OT: - Westbrook to The Lakers | The Boneyard

OT: Westbrook to The Lakers

Reaction Score

Should put them back in championship contention again next year.

Reaction Score
This team is going to be fun to watch on how bad they will shoot it. NBA is a 3point league and they have no shooting.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand how he fits. I think this is a really bad trade.
It's very easy to see this one going up in flames. I'm not sure how Westbrook can coexist with AD and Lebron without this whole thing getting real dysfunctional.

Reaction Score
if internet rumors are to be believed this is supposedly a 3 team trade with lakers getting westbrook + hield (can’t be announced yet due to schroeder s&t), which would make it a bit more palatable.

not a fan of the westbrook fit. the only saving grace is having someone to offload ballhandling/playmaking from bron and run the team while he is on the bench. although 40+ million for that is extreme…

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I really don't understand how he fits. I think this is a really bad trade.

yes and no. I don’t think it is a great fit, but I don’t think Kuzma and Harrell have much trade value, and while KCP is decent, average shooting wing guards grow on trees. Lakers got more than they gave.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This will pretty much be the introduction from Lebron to Westbrook.

rocky dolph lundgren GIF

Reaction Score
if internet rumors are to be believed this is supposedly a 3 team trade with lakers getting westbrook + hield (can’t be announced yet due to schroeder s&t), which would make it a bit more palatable.

not a fan of the westbrook fit. the only saving grace is having someone to offload ballhandling/playmaking from bron and run the team while he is on the bench. although 40+ million for that is extreme…
Hield helps it a bit, but if the predominant take was that it would take Kuzma, Harrell and a pick to get him, how is Schröder going to do it?

Reaction Score
This is the third straight season Russ has been traded. Harden didn't want to play with him, Beal didn't want to play with him. LeBron and AD are going to continue that pattern.

This move has "GM LeBron" written all over it but it's a gamble they probably had to take. If Vogel is smart and staggers their rotations so Russ is primarily leading the second unit and doing his thing on his own then this could work out. The three stars on the court together to close out games will be interesting though.

Reaction Score
This is the third straight season Russ has been traded. Harden didn't want to play with him, Beal didn't want to play with him. LeBron and AD are going to continue that pattern.

This move has "GM LeBron" written all over it but it's a gamble they probably had to take. If Vogel is smart and staggers their rotations so Russ is primarily leading the second unit and doing his thing on his own then this could work out. The three stars on the court together to close out games will be interesting though.
He's the only MVP to be traded three straight offseasons.

There's a reason for that.

Reaction Score
Hield helps it a bit, but if the predominant take was that it would take Kuzma, Harrell and a pick to get him, how is Schröder going to do it?
caveat again that this all from reddit (so take it as you will).

trade would be the following:
  • lakers get: russ, hield
  • wizards get: schröder (s&t), kcp, lakers 1st
  • kings get: kuzma, harrell

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Westbrook helps remove the playmaking burden for Lebron. He has also shown an ability to elevate the play of a Co-Star. LA need to fill out the roster with 3 and D wings and they immediately become odds on favorites for next season.

Reaction Score
Westbrook helps remove the playmaking burden for Lebron. He has also shown an ability to elevate the play of a Co-Star. LA need to fill out the roster with 3 and D wings and they immediately become odds on favorites for next season.
i would still take Brooklyn (if healthy), although would be a really interesting matchup stylistically.

how does LA defend BKN on the perimeter (loss of KCP hurts there).

how does BKN defend LA in the post. presumably they pack it in. so will really hinge on who LA can get for shooters.

if the trade i posted above it real, then remaining LA needs are:
  • 3&D wings
  • starting C (let Davis play the 4 during the year to stay healthy, move to the 5 in playoffs)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Add a 4th Team then because the kings have zero use for Schroeder

Reaction Score
Who actually did it all by themselves???
Nobody does it all by themselves but there's something really cool and impressive about doing it with your own team and not needing to field a team of stars as opposed to jumping around and needing other stars. Dirk comes to mind and also Giannis. Middleton is a really good player but I don't consider him a star and they came up together through all the hard times to win. Giannis could've bounced to a more glamorous city and teamed up with Doncic or Lebron but he stuck it out in Milwaukee and did it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Unless he’s taking a one year deal why would wash take Schroeder? They have a legit shot at Max cep space if they Judy take expiring deals over kuz

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

This sounds like the trade proposals I would hear when I used to listen to WFAN in New York. I imagine that today these calls go something like:

"Louie from Queens. Long time, first time. Why don't the Knicks trade Kevin Knox for the Greek Freak and Middleton? Don't you think the Knicks could use The Freak and Middleton? We have the best Greek restaurants in New York. Why don't the Knicks make that deal?"

And that trade proposal would get discussed for about 10 minutes.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

You mind posting a link to the reddit thread? I haven't gotten the prospect of this trade out of my head since I read your post but I'm not seeing any whispers of the deal elsewhere. Would obviously be an incredible deal for the Lakers

Reaction Score
schroder, kcp and what will surely be a late first for westbrook? the kings got a better haul for hield. what are wizards doing?!

Reaction Score
You mind posting a link to the reddit thread? I haven't gotten the prospect of this trade out of my head since I read your post but I'm not seeing any whispers of the deal elsewhere. Would obviously be an incredible deal for the Lakers
not saying any of this is reputable at all, but here you go.

one of the reddit threads i could find again (has some pepe silvia vibes):

mentioned briefly here too:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline