or 4 episodes took me about 2 weeks to get through. I'd watch, multi task because I was bored, rewind. Robots. The guy who is Beavis/Butthead/Billie Joe Armstrong/Jesse Pinkman. It all just coagulated into something entirely different from whence it started. OK. Robots. Pink Floyd. Old Ed Harris. Ugh. I hope they bail on this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom