Westbrook Waiver Appeal Denied | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Westbrook Waiver Appeal Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I’m really sad for Evina. If any good comes out of it,
I hope her knee has the chance to fully recover and she’ll be back to full strength next year which will help her draft prospects.

I also wonder if Geno or Evina will be allowed to publicly discuss the extenuating circumstances they felt should have led to an approval.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Why is she at the Vanderbilt game? I thought she could not travel with the team.

Reaction Score
I’m really sad for Evina. If any good comes out of it,
I hope her knee has the chance to fully recover and she’ll be back to full strength next year which will help her draft prospects.

I also wonder if Geno or Evina will be allowed to publicly discuss the extenuating circumstances they felt should have led to an approval.
They (and Benedict) should just do it whether they're "allowed" or not.

I love that Memphis is going ahead and playing their one-and-done player James Wiseman after getting a temporary restraining order against the NCAA's ruling him ineligible. If he is ultimately found to be ineligible, he'll already be in the NBA and Memphis doesn't care if all their wins get voided.

Reaction Score
These are the committee members who denied the waiver to Westbrook. No explanation, no spokesperson.

Kristina Minor
Rutgers, New Jersey
Big Ten Conference
Erik Price
Pac-12 Conference
Pac-12 Conference
Stephen Aley
Univ Texas El Paso
Conference USA
Tim S. Parker
Virginia Polytechnic
Atlantic Coast Conference
Stephen LaPorta
James Madison
Colonial Athletic Association
Jennifer Lawlor
Monmouth University
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
Meredith Eaker
ASUN Conference
ASUN Conference
So basically a bunch of WCBB nobodys who hold her future in their hands and totally screw this young student athlete. So sad and unfair.

Reaction Score
I am disappointed with the decision of the NCAA and sorry for Evina. This is and was a very poor decision. I see the end of the NCAA coming. Decisions like this and the assertion by the individual colleges and leagues to rule their own destinies i. e. paying players, etc. will make the NCAA useless. I see the leagues making their own rules in the future and following a loose confederation of colleges for tournaments and championships.

Reaction Score
So basically a bunch of WCBB nobodys who hold her future in their hands and totally screw this young student athlete. So sad and unfair.
Exactly. What are their qualifications? What is their criteria? And they have absolutely ZERO accountability while deciding the future of the student athletes.

Reaction Score
The players being denied this year are just reaping the consequences of the NCAA's past irregularities. They pretty much announced early on that they would not be as easy to get a waiver as it has been in the past. This whole thing sounds like they are attempting to present an image of some consistency with respect to compliance with respect to their written roles. I think they may be expecting or have already been targeted for lawsuits. That seems to be the only viable explanation for this sudden stiffening of the rules. Very similar to what the CIF did in California when they were taken to court with respect to transfer and eligibility rulings.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
On the SEC telecast. they showed Evina many times on the bench and she looked to be in very good spirits and cheering her team on. What a great kid. She is going to focus all her energy on helping her team in practice and getting stronger and healthy.

Reaction Score
I don't think Geno should be dropping innuendos if he's not ever allowed to tell the story. That's like Pat Summitt's "Geno knows what he did" business that ended the UConn-Tennessee rivalry a decade ago. In these situations when you're at a dead end, it's best to just take the high road because there is zero to gain by doing otherwise.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Evina feels terrible right now, and I feel terrible for her. If anything comes out of this, I sincerely hope that the NCAA creates a hard and fast rule on transfers that is no longer open to interpretation. No one should ever have to go through this Stop.
The NCAA is ONLY thinking of the Good of the child. Children come first with the NcAA. Students however not so much. I said this before and now again: Replace the Ncaa. All organizations are replaced sooner or later, this is a bit too land BUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom